Beauty is her name

Beauty is her name

A Chapter by Missy
"

Jesse realizes he and Amber have attended the same party. He tries to act incognito while Amber flirts with other guys without knowing he's there.

"

He felt like he was in slow motion. Jesse raised his head and he saw her. He was standing so close to her presence. She was surrounded by her friends. They were laughing, he smiled too, couldn’t help himself if he tried. Jesse wanted to talk with her, but he remembered she had seen his face that night. Amber would remember him and not in a good way. He rushed back over to Amy making sure to stand on the opposite side so he could watch her.

            "Amy, why is this party so nice?" Her face lit up when she saw he'd returned.        "Well, for starters there's you." Amy was so excited she started talking to him about everything from the people, the music playing, the alcohol, and something that happened to her that day. Jesse barely paid any attention to her at all. He couldn't take his eyes off of Amber.

            Amber, she looked absolutely exquisite, he thought. Her hair was down and had light curl to it. He figured she had it in a ponytail, he was glad she let it down, he liked it that way. She and her friends started dancing amongst themselves. Amber danced with a blond as they faced each other. Her red tank top looked glued to her skin. It accented the curve of her ample bosom and her small waist. The skirt she wore twirled around, rising on occasion, depending on the move she made. He was so lost in her every move. Jesse completely forgot about Amy until she wouldn't stop calling his name.

            "Jesse. Jesse."

            "I heard you the first time," he responded softly or he tried to at least.

            "You weren't paying any attention to me. You were just looking at them." Amy said turning to point in their direction.

            Jesse quickly grabbed her hand so Amber wouldn't see and draw attention on him. "Look, maybe if you actually had something worth listening to, I would."

            Amy's mouth opened in shock. Jesse was about to let her walk away except Amber was coming his way. Jesse had to act quickly. Amy had turned from him so he spun her around quickly. She tried to protest so Jesse just kissed her. Amy was shocked at first, but she kissed him back. Jesse hardly noticed his focus was all on Amber. He watched as she approached a tall tan guy in the corner. Jesse didn't notice him before. He looked different to him. Jesse watched the two of them talk when he released his kiss from Amy.

            "Wow, I mean, wow," he heard Amy say. He was too focused on the guy to reply. "I'm going to grab a drink. I'll be back. Don't go anywhere," she added.

            Jesse still wanted to know who the guy was speaking to Amber. He watched as she touched his hand. He was envious of the smile she gave him. Jesse couldn't help himself he moved in closer to get a better view of the guys face. He had a familiar aura about him that Jesse couldn't quite figure out. Jesse shut every noise out of his mind so he could hear their conversation. He had to know what they were saying. A couple years ago he had the strength to walk away from her. Now, here she was close to him. He no longer had the strength to leave her side. No, here he would remain. There had to be away for them to be together, he felt it inside that she was the one he'd spend eternity with. They were meant to be, he knew and soon she would too.

           

            We had been trading the bottle along until we got to the party. I could hear the music blasting as we walked up the sidewalk to the stairs. A few guys were outside watching us as we passed them. They were ogling us and we loved it.

            The inside of the house was packed. There were people everywhere. As soon as we entered a random guy offered us a beer that we declined. April decided she'd drink one.

            "Well, don't drink the whole bottle." I told her.

            "Ooh, jello shots," Tiffany shouted and we all followed her to the far wall. There was a petite girl who looks about our age handing out jello shots. Tiffany grabbed two for each of us and passed them down.

            "To getting some tonight," Liv said holding her first cup up. We all did the same and swallowed our shot. I'm not sure if we were all hoping for some tonight. Was I? Who knows, I thought.

            I held up my last jello shot. "To saying, hell with the past, bring on the future," I used my tongue to pry out the jello. My friends followed suit, but slowly. I got the feeling they were focusing on my past too much. Yes, I'm a lone survivor, but I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself. I am ready to move on. No more tears.

            "I'm ready to dance," I said getting up and moving with the groove of the beat. Jamie was next to jump up followed by the others. As we danced we watched the guys watch us. That only made us dance with each other more. I was having a good time. I was out of the house with my girls at a pretty good party dancing. What more could I ask for? Before I could answer I saw him out the corner of my eye. I slowed my dancing down so I could be sure it was him. It was, it was Sean. I was so excited though I tried to hold it in. I was afraid if he thought I was too interested in him he might think I was desperate. The truth is I am desperate. I've never had a boyfriend, ever. Of course, I have had several crushes, but those were all to guys in Jackson, Michigan. After my family died I had to move to Lansing and I haven't been back since. Now, that I'm ready for a relationship all I could think about was Sean. He was the cutest guy at Waverly High School. Now he was a freshman at Michigan State University. I bet all those girls want a piece of him, like I do.

            I swayed my hip slowly while locking onto his pale grey eyes with my hazel ones. I watched him watch me. It suddenly felt like we were the only two people in the room. The only two people in the entire universe as far as I was concerned. Sean was leaning against the wall across from me. He looked absolutely sexy in his dark blue jeans and white tee shirt with a red and while light jacket over it. I couldn't stop staring at him. I was completely mesmerized, lost in his eyes. I shouldn't even let myself get started on his lips. They were perfect like he was. I zeroed in on them with my eyes. I licked my lips as I imagined myself kissing them softly. Okay that's it, I told myself snapping out of the trance. I needed to go talk to him.

            I stopped dancing and started walking towards Sean. I could feel my friend's eyes on me. This was no time to change my mind. I told myself so I kept going further. I mouthed, hi, to him to check if he minded my coming over. He smiled a beautiful smile and mouthed my words back to me. I tried not to blush as I was all too excited that he was even here. We finally came face to face and I completely froze up. I could only think of one thing. "Hi," I said again immediately regretting my words. I bet he thinks I'm an idiot.

            To my surprise he stopped leaning against the wall. He grabbed my hand in his holding me firmly, but gently. "Hello, again," he said.

            I had to bite my tongue to avoid saying hi again. "How's class?" I said to him to just say anything.

            "Good," he answered. It was so short I was disappointed. I didn't want our talk to end.

            "Generic answer," I joked giving him a smile.

            "Generic question," he joked back returning the smile and looking into my eyes, my soul. Oh my goodness was he hot.

            "How so?" I asked him just so he'd keep smiling and staring in my direction.

            "Two reasons. One, it's the beginning of class one cannot possibly fathom how classes are going. They can assume, but assumptions are subject to change. Two you did not walk over here to talk about my classes." He finished with a smile holding my gaze with his. I broke contact with him. I looked down I didn't want to but he always peered into my soul.

            "Your right," I said looking back up at him.

            "Which part?" He asked.

            I thought for a moment. "Both," I blurted out and playfully pat him on the shoulder. He so wanted me to say that. I knew I was right because he laughed when I hit him. I wanted to ask him on a date. He was so intimidating standing before me. I tried to find the words, but felt it incredibly hard to say. "I wanted to ask," I felt my very breath leaving my body.

            "Yes," he said raising my head with his hand to look me in the eyes again. He really was not helping my cause.

            Why did he have to be so good looking? Why did he have to sound so suave? Why was I so nervous? "I wanted to ask you to my birthday?"  I knew as soon as I said it that I didn't make any sense.

            "You're having a party." I was so glad he filled in the blanks. I was sure Sean got what I meant to say and was asking for confirmation.

            "Yes, in three days, Friday, that's my birthday." I was definitely sounding very much like an idiot now. I couldn't help it he got me so nervous. When I spoke my words tended to blur together.

            "I would love to come to your party." Sean replied still holding my gaze. He was definitely not being fair.

            "Great," I stated and turned around. I couldn't take his presence much longer. He made me feel weak and my legs like jello. He gave a whole new meaning to butterflies in your stomach. Then I freaked out and I turned right back around. "Do you know where I live? Do you need my number?

            "Yes, I know where you live." He said smiling again. "And no I don't need your number." I nodded I was crushed. I turned back around to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. "I said I don't need your number, but I would like your number."

            I huge smile came across my face. I must've looked dumb or something. He pulled out his cell phone and I gave him my digits. Then I went back over to my friends. As I was walking I felt my cell vibrating from my purse. I picked it up and saw I had a new text message. It was from a number I didn't recognize. I hoped it wasn't someone sending a chain message. I hate those things. I clicked to read the message. "

            "U nvr asked for my #, by the way so I'll give it 2 u. Heading out now. Enjoy urslf. Check it out, dial it sometime."

            I was shocked and looked up just in time as Sean was exiting through the doorway. "Bye," I mouthed silently as if he could hear me. Sean turned around as if he did hear my words and he said three days and held up three fingers before leaving. Three days, I said to myself and laughed. I turned around to see Jamie and Tiff staring. I walked over to them as I looked to see where April or Olivia might be. I didn't see either of them in the living room, but then again there were many people in this house.

            "Okay, tell me everything," Tiffany said before I could get in a word.

            "Okay, but first we have to plan my birthday party in three days."

            "Done," Jamie said really quickly. "Now tell us."

I could only smile as I told them the goods on my conversation with Sean.

 

            Jesse had heard them talking and he was positively distraught at what he'd heard. It was more from what he saw though. The looks she gave that Sean. The look she gave her friends now. He could feel it, sense, it, see it, she yearned for him. That should be him, he thought. She should love him. Jesse wanted to investigate further and chase after the man and find out who he really was. Jesse had a feeling the guy was a little more than human. He just couldn't' figure it out. His kind, vampires didn't get involved the business of other supernatural beings. It was the result of an unwritten, unspoken code between all supernatural beings. What was he? He tried to think, but couldn't come up with a good answer besides he wasn't prepared to leave her side.

            He remembered bringing her back safely to her home after her family had been murdered. His only thought was her safety. He cared for her so much. Yes, he knew the intense feelings he felt could have been the result of her blood in his system. He yearned for her before then so that couldn't be it. He was able to keep his distance until that night. The pull was so strong that led him to the side of her neck. The feeling made his mouth water before he took his first bite. The pull drove him into a frenzy at the taste of her. She was sweeter than any blood he'd ever tasted. He felt something inside him changing as her blood traveling inside of him. It made him stronger and forever bonded their spirits.

            He left her alone because he could feel her. He wanted her to be happy and to succeed at her dreams even if it mean being without him. Jesse knew the best thing for her at the time was away from his family. Jesse made a promise to walk away from her then. Amber walked back into his life today. She sat five feet across from him giggling with her friends. He watched a man approach her with a single glass.

            "A drink for a beautiful lady," the guy said holding the glass to Amber.

            "What the hell," Jesse heard her say and she swallowed the entire contents of the glass.

            "I'll take care of that," the guys said retrieving the glass from her hand. Jesse didn't like the look of the guy. He had a sick look across his face when he turned to walk away. Jesse swore he heard him say, 'works every time'. Jesse wanted to know what he meant by that. He followed the guy with his eyes. He wanted to follow him to understand the meaning of his words. He was afraid to leave her; she was the only reason that at this moment he felt alive. He was afraid that if he left she would be gone when he returned and he would not be able to find her again. He watched Amber and her friends as they laughed amongst one another. No doubt they were discussing the guy she just spoke to. Jesse made a mental note to figure out who he was eventually.

            Amber and her friends started dancing again. The curly headed male appeared by her again. The way he stared at Amber made Jesse want to snap his neck. In fact, he envisioned himself doing so. No one would notice it had happened. He could be over there and back in seconds. He changed his mind due to the fact that it couldn't give him a good first impression on her. Jesse watched the red head move and dance with Amber. He was surprised to see that she allowed him to dance with her. She allowed his hand to touch and caress her. Jesse became angry at the sight he turned his back away from them.

            He walked out of the living room making sure not to look there way. He tried to pin his anger all on the man, but couldn't'. The truth was he was mad at himself. That should've been him with her. Who knew, maybe she wouldn't recognize him after all this time. He opened the door nearest to him on the right and stepped inside. He was relieved to find a bathroom. He went right over to the sink and turned on the faucet. The water spurted out quickly. Jesse cuffed his hands under the water and splashed it onto his face. He needed to calm down tonight.

            In the two years she was gone nothing eventful happened to him. Now, she was back and already he'd contemplated killing two people.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
>.>. . . . .

Posted 11 Years Ago


K.G

11 Years Ago

. . . .im srry my computer is being stupid. . .will therre b more?
Missy

11 Years Ago

Yes, I am busy typing. I will post the next one tomorrow.
K.G

11 Years Ago

.> i kinda was just reading and reading and forgotten about the comment and rate hhahaha
I'm apologize. I just noticed that I have errors on this page.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012
Tags: teen, romance, love, college, fantasy, vampires


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy