Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Christine T

 

The next morning when I was dressed and ready for school, I headed downstairs and saw a note from my mom.

 

Heidi, Brian explained everything, that’s nice of him to stay so late to help you with your work. See you early tonight; I have a surprise for you. Love you-mom

 

“Awe mom, I love you to, only if you know what really happened.” The door bell rang and when I opened it, Brian was standing there with his stuff, “You ready?” “Yeah” I grabbed my book bag by the door and we headed to school. “So you told my mom, you helped me with school work? Why didn’t you tell her the truth?”I asked curiously. “Like she would have believed me? “Yeah, that’s’ true.” When we got to the school, we walked to homeroom together right away. On the way there, we ran into Natalie. “Heidi, you so need to call me so we can talk. You know about that thing.”She then smiled and walked away. “You know she never lets me respond to what she says. It really gets annoying.”

 

“Natalie is pretty weird, I mean she is nice and all but there is something about her and Dylan.”

 

“Well, I think Connor is weird. Do you think the three of them have something going on?”

 

“I don’t know maybe.”

 

When we got to homeroom, Mr. Geret took attendance and we all waited for the bell to ring. English was pretty much the same, along with Math and History. Once it was time for lunch, I sat with all my new friends and Brian. It was pretty entertaining; I heard some stories about each person at the table. The best thing about the day so far was that there was no sign of Günter. “Hey, does anyone know what happened to Günter?” The table fell silent until a brave one spoke, or the person who knew. It was Brian’s, friend Sam who answered my question. “Well every so often he disappears for a couple of weeks. It’s pretty weird.” After that questioned was answered we all started to laugh and talk about other things. Once lunch was over with, it was time for chemistry. The whole time, was spent getting books and new study papers. “Alright class, you can spend the rest of your time organizing your stuff. Tomorrow we will get started with the lessons”, Mrs. Brooks said from the front of the class.

 

The rest of the day was the same, getting books, and worksheets to begin lessons. Once the last bell rang Brian and I began to walk to our spot. On the way there, there was no sign of Günter and this made me feel safe. We saw multiple people from walking home, laughing and talking about gossip.

“So, how do you feel?” He asked me while watching the people talk across the street.

 

“I feel a lot safer knowing Günter isn’t around. A free feeling, I don’t have to be alert anymore.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Yeah, well, I’m not looking forward to him coming back.” At this point we were at my house, “Well, do you want to talk?” he asked me. “No, not really, I have a lot I need to get done. I’m sorry.” He then leaned in to give me a kiss. I lightly but my hands on his chest and pushed him with little force. “No…Brian, I’m sorry. I just, have a lot to think about. I’m not ready yet.” Before I could apologize, he had already left my porch and started to walk home.

 

When I went inside, Sally greeted me at the door along with Leo waggling his way over. I picked Leo up with one hand and patted sally on the head. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a Snapple. I sat at the bar and read over some of the papers I had received from the school, making sure I was up to date with all their rules. At around 5:00 my mom came home, which was pretty early for her to be home. She came through the front door with a smile on her face and a man tagging along behind her. “Hello, Heidi. This is Pete, Pete this is my lovely daughter Heidi.” Wow we weren’t even living here for a full month yet, and my mom already found someone. “Hi, Pete.” I said nicely, he seemed like a very pleasant guy. “Hello Heidi. I have heard so many wonderful things about you.”He said in a swift gentle voice. “Well, I wish I could say the same about you. My mom never mentioned you before, but she has been busy.” My mom then spoke with urgency in her voice. “I have a surprise for you, one of the main reason’s Pete is here now is that he helped me deliver it.” She motioned for me to come outside and I did, but before I passed the door way she covered my eyes and told me to close them tight. I did as she said and allowed her to guide me outside. “Okay Heidi. On the count of three I will uncover your eyes. 1-2-3.” She uncovered my eyes and I opened them. Before me I saw a black sleek, metallic Ford Mustang and it was the new one. On the roof it had a perfect read bow, the ones you saw on car commercial that took over half the car. “MOM! How did you buy this? I mean, wow, like I’m speechless.” “Well, my new job pays very well. Consider this an early birthday present.” As soon as she said this she handed me a black box. When I opened it, inside there was a set of keys and my Drivers License that I had misplaced. I lost it from not being able to drive and not needing to have it with me at all times. “Mom, I’m so grateful. Thank you so much.” I gave her a hug. “Well Heidi, Pete needs a ride home, and that car needs a test drive from its new driver.” “Alright, that’s enough said, everyone inside the car. I’m driving.”

 

We all piled into the car, when I sat in the driver’s seat, it felt so right.  I turned the ignition on and heard the wonderful purr of the engine. Everything inside lit up and the lights turned on. I put it into drive and began to leave the driveway slowly so I could get used to it. I always wanted to drive one; it was dreams come true. Pete pleasantly gave me turn by turn directions to his house and we all talked about interesting stuff. Pete was a really awesome guy, he reminded me of my dad in a way.

 

When we arrived at his house, He and my mother got out. My mom was in the back seat so she had to flip the seat up to get out. They talked for seconds and he kissed her on the cheek goodnight. When my mom got back in the car her face was lit up and she looked happy, the last time she looked that happy was when my dad was around. I drove away from Pete’s driveway and started to talk to my mom.

 

“So, are you guys dating?”

 

She froze up for a minute, with a thoughtful expression on her face. “Well, yeah, we are. It’s been a week now.”

 

“Mom, why didn’t you tell me? He seems really awesome. I like how he makes you smile.”

 

She looked at me with a surprised look on her face. “I was thinking about how I would tell you. You’re not mad?”

 

“Mom, even if I was it wouldn’t matter, which I’m not mad. I’m happy for you.”

 

“Thanks Heidi.”

 

The rest of the ride home consisted of quiet talk and giggles. When I pulled into the drive way, I saw that in my visor there was a button for a garage door. I pushed the button and one of the doors to the garage opened up slowly. “Thanks mom, for this wonderful gift. Thank you so much.”



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

woah! keep it up! amazing again

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was definitely an amazing story, kept me on the edge of my seat.Very nicely done.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOOOO!! AMAZING!!!!!!! YAY!! NOW I DONT HAVE TO KICK UR BUTT!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confrontation Confrontation

A Chapter by emily


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mitji