A one-sided love

A one-sided love

A Chapter by Missy
"

Ashley tries to convince Jesse to turn her into a vampire

"

At the hospital, Jesse realized that Amber is there with her mother only. He needed to find Ashley, so he reluctantly left Amber there. He just hoped that his brother didn’t realize that there were three of them in that conversation he overheard. He headed to the cabin to see if she was there. Drake was right behind him in tow watching closely.

 

            The day starting off okay, after the family realized I was going to live they backed off a bit. After breakfast with the family I had to answer questions with Detective Morlutt over what happened last night. I would’ve liked to avoid that part as most people in a violent attack would’ve. It felt mostly like a dream that night and I tried to describe that to the Detective. It was like watching me struggling with him then being thrown out of the window and him letting me go. Detective Morlutt made me explain it to him a few times because he couldn’t grasp it and neither could I. He told my mother and me that he thought the guy was on some drugs which would have made him unsusceptible to pain and very strong.

            After he was gone I thought I was done with the whole hospital experience except Dr. Know it All comes in and tells me I couldn’t leave until tomorrow morning. I tried pleading with him several times, but he wouldn’t falter. Dad, Ashley, and Max got to go home and I was partially glad they did. That way everyone would stop staring and treating me like I was an important lab experiment.

            At present, here I was stuck in this bed with the right side of my neck aching. The plus side was this room had cable. I flipped through the channels while mom went to the cafeteria to pick up dinner. There was nothing on television. I realized after flipping through my favorite stations. I finally settled on a show called “Chuck”, which gave me a few laughs and brightened up my gloomy day. The weather must’ve caught my mood because when I glanced outside the once bright blue sky was replaced by a grayish cloudy background. It looked like rain was about to be upon us. Then mom came through the door with food.

            “Mom,” I said as she grabbed a small table with wheels and pulled it closer to the bed.

            “I just spoke to your dad he, Ashley, and Max just got home.”

            “Nice, what did you bring?” I asked more interested in the food which she had yet to take out of the plastic bag. Mom went straight to the bags and pulled out the food and we both dug in.

 

            Jesse arrived shortly to the cabin. He quickly flew to Ashley and Amber’s bedroom window. It wasn’t hard for him to enter the premises because the window was covered with a sheet. Once inside Ashley spotted him quickly. She had been sleeping when Jesse removed her blue comforter from over her. She tried to speak to him, but he only pout a finger to her mouth to urge her to be quiet. He then moved his hand toward the window and she agreed to his silent thought of leaving her home. He whisked her out of bed and out the window in mere seconds and had her at least two miles deep in the woods before he stopped running. Jesse finally let go of Ashley, shaking a few leaves out of her head as she steadied her balance. Drake stood by close enough to watch and observe what appeared to him as close intimate interaction. Before Jesse could say a word Ashley had her arms around him tightly.

            “I knew you’d be back for me. I knew you loved me.” She said holding him with every amount of strength she could conjure.

            “Ashley,” Jesse said pulling her away from him, holding her hands in his. “I came here to say goodbye.” Jesse said looking her in the eyes. For some reason he did care only because he would be the reason for her death. This was never part of the plan. She was only a play thing not someone he wished to kill or be killed.

            “Goodbye,” Ashley managed to say as tears welled up in her eyes.

            “Ashley,” he said impatiently. “Stop acting like a little girl and grow up. This is goodbye.” Jesse said and began to walk away.

            Ashley chased after him and yelled to him. “Bite me.” Jesse stopped moving, but didn’t turn around. “Bite me and turn me into one of you.”

            Jesse didn’t even think about it. He couldn’t fathom spending and eternity with Ashley. Vampires were able to pick a human mate to turn if they were ready to make a commitment, but the whole process required approval by all four leaders and then the master himself. His father was one of the leaders and well his father would only approve if he chose the mate himself.

            “How pathetic are you?’ Jesse asked Ashley who instantly fell to her knees at his words. The way he saw it even if it were possible and even if he desired he felt nothing for her. He could hear her cries as he fled the woods he didn’t care, he couldn’t care. His only desire was to get closer to Amber; she was never far from his mind.

            Drake who had been listening entertainingly by the events decided it was time he found out what it was about this girl that had his once sadistic brother all soft.

            “I’m sorry I couldn’t help, but overhear you talking to my brother, Jesse.” Drake said as he walked from the woods toward Ashley who quickly jumped to her feet and took a few steps back.

            She stood silently in front of him debating whether or not to run.

            “I’m Drake,” he said lending a hand out to her. She reached to shake his hand. “And you must be, Ashley.” He shook her hand as she looked shocked upon hearing he knew her.

            “You know my name?” She asked him stating the obvious.

            “Yea can’t get Jesse to stop talking about the beautiful girl at the cabin.” Drake said circling Ashley he thought she was attractive.

            “Really, he said that about me.” Ashley asked excitedly.

            “Oh, yes. He also said you gave him a taste of your blood.” Drake said licking his lips and he stopped moving so he could face her.

            “Are you…a vampire too?” Ashley asked staring at him without fear because Jesse had never hurt her, physically.

            “Yes, can I have a taste?” Drake asked sticking his fangs out. He walked closer to her causing her to keep stepping back until she bumped into a tree.

            “No, why,” Ashley replied realizing a little too late that something wasn’t quite right with Drake. She tried to run away, but like Jesse he moved too fast and she was back at the tree.

            “Jesse bit you last night and somehow your blood made him stronger.”

            Ashley knew then that he had meant Amber, but regardless of her wants to be rid of her sister she wouldn’t send her to her death. “Fine, just one bite, she said quickly closing her eyes bracing for the impact.

            “I feel I’ve been dishonest,” Drake said moving her hair to the side. “I don’t want a taste I want it all.

            Before Ashley could respond to struggle or scream his teeth began pierced her skin. All she could think of in the moment was this is how Amber felt when Jesse had bit her. She felt herself grow weaker as her limbs gave off a feeling like they do when they fell asleep. Her eyes began to get heavier and she could no longer fight the feeling anymore and she let her eyelids fold down.



© 2012 Missy


Author's Note

Missy
Ch1. pt 3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on August 11, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012
Tags: vampire, family, attack, hospital, police, drama, love


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy