What is love??

What is love??

A Poem by MandaBear
"

just alittle something i thought of

"

 

Love means different things to different people.

This is what love is....

 

"Love is an incredibly powerful word. When you're in love, you always want to be together, and when you're not, you're thinking about being together because you need that person and without them your life is incomplete."

 

Love is when you think about them everyday and hope they are thinking about you.

You care so much for the person you do anything to keep them happy.

 

Its your first thought when you wake up and the last thought before you go to sleep.

They give you something just because. You make them stuff for no other reason then you love them.

 

Even if you are a million miles apart or just down the street your love never dies.

Bound by the shackles of love and you dont mind staying tied up.

 

Thats love... If you have it dont let go.

 

© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's fantastic! Love is a powerful force that can't be described. It is the only thing that makes you weak and strong, at the same time. Love creates miracles.

Love is indeed much much MUCH powerful than hate. Hate sucks anyway! It is not fun!

Posted 13 Years Ago


My favorite line in this poem is, "bound by the shackles of love and you don't mind staying tied up" I feel good after reading this poem, especially after all my poetry that's generally depressing. I noticed that you're lines are rather long. Sometimes a poem's effect can be extended by using more line breaks. Line breaks in stragetic places can really add an emphasis to what you are trying to say. That wasn't a critique, that was a suggestion. Poetry is what you make it, so don't take that to heart if you don't want to, but I think that you should try it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like the metaphor of the shackles and not minding to be tied up!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


you poured your perceptions of love in a very gentle manner into this poetic~ the sincerity is powerful and pure~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good job Amanda. A very inspiring poem about love. It's very uplifting. I have a small suggestion for you. A few words are repeated a couple of times in the poem. My suggestion is look in thesaurus for replacement words that could be substituted. Everything else looks good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome job Amanda.......I really like this one because it leaves you feeling warm all over.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: love, heart, what is love?, poem, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..