Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mitji

As I closed the door behind me, I leaned against the door letting myslef slide to the floor. Jasper was the highlight of my life, not to mention the "man of my dreams." I put my face in my hands and gasped for breath, spending time with Jasper always left me breathless. I thought about the kisses from his soft smooth lips. I thought about how our lips had never met. He never kissed me on the lips. Why is that, I wondered. He always left me loving him more than the night before. His kisses on the cheek or on the forehead left me breathless. I always respected his space and forced myslef not to kiss his lips that I wanted desperatley to.

"Where did you two dissapear to?" Rachel demanded, startling me out of my thoughts. "Kate and I looked everywhere for you, it was if you vanished into thin air." Which wasn't to far from the truth. I had completely forgotten about Rachel, my roomate and best friend, and Kate, Rachels boyfriends sister, whom we left back at the park.

"Umm....We went to get ice cream," I lied.

"After we just gorged ourselves on junk food at the movies?" I had forgotten about the movie to.

"You know how much I love ice cream," which was not a lie.

Rachel laughed as she said "True, I forgive you but I'm not sure if Kate wll. You know how she has such a crush on Jasper,"I had forgotten about that too. It was hard to focus or remember anything with Jasper always around and always in my thoughts. "Poor girl, her first love. I remember what it was like to be 15 and in love," she continued.

I laughed, "Of course you do, your still in love with Kasey!"

"True, Kasey is my love and always will be, just as Jaspers your love," she eyed me curiously. "How long have you known Jasper again?" I blushed, "two months," i then yawned, "I have to get to bed now, it's been a long day!" The truth was I didn't like thinking about how long I knew Jay for, it reminded me of my life before, two months ago, which seemed like an eternity ago. Things were so differnet now. I had started college, where I met Jay and my life changed forever.

Rachel took the hint and turned and went to her room, leaving me to wallow in my memories. My life had just been a complete mess, two months earlier. I never knew what I was going to do, i just went to college to please my mother. Then i met Jasper, who showed me what life really was and turned me around. I was now two months, out of many, into becoming a doctor. Jasper, on the other hand, was two years into becoming a phsychatrist.

The first day at college I was totalyy lost. I couldn't find anything. I was always in the wrong spot at the wrong time. The bell rang and students came rushing from every which way and I was caught in the middle of it and was knocked to the ground. One thing I will always be grateful for  was who I was knocked into, I was sent straight into this beautiful young man, with the most beautiful eyes. He was not by any means the hottest kid on campus or the most popular, but he was definitley the most sought after. This was on account of being the mysterious young man that no one knew anything about. And every girl wants a little mystery in there life, especially if he is good looking. I looked up ready to make an apology but the moment  I gazed into his eyes all good sense and thought was lost into those deep daring eyes. He grabbed my arm and gingerly lifted me to my feet. I felt weightles as he pulled me up, he showed no strain or effort as he helped me.

"Are you alright?" he asked sounding honestly concerned. I remember not what I said, but what I did. I wrapped my arms around his neck and broke out in a sob. He tensed with his muscular arms at his side. He awkwardly put his arms around me, seeking to comfort me. His skin was warm, soft and yet tense. He then sccoped me up, one arm bracing my back and the other arm holding my legs. I was still sobbing uncontrolably, although I did not understand why. I was faintly aware that the hallway of students was parting for this beautiful eyed boy and a retched looking girl in his arms. The next thing I remember is being placed in an oversized comfy chair in the abandoned campus lounge and being givin a hot cup of tea. Raspberry tea, my favorite. It was if he knew.

"I'm Jasper, by the way," the young man with the beautiful eyes said smiling.

"I'm Jasmine," I mumbled in a sour mood.

"Jasmine, I like that name," he said more to himself then to me.

I started to get up, "sorry for causing you so much trouble, thanks for the tea."

"Wait, what are you doing?" he started.

"I'm getting off campus, going home," I replied shortly.

"You haven't even finished your tea, and I'm only just getting you to talk," he said ignoring my rudeness.

I poured the last few sips of tea down my throat, "There!" I said firmly, "goodbye!" I left him staring after me. It wasn't my fault I was in a foul mood! And what was the point of talking to this mysterious intrigueing stranger if I'm never going to see him again! I tried convincing myself.

I was immersed in my thoughts as I was walking to my car. Who cares about the fist day? I'll start anew tomorrow, I thought. As I turned the corner there, in the doorway to the parking lot, stood Jasper grinning at me.

