Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight

   I hop in the car and my mom turns the key. The engine doesn't start. She tries again. Nothing.

   "Be right back," I say lightly sitting my clarinet down on the dashboard of her beat up Chevy truck.

   I walk into Jay's office. He's second in charge in the bandroom. "Hey, Jay? My mom's car won't start... Can I have some help?" I ask.

   He nods. "Oh, oh! Yeah, sure!" he says repositioning his sunglasses. "Kaitlin! We need your jumper cable!" Jay yells and right after Kaitlin appears with the jumper.

   As we walk to the car Kaitlin blabbers about how she got her jumper cable for Christmas last year and that she's used it three times since. When we got there, though, she finally stops.

   She hooks the cables to my mom's car, then to hers and after ten minutes of waiting, my mom's car has enough battery to make it home.

   When I get in I throw my clarinet and music in the very back of the car as I turn up the radio. Problem by Arianna Grande had just started playing.

              "Baby, even though you hate me

                           I wanna love ya,

                                                              I want you-oo-oo!

                                                 And even though I can't foget you

                                                                I really want to,

                                                               I want to-oo-oo!"

 

   I sang like I played my instrument. Which was really good. My mom's car comes to an abrupt stop and the engine shuts down. She tries to turn it back on, but to no avail.

   "Mom, you need to get out and push it." I state climbing to the back of the car. She hops out and walks to the rear.

   "Hey!" she shouts, "STOP!" She screams.

   I look up, there's a car. A man with one eye holds a bottle of moonshine in the vehicle. He drove a white suburban and he seemed to be only fifty feet away.

    I'm gonna die! I think when I realize the man shows no intention of stopping.  Stay calm.. Stay calm...  I assure myself taking deep breaths. I was told what to do in cases like this. I turn around so that glass wouldn't get in my eyes or on my face. With my arms tucked safely under me the only things that could get cut are my thighs, back, and.... Head!

   Before I can cover my head the car slams into the back of our car and I can feel the two vehicles flying down the street.

   I feel shards of glass on my back and a thunderous crash to the back of my head.  I cry out in pain and close my eyes. I open them again and all I see is darkness. This must be what death feels like... I think screaming yet again.

   I feel the warm, sticky blood trickle down my back, neck and face. Before I know it, I'm in a deep slumber.



© 2015 Dusk Twilight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015


Author

Dusk Twilight
Dusk Twilight

Kansas City, MO



About
Hello there. Somehow you are here, looking at my profile. I have no idea why... Anyway, welcome! I'm Dusk Twilight but call me Dusk. I'm a person who lives in their imagination and slowly gets deeper.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight