Life changes in the blink of an eye

Life changes in the blink of an eye

A Chapter by Missy
"

End of Ch.1......Amber's POV on Jesse and her families demise

"

“My intention is and remains saving you.” He responded back while looking away from her. It pained him to see tears fall from her eyes while fear clouded her sight.

            “Wha..,” she said and he knew what she was about to say, but he had to clamp his hand over her mouth or they would hear.

            The vampire’s were out of the woods now. He could see his entire family in vampire form along with a few others. They were beginning to enter the house. One of his father’s bodyguards kicked open the back door and Jesse couldn’t help, but wince for her.

            “They are coming, I’m sorry,” he said, to Amber. Then the screams began and she started screaming herself. Her arms and legs struggled beneath him, she needed to be quiet or they’d hear. The screams continued for a moment more before dying out most likely due to a degree of terrorization of the family. Amber still struggled and whimpered under him as he tried to keep pressure on her without crushing her. It was too late though someone had heard something; a vampire came outside and looked around. Jesse knew he had seconds before he would locate Amber and inform the others.

            “I’m sorry,” he said to her while letting go of her arms to grab a branch. His hand was over her mouth and he bent in so close that she stopped focusing on anything, but him. Then he hit her hard enough to knock her out for a few hours at least. She'd be out for just enough time for him to make the other vampire go away. The vampire appeared quickly, but Jesse was quicker. He got in front of the vampire and knocked him backward. The vampire in his outfit looked more like he would be attending a heavy metal concert than a massacre. Jesse recognized him immediately as Joe. Joe was one of the vampires who tried to fit in with the human crowd that is until it was dinnertime. Joe jumped up after being knocked down, ready to take out his culprit. He released his fangs ready to charge until he noticed his culprit was Jesse.

            Joe abruptly stopped charging unsure of what to make of the situation. “Jesse Alaric.”

            “Joe,” Jesse said in a light hearted remark. “I thought I heard someone out here.”

            “I thought I did too. I was going after them then you knocked me down. It must’ve been you I heard.”

            “Yea, I thought you were them.” Jesse said with an attitude. He wasn’t in the mood to converse. He just wanted the vampire to go away. “If I see anyone I’ll let them know.” He said getting in front of Joe’s way as he looked around. The vampire got the message he was being kicked out and went back into the house quickly. Jesse knew it was only a moment before the vampire would notify the others. He went over to Amber who looked more like she was sleeping than unconscious and picked her up into his arms and fled far from the cabin.

            Jesse wasn’t sure of what he was doing he didn’t have a plan. All he knew was she was safe now and he’d keep her that way. He traveled away from the city to her hometown of Jackson, Michigan. He traveled down the streets so he’d be able to locate her home. It took him awhile as he hadn’t been there since last year. He had to force himself away so he wouldn’t become so obsessed with knowing her every thought or move. He wanted to know her more than anyone he’d ever wanted to know in his previous human life. She was the kind of girl he could only dream of marrying even thought in his former life it would have been unheard.

            As he looked down at her he couldn’t help, but wish everything were different if he were different. She changed his very core of being and yet he never even officially met her. He finally found her house on E. High Street. It was a simple two story building with one and a half baths. As usual he was able to come in through an upstairs window in the hallway. He found her room because he’d been there before a few times going through her things. He tried not to look at the photo frames on the walls in the hall as he went to her room. It killed him to know that she’d wake up to see these photos after knowing that something terrible happened last night.

            The room was divided like the cabin. She and Ashley were truly identical twins with no other similarities. He laid Amber gently down in her own bed as he sat on the edge. He thought about putting covers over her, but it was an unusually hot night. She looked peaceful lying there, too peaceful. He started panicking that he’d really hurt her so he decided to stay there with her until she opened her eyes. She did open her eyes early the next morning. She thought she was alone in her bedroom, but he was there. Jesse was just so quick in moving that by the time she blinked he had fled, vowing to never seek her out.

 

            I had just woken up from falling asleep after hearing Ashley died. I could feel my damp pillow on the left side of my cheek. I sat up in bed and realized that one of my parents pulled covers over me. I was happy that they could still stand the sight of me. I was still afraid to step outside of my door. I didn’t want to hurt them with my presence. I waited in my room quietly leaning against the bed frame waiting for everyone to go to bed. I hoped I didn’t have to wait long since I was starving, but I’d wait for as long as I had to.

            Finally, after I waited an hour after hearing no sounds, but my own breathing I got up from the bed. I quietly stepped over the floor towards the door. It took me a full minute to twist the knob because I didn’t want to wake anyone. Once in the hall I tip toed and stopped every few seconds that the floor boards echoed my steps. Normally from the hall down the stairs is a few second walk however I took a record ten minutes to get there. I was happy when I reached the kitchen though. I rushed and opened up the fridge. I scanned the shelves and all I felt like eating was lunch meat. I grabbed the package, shut the fridge and reached around to set the package on the shelf. I turned around to grab the loaf of bread on the shelf and that’s when I saw him standing there. He was very handsome with his silky black hair and sparkling brown eyes. He was a medium build and a little taller than I was. I was too shocked to scream. Then I remembered that this was the man who had tried to kill me, he probably killed Ashley, and now he wants me dead too. I had to think fast if I wanted to survive. I was too panicked and grabbed the first thing I saw, the coffee pot, and went to hit him with it. He moved too fast, way too fast, and he caught the coffee pot seconds after it left my hand. I tried to scream as his hand went over my mouth. My vision blurred for a moment then it came back. All I saw were the tree surrounding me. I was way too confused over what had just happened, but I didn’t care I wanted to live. He pinned me to the ground.

            “Please don’t kill me,” I begged as I started crying. He only looked down at me for a moment then glanced up looking around.

            “My intention is and remains saving you.”

            “Wha…,” I tried to say, but his hand clamped over my mouth.

            “They are coming, I’m sorry.”

            I didn’t understand what he meant by his words until I heard my parents screams and Max’s call for them. I tried to scream and fight even more, but he had me pinned pretty well. I didn’t give up hope and continued to fight even as their screams became quieter.

            “I’m sorry,” he said again and everything went blank.



© 2012 Missy


Author's Note

Missy
Stay tuned....Chapter two-two years later, coming soon

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 29, 2012
Tags: vampire, family, death, unconscious, love


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy