Chapter 5 Schmerz Update

Chapter 5 Schmerz Update

A Chapter by Christine T
"

In this chapter Heidi meets some new people, A new best friend with her boyfriend and once again Brian. They take a walk and Heidi learns more about the Schmerz.

"

 

I felt something pulling at my hair, when opened my eyes, Leo was gnawing on the strands of hair facing him. “Wow, what a wonderful thing to wake up to.” I got up and went into the bathroom with some clothing, and got a shower. I dried my hair then and put on my blues jeans that were ripped at the knees and my favorite shirt, with my Converse shoes. I then took Leo downstairs into a washing room and showed him everything, he went to his food first and then smelled his liter box. The first thing I noticed when I came back into the living room area was that most of the boxes were gone. I went to find my mom; she was in the kitchen finishing a box up that had dishes in it. “This is the last of it.” She said. “Wow, mom, when did you get up?” “Only around 5 o’clock, Sally wanted to go out.” She was about to say more but then the door bell rang. “I’ll get it this time”, I headed for the front door.

When I opened the door, there was a girl standing there, she was tall with dark brown hair, with a smile on her face telling me she was eager to meet me.  “Hi, my name is Natalie I was so glad to hear someone knew was coming to the neighborhood.”  “Well, uh, hello, I’m Heidi.” My mom then came walking over, with Sally following.  “Well, hello there, I’m Heidi’s mom, Carol” Natalie smiled and said hello.  “I wanted to know if I could take Heidi for a tour of the neighborhood.  “Of course, Heidi makes sure your home for dinner, going to order some pizza.”

“So, where are you from?” she asked while walking down the sidewalk. 

“I’m from Virginia; I’m a junior this year.”

“Oh really?  So am I, school starts soon.  The people here are pretty chill you’ll make a lot of friends.”

 “I hope so.”

“Hey Natalie!” I heard someone call from across the street.  The voice was so familiar, when I looked over was him.  “Hi Brian this is….” “Oh, I know who it is, that’s Heidi” he said with a smile. “Oh, good      you’ve met.” I said Hi shyly and all three of us began walking.  We met many people, they were all nice.  A guy named Dylan, Natalie’s boyfriend, decided to tag along with its.  He was really nice, odd, but nice.  Dylan was shorter than Brian; He had Black hair with hazel eyes and tanned skin.

We started heading into the woods and before we got in, I decided to ask about the house I saw.  “Hey who lives in the house back in the woods, I can see are for my window.” An awkward silence fell, Brian was the first to speak.  “It’s the Schmerz’s house.”   “Who are the Schmerz?”I asked, he coughed and cleared his throat, “well, Günter Schmerz, lives there with his parents.  They’re not what you call a normal family.” At this point I noticed we stopped walking and Natalie was being held by Dylan.  “Oh, well are they freaks are just weird.”     “Günter’s parents are related and he didn’t come out exactly right, if you know what I mean.” I let this filter through my head; it was like a bad horror movie.  “Oh, do they bother anyone?” Brian looked very uncomfortable with talking about it but answered me anyway.  “Their son goes to our school.  He is normal was talking and he is healthy….  Physically, but his appearance is strange O so strange, along with his mental state of mind.”

“Oh well that’s nice to know” I looked at the time on my phone and decided it was time to go home.  If “Hey, I’m going head back home, it was nice meeting you all today.” Before I left Natalie gave me her cell phone number and Dylan said he would see me again.  “Heidi, I’ll give you a call.  Brian, me and Dylan are going to continue walking are you going to come?” she asked.  He looked at me with a smile.  “Nah, I’ll walk Heidi home.” This gave me the butterflies.  We all said our goodbyes and Brian and I began our walk back.

On our way back we talked about the stuff we liked, surprisingly we had a lot in common, it was pretty cool. He always looked at me and kind of starred, I didn’t know why he was doing that. Every time he did it, butterflies were in my stomach, and I think I blushed. Once we reached my house he gave me what he called a welcome to the neighborhood hug, when we said our goodnights, I was just about to go inside when…..”Heidi.” I turned to Brian, he was pretty close. “Would you like to see a movie sometime at my house or hang out, so we can become better friends, we have a lot in common.” He asked.  “Is this like a secret way to asking me on a date?”  Whoa, did I just say that. Brian looked down, “Yeah, it is, but I guess it’s no longer a secret.” “I would love to do that sometime, thanks.” He then gave me his cell number and told me I could text him anytime. I gave him mine, telling him the same thing. We said our goodnights once again, only this time when he hugged me he didn’t withdraw right away, instead he stayed inches away from me. I could tell he wanted to do something but, he was holding back. “Well, I’ll see you later Brian.” He then backed away again and started down the stairs. “I’ll see you tomorrow, night.”

I walked inside to the smell of pizza; my thoughts were so scrambled right now I didn’t know what to say. He probably didn’t kiss me because it’s too soon for that, something inside me was glad he wasn’t a pusher.

“Hey mom, when did the pizza get here?”  “Just now, I figured you were on your way.” She replied.  “Wow, your psychic!”  We laughed at this and ate pizza together. Once we were done we cleaned up and watched a movie, my mom must have set up the DVD player while I was out. We ended up watching “Bringing Down The house” the movie was our favorite. Once it was over, I headed upstairs to bed. It was only 9 o’clock but, I was too tired to stay up any longer. Leo had followed me into my room, how his little body got up the stairs, I have no clue. I went into the bathroom, got changed and went to bed. While lying there with, Leo once again on the head of my pillow, I thought about everything that happened. The last thing I thought about was what Brian was saying about the Schmerz.



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeah, your story is gettting really good. i can't wait till she goes
to school=]

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


THATS AMAZING!! I wish he woulda kissed her but shes right. it is too early lol but this story is getting rly good!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

271 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing