This world is a lie

This world is a lie

A Poem by Mk.t.g

This world is a lie
And I am living a lie
I dont want to be here
But somehow
Gravity pulls me here

I just want to leave
But somehow
I am pulled back here
Back in the place
Where I started

© 2022 Mk.t.g


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

MK.t.g

What a fabulously astute and accurate summation of the state of our world, our society, our nation ... But it is what it is, and yet, why is it that we cannot change it? And I ask this question philosophically, but dead to rights of ever so seriously. How do all the lies, permeating our existence upon tis planet we call Earth, come to be fabricated, designated originated, and circulated as truth by what I term as the Sheeple-People Cattle masses of average Janes & Joes? It's magic? ... No! ... But is is slight of hand, slight of mind, slight of mentally conditioning & programming Human mind, thus, rendered perception's discernment blind: A conspiratorial alliance of trilateral cooperative deception as a mind blinding's (not magic but bullshit repeated ever liturgically for effect of outcome) only true Trinity in existence upon this planet to date: Taxes (Governments), Tithes (Organized Religion) & Lies (Media as Headline News, Social Media, etc., etc.) ... And, fact is, if one lives in a cesspool of a world, then, one does smell that the s**t, however, the smell is numbed into belief of acceptance of all the s**t as bullshit by the very s**t we live in and are a part of ... Is there no hope? ... Sure there is: learn the art of Free Thinking, become a Free Thinker ... Needless to say, I enjoyed this piece of you awakened mind set to pen of page, and found it most invigorating and inspiring, to babbling that is of a certainty ...

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 9 Months Ago


Mk.t.g

9 Months Ago

Thanku for such a constructive review, Marvin. I am glad you enjoyed it!
Mk.t.g
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

9 Months Ago

You are much more than welcome ...
I read your poem "This world is a lie" and was struck by its emotional intensity and raw honesty. Your use of repetition and imagery created a sense of tension and urgency, and I appreciated the way you explored themes of existential angst and alienation. The ending was thought-provoking and haunting. Thank you for sharing your work with the world.


Posted 10 Months Ago


Mk.t.g

10 Months Ago

Thanks for such a constructive review! I'm happy you enjoyed it.
Mk.t.g
So true, Mk! And sometimes it is a welcome lie...

Posted 1 Year Ago


Mk.t.g

1 Year Ago

Indeed! Thanks for reading
Mk.t.g
Can relate but cant escape

Posted 1 Year Ago


Mk.t.g

1 Year Ago

Indeed! U r still stuck here
Agreed throughout but couldn't be as pithy as you.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mk.t.g

1 Year Ago

Thanks for reading, Ken!
I often feel the same way, nice poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Everyone feels this way at some moment of life but this is the thing we call Experience. And the life goes on with some tickle tackle which make it more adventurous. Mk.t.g I really loved the poem by the fact it has simple yet deep message. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Mk.t.g

1 Year Ago

Thanks for reviewing, Jenny!
I have felt that way before. I have to ask myself where I would rather be and why. Short and to the point easily understood.

Posted 1 Year Ago


The world certainly is a troubled place. While we are here we just have to make the most of it. We weren’t promised a bed of roses and there are always others whose pathway is far more difficult.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Agreed. This world is not my home either. Just a temporary stay till I’m home.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Mk.t.g

1 Year Ago

Indeed! Thanks for your comment, Susan!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2022
Last Updated on December 28, 2022

Author

Mk.t.g
Mk.t.g

About
"Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, you realize you're standing on another trapdoor." more..

Writing
Holding Onto Holding Onto

A Poem by Mk.t.g


Amygdala Amygdala

A Poem by Mk.t.g



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..