"Haven't you seen enough of me already?" I joked, suddenly in a cheery mood. I, Jasmine Kane, joked with a complete stranger, I never joked, ever. He laughed and made me smile. I was never one to smile easily, that is until I met Jasper. Who was this stranger that carried me half a mile to the lounge and bought me my favorite tea? I wasn't about to leave him again until I had some answers. My mood quickly changing from one moment to the other.

"Why did you carry me all the way to the lounge?" I demanded.

"Well, what else was i supposed to do with a sobbing girl in my arms, I couldn't very well drop and leave you in the middle of the hallway to get trampled on, now could I?" he responded in a laidback tone with a smile not on lips, but...but in his shining eyes. I should have expected that response.

"You're right, I apologize, I wasn't thinking. And sorry for throwing myself in your arms," I said sorrowfully.

"Oh, don't mention it, it happens all the time," this time he grinned from ear to ear.

I laughed, "oh really? Well have any of these other girls, who have thrown themsleves at you sobbing, invited you to lunch?" I said hardly believing the words coming out of my own mouth. I was inviting a strange young man I didnt't even know to lunch.

"Plenty of them, but that doesn't mean i have accepted them," his smile growing bigger, flashing his white teeth at me.

"How about now?" I asked grinning stupidly.

"Are you inviting me to lunch?" he asked using the pretend schock factor.

"It's not every day I offer, so you better accept now or I might go fling myslef at someone else!" I said still joking.

"Is that your game? Well go right ahead and do that, but I doubt you'd find anybody as agreeable as me or who would carry you taht for just for lunch."

"Does this mean you are accepting my offer?" I eyed him curiously.

"Well, of course it does," he replied. After we finished our friendly banter and decided on Bert's Burritos, I got in my car and checked the mirror to see how I looked. I gasped. My usual plain face was blotchy from crying, my eyes were bloodshot, and my black hair, which was usually my best feature, was going every which way with knots throughout it. How could he bear to look at me? I wondered. I rubbed my eyes trying to see the blue in the midst of red. Thankfully, I had some drops with me and also a brush for my hair. Within a few seconds I looked pretty normal, especially for what I had just gone through.

Ten minutes later I arrived at Bert's Burritos. I stepped into the little burrito shop and sitting in the booth in the back was none other than Jasper, of course.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked puzzled.

"Oh, I'm just fast," he smiled.

"What car is yours?"

"My friend dropped me off," he answered rather quickly.

"How do expect to get home?" I asked with a slight smile.

"I'm sure I could find someone willing to take me home," he smiled slyly.

"Well if not you can always call a taxi!" I said as I sat down in the seat across from him.

That was the day I decide, no I knew, I wanted and needed Jasper. I wanted him more than anything I had ever wanted. It felt like in the few short hours we spent together that day, that I knew him and I knew I wanted him. I am positive he felt the same. Why? Because after all I had done, crying and wrapping my arms around this complete stranger, after how horrible I looked, he still wanted to spend time with me. That had to mean something, and it did.

When, at 3:00, we finally walked out of Bert's Burritos he took my hand and said, "I don't know what would posses me to do this after just meeting you, but I feel like I can trust you and I feel like deep inside that this is a good thing!" Well, I didn't know what to say, since I didn't know what he was about to do and even if I had known I would have been all the more silent. He looked straight into my eyes and scooped me up, I didn't protest, how could I with those dark green eyes staring trustingly at me. I trusted him. I was waiting to see what he was planning to do next when he broke my gaze and looked downward. As I looked down, I saw Bert's Burrito's the size of an ant. I gasped and clutched tighter to my captor. I finally looked back at him, into his eyes.  He was looking at me expectantly, contemplating what he should do or say next. What he did next surprised me more than the levitating, he leaned down and gently kissed my forehead. I was in shock, I couldn't have said anything even if I wanted to.  He looked up to the sky and then back to me, I nodded my head as he took me higher. Why was I letting him do this? For the same reason he was doing it, because we trusted eachother and knew we were going to be together forever. The first question that came into my head followed instantaneously by many others had nothing to do what he was or what he was doing it was simple enough:

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Twenty, and you?"

"18. What's your last name?" I continued.

"Mills. Yours?"

"Kane..." and we continued on like this for hours until we came to the bigger confusing questions.

"What are you?" I asked quietly.

"I honestly don't know," he answered staring into my eyes.

"How can you not know?" I asked incredulously.

