Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight

   I hear taps on the window. My eyes flutter open and I rush to it.

   "Who is it?" I ask quietly, not wanting to bring attention to my room.

   "Me!" Harmony yells from outside. I'd recognize her voice anywhere. I smile and open the window. She falls in and slams clumsily on the floor. "Oof!"

    "Mel? Are you okay?" I hear my mom from downstairs.

   Like you would care. I bite my tongue to stop me from saying that. Instead I yell back, "Yeah! Sorry! Tripped on something going to the bathroom!"

   She doesn't reply. "So, why are you knocking on my window, anyhow?" I ask.

   "Well, I was eavesdropping on your conversation with your mum and I know how I can help you." She says delight filling her voice.

    "Spill it."

   She whispers to me and I whisper back. Eventually we've worked out a plan. She slips out the window and I close it behind her. Soon, I hear the doorbell ring and my mom's footsteps hurriedly race to it.

   "Why, hello Harmony!" I hear my mom say as she opens the door.

   "Hi, Mrs. Goldman." Harm replies in her best business tone. "I'm here regarding your daughter and the band."

   My mom laughs, "What on Earth are you talking about?" She snorts out. Obviously, she was finding Harm's brilliant plan quite humorous.

   I crinkle my nose and continue listening in.

   "Well, as I think the entire neighborhood has heard, you won't allow Melody to march in the band. Is that correct?"

   "Yes."

   "Why?"

   "It's extremely dangerous. She could trip and swallow her instrument. She's dead. She could run into someone causing them to swallow their instruments. They're dead. She could case you all to lose at competitions. She's in trouble. She could get trampled. She's hurt. Need I say more?" My mom rambles.

   "Mrs. Goldman, it is extremely unlikely for anyone to swallow an instrument! I mean it's happened a few times, but never in our band. As far as losing competitions, she'd be doing her best and at the rate she's practicing at, it's nearly impossible for us to lose, her marching is nearly perfect! And, I can assure you, she won't get trampled. The entire band knows that she's blind and will not run her over. Please, Mrs. Goldman, I'm begging you." Harmony reasons.

   There is no sound downstairs for a while. I hear my mom pop her mouth and then she says, "I'll think about it. Now get out!" She teases.

   Harmony laughs and I hear the door slam.



© 2015 Dusk Twilight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015


Author

Dusk Twilight
Dusk Twilight

Kansas City, MO



About
Hello there. Somehow you are here, looking at my profile. I have no idea why... Anyway, welcome! I'm Dusk Twilight but call me Dusk. I'm a person who lives in their imagination and slowly gets deeper.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight