15

15

A Chapter by Caritatis

15

Keevan logged onto Skype just as Amantis gave her a call. This time, his turtle, Skipper, was in front of the computer in the view from the webcam.

“Hi, Skipper,” Keevan said, smiling. She kept her voice down so she wouldn’t wake up Karkat next door.

“Captain Cuddles, stay away from Skipper!” Amantis squealed from his bedroom. He picked up his turtle just as Cuddles jumped at it. The cat meowed and jumped onto the floor. Amantis went across his room and put his turtle back in her tank.

“Hi, Kee,” Amantis said, finally sitting down in front of his computer. “What’s up?”

“I just wanted to see if you were okay,” Keevan said, “and I have some...exciting news.” Keevan couldn’t hide her smile.

“Tell me your news first!” Amantis said excitedly.

“Okay, well,” Keevan began, holding onto her locket again. “I broke up with Jack today. And…I’m in love with someone else.”

Amantis squealed and almost fell backwards in his chair. “Who?!”

“His name is Karkat,” Keevan said, blushing, “and he is so much better than Jack.”

“What’s he like?” Amantis asked, not even bothering to find out why she broke up with Jack.

“He’s...” Keevan paused, thinking about Karkat. “Well, he has a bit of a temper, but he really just needs someone to talk to. He decided to confide in me, and I found a softer side of him. I...I love him. And he loves me.”

“That’s so sweet!” Amantis cooed, resting his chin on his hand and smiling. “I wish...I could meet someone like that. By the way, Kee, do you know where to find, um, Motavo?”

“Why?” Keevan asked, surprised by the subject change.

“Because I...I want to see him again,” Amantis said quietly, blushing. Keevan smiled.

“Sorry, I don’t know,” she said. “He just...shows up, I guess.” Amantis looked a little sad.

“Oh,” he said quietly. “I have to go to bed now, so I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay, Amantis. Goodnight, I love you.”

“Love you, too, Kee.”

 

Keevan was startled in the middle of the night by a sudden noise in her room. She sat up quickly and reached over to her lamp to turn on a light. She jumped when she saw Motavo standing in her room.

“M-Motavo!” she whispered, getting out of bed. “You scared me! How did you get in here?”

“I climbed through your window,” he said quietly.

“My room is on the second floor!”

“I’m a good climber,” he said, a small hint of a smile playing on his lips. “I’m here because I wanted to apologize for what happened in the diner the other day.”

“Oh,” Keevan said, “well, apology accepted. Just know that I stopped that woman from calling the police, but you’re not welcome back at that diner.”

“I only went in there to protect you and your friend,” he said, but then his eyes widened and he looked away. He hadn’t meant to say that.

“Well, we’re both grateful,” Keevan said, smiling at him.

“If you...don’t mind telling me,” Motavo began slowly, “what is your friend’s name?”

“His name is Amantis,” Keevan said, picking up on why he wanted to know Amantis’s name, “and he actually told me that he wants to see you again.”

“R-really,” Motavo said quietly. He looked back at Keevan seriously. “Who was that person harassing him?”

“His horrible boyfriend, Vanus,” Keevan said, her face now holding an angry expression. “He spreads lies about Amantis and spreads rumors about, um, vulgar things they engage in. Amantis is afraid of him, yet...” Keevan sighed. “He won’t leave him. He tells me he loves Van, but I think he’s just afraid of breaking up with him.”

“I see,” Motavo said slowly. “Well...where can I meet with Amantis? Where does he usually go in his free time?”

Keevan thought about it and said, “How about you two meet in the middle of Pisces Park?” Keevan suggested. “I can tell Amantis to go there, tomorrow at four. Okay?”

“I...okay,” Motavo said. “Thank you, Keevan.”

“Um, before you go, I have a quick question,” Keevan said as he turned around.

“Yes?”

“How did you know where I lived?”

“Ever since that day we met and I couldn’t hurt you,” he said slowly, “I...have felt the need to protect you. And now, I feel I need to protect your friend Amantis as well.” Without another word, Motavo jumped out of the window. Keevan quickly ran and looked out of the window. Motavo had jumped onto the thick branch of a close tree and was now climbing down to the ground.

“Goodnight, Motavo,” Keevan said out the window.

“Goodnight, Keevan,” he replied. He then ran down the street, disappearing in darkness.

Karkat lay in bed with his eyes open.

I kissed her. I KISSED her.

He still couldn’t believe it. He had confessed his feelings to Keevan. He had kissed her. She had kissed him back and told him that she loved him. Karkat couldn’t help smiling to himself, and the fact that her room was right next door was driving him crazy. He wanted to be with her. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to kiss her again and hold her hand. He just wanted Keevan.

Karkat rolled over, closing his eyes. There was no way he would be able to sleep. He was so...happy. He didn’t remember the last time he was this happy.

He didn’t ever want the feeling to go away.



© 2012 Caritatis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: humanstuck, homestuck, fanfiction, AU, fantrolls, fiction, romance, drama, angst


Author

Caritatis
Caritatis

LOOAS



About
I write. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Caritatis


2 2

A Chapter by Caritatis


3 3

A Chapter by Caritatis