" I was 16 when things started to happen, I could lift over one thousand pounds without straining a muscle, I could fly, I could fly very fast and the rest I am still learning about myself! Nothing unusual happened to me that would create and explanation. One thing I do know is that I am no superhero! I help where I can, but there is never anywhere really where I can help. I still can't run very fast and there are other powers I would need to enable myslef to be a savior and frankly I don't want to be a superhero. I am fine with who I am. I don't want to bring undue attention to myself. I prefer to live a quiet life with my friends and family," I listened intently to all of this trying to absorb all the information I was given. It was quite overwhelming.

"That's enough for today," I remember saying as he brought me back to my car being careful that no one was around to notice. I wrapped my arms around his neck, the second time of that day as he wrapped his arms around my waist. After I finally pulled myself away, I could feel th elove in his eyes and in his touch.

"See you tomorrow?" I asked.

"And the day after that and the day after that!" he replied as he leaned in to kiss my cheek. It was 10 p.m.

The next day we arrived at school hand in hand. We didn't mind the stares we got from those lucky enough to catch our little show the day before. We were happy for the feelings we shared for one another, although it was another week before we professed our love to eachother.

"I thought you were going to bed," Rachel said suddenly tearing me from my thoughts and making myself aware that I was still on the floor with my back to the door. Rachel was getting a piece of cake, that I had made the other day for for dessert when Jasper came to supper, out of the fridge.

"I must have fallen asleep," I reasoned. Well I had, if falling asleep in memories, dreaming about the first time I met Jasper counted. I got to my feet and was well on my way to getting to my loving bed,

"Jasmine?" Rachel called.

I turned around, "Yes?" I replied.

"Do you ever feel like something isn'g going right in your relationship?" She asked.

I was shocked, "Are you and Kase having a fight?" I asked.

"No," she choose her next words carefully, " but...I feel like he is keeping something from me. Do you ever feel that?"

"No, I can't say I have but Kase loves you, if ther is something he is keeping from you it is for good reason and will comeout eventually. He loves you too much to keep something from you!" I said trying to comfort her.

"Thanks," she said unconvincingly.

"Hey, anytime you need to talk things through, I'm here," I walked to my room dropped onto my bed and fell asleep with all my clothes on.



© 2008 Mitji


Author's Note

Mitji
Could you tell me if I talk about eyes too much, please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmmm...you don't talk about eyes tooo much...not from what I saw.
What I liked was the real abnormality of their relationship. That's so cool! You start out thinking 'eh, is this just another love story?' and you bring in the mystery soon enough to keep the reader...um, reading.
You do, however, talk too much about Jasper, I think. I mean, I get it, she loves him, she's crazy about him, he's cool and all but you are a bit redundant with that. Showing this or just taking it away I think would be better.
Also, you used the word 'breathless' twice in one paragraph at the beginning, and more times in the first chapter. Yes, I know the name of the book is 'Breathless', but still it's not the best writing strategy.
I like it, though! It makes me want to read more--and being able to do that is a skill a lot of people do not have.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is really good! I enjoy the descriptive details. And it kind of remind me of Twilight, but with different scenerios

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great, great! i love it keep on writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm...you don't talk about eyes tooo much...not from what I saw.
What I liked was the real abnormality of their relationship. That's so cool! You start out thinking 'eh, is this just another love story?' and you bring in the mystery soon enough to keep the reader...um, reading.
You do, however, talk too much about Jasper, I think. I mean, I get it, she loves him, she's crazy about him, he's cool and all but you are a bit redundant with that. Showing this or just taking it away I think would be better.
Also, you used the word 'breathless' twice in one paragraph at the beginning, and more times in the first chapter. Yes, I know the name of the book is 'Breathless', but still it's not the best writing strategy.
I like it, though! It makes me want to read more--and being able to do that is a skill a lot of people do not have.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You kind of do a little bit, but if you like it then I don't think it's a huge deal. This is good so far, keep on typing! Btw where has Caspian been this evening? And you know what I am talking about!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

keep typing woman!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great addition to the first chapter, look forward to reading more.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey, I like what you added, but I know you have more! keep typing!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMAZING AUTUMN I WANT MORE MORE MORE! (ooh that sounds wrong but you know what I mean :) )

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I failed to mention this in my review of the first chapter, but if you're really 15 and you're writing this, then that definitely gives you promise as a great writer. Keep up the writing!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Keep writing aud!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2008
Last Updated on December 31, 2008
Previous Versions


Author

Mitji
Mitji

New Gloucester, ME



About
I love to read and write, and i love music! I love to read, in fact I am addicted to it, my mother has gotten mad at me saying i read too much. I wish I lived in Australia. I want to be a journalist, .. more..

Writing
Finally! Finally!

A Poem by Mitji


Savior Savior

A Poem by Mitji



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Christine T