Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight

   We were told to sit near our section on the bus so I sat on the bus seat across from Jordan. I sat beside Wesley and Elizabeth was behind me. Kailey and Lexi shared the seat in front of me.

   "Are you excited?" Jacob asks me.

   "More nervous than excited," I say smirking. Last year I was just in the concert band. I had never dreamed of being in marching band. This was just the ride there, I shouldn't be nervous yet.

   "Everyone's nervous there first competition; don't worry." Jacob reassures me.

   I nod and search for Harmony. Her section leader, Taylor, had sat in the back of the bus. She was way behind me sitting in the seat with Taylor. I felt kind of bad for Harmony. My guilt didn't last long though because Jay Wes started talking.

   "Cripple, you sit down," Jay Wes joked at Lexi. Lexi had sprained her knee at the beginning of band season and was getting it off in four days. She had stood up to get better phone reception.

   I laugh.

   "What're you laughing at, newbie?" He asks me.

   "Oh, nothing..." I say casually looking over his head out the window.

   "Whatever," he says and keeps talking with Lexi and Kailey. When we arrive there Sheldon, the tuba player, stands up and yells, "Today we will march, play, and run," he says and emphasizes after every comma, "but just remember no matter what, they may take our freedom, but they may not take our swag!"

   The band erupts in giggles and laughs. Mrs. Jerik yells, "Sit down!" Then she stands up and yells the reply-commands. "Chin!"

   "Up!" The band replies.

   "Elbows!"

   "Frozen!"

   "Seniors?" Mrs. Jerik asks letting the seniors in the band know that they got to yell there stuff.

   "What are we gonna do?!"

   "Whatever it takes!" The band replies louder than ever. Our sound was echoing off the walls.

   "What do we want?"

   "Number one!" With every word the band got louder. The adrenaline was rising slowly into everyone.

   "What are we gonna get?!"

   "Number one!" The adrenaline had gotten to everyone and the band cried out as if they were one extremely loud person.

   "Who are you?"

   "Benhide Band of Orange!" This question blew the band away. We all screamed at the top of our lungs. Mrs. Jerik held her ears.

   "Okay, everyone out," she teases, "before you bust a window!"

   We laugh, but leave the bus.



© 2015 Dusk Twilight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015


Author

Dusk Twilight
Dusk Twilight

Kansas City, MO



About
Hello there. Somehow you are here, looking at my profile. I have no idea why... Anyway, welcome! I'm Dusk Twilight but call me Dusk. I'm a person who lives in their imagination and slowly gets deeper.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dusk Twilight