Chapter 13 Dinner Time

Chapter 13 Dinner Time

A Chapter by Christine T

 

In my room, I was getting cleaned up and ready for dinner. Leo was lying on my bed watching me, he was getting bigger. Sally was downstairs where the food was being prepared. I was going through my clothing debating on what I should wear, thinking about all that happened. I almost jumped when I heard my phone ring; I haven’t heard it go off in a while. When I checked the ID it was Natalie. I clicked talk.

“Hello?” 

Hey Heidi, what’s up? How are you and Brian?” 

“Well, there’s nothing really going on between us. We like each other but I’m not ready for anything yet.”

Oh cool, so have you run into Connor lately?”

”No I haven’t. Where has he been?”

“I can’t tell you, if I did he would hurt me.”

“Why would he hurt you?”

“I know too much about him, if I tell anyone he would be furious. You can’t trust everyone. People lie to you. Be careful.”

“Uh huh, sure… I’ll be careful.”

“Awesome! I have to go now see you later.”

The line went dead. What was that all about? She is so weird. I got dressed and headed downstairs. He would hurt me… What’s that supposed to mean? I found my mom in the kitchen with Sally right by her waiting for the food from heaven. The clock on the stove said it was 6:17. “Hey mom, what’s cooking?”I asked her peeking over her shoulder. “It’s Chicken Parmesan with a side of Fettuccini Alfredo. We also have some dessert.” The door bell rang. Before I could make a reaction of it my mother had taken off her apron and was already at the door. From where I was in the kitchen I heard her say Pete. He was a really amazing guy for my mother, I was happy for her. When I peeked around the corner I saw my mother’s arms around his next, they were kissing. Ugh. Adults’ kissing was just weird. I sat down at the table and thought about the last words I heard Günter say. My mind was always taken away from what happened and I never got to think about it. It was like a nightmare, was it actually happening? I had to talk to Brian about it, and about him and me possibly being together. The first thing was dealing with Günter.

        Paul came into the kitchen area and gave me a polite smile. “Hello Heidi, how are you today?” I thought about all that happened and how scared I was and how if I told what happened neither he nor my mother would believe me. “I’m good. I’m ready for the weekend.” I replied with no hint that it was a lie. Well the first part anyway.

At 6:36 there was another ring at the door bell. “I’ll get it mom!”I screamed to her, before she got the chance to react to it. When I opened the door there were 3 people standing there looking at me. One I knew. The woman was somewhat short with wavy light brown hair and glasses. She had a beautiful face with green eyes. The man was rather taller and had spiked dirty blonde hair. He looked like he had some muscle to him and he had deep blue eyes just like Brian. “Hello Mr. and Mrs. Kelts, please come right in.”  My mom and Pete came over and introduced themselves. “My name is Don and this is my wife Mary.” They all shook hands, including me. “We are so delighted to finally meet you.”Brian’s parents said, looking at me. “Brian here talks about you a lot, All being good things.” I looked at Brian and smiled. “I hope they were good things.”

 

My mom sat everyone down at the table. “We are having Chicken parm with Alfredo. I hope you’ll enjoy it.”   “Oh I love Chicken Parm, and Alfredo is my favorite.” Don said. Mary agreed and so did Brian and Pete. “Mom, you know I love all your cooking.” We all laughed and my mom served the meal.

 

We all sat there talking and sharing stories. When we were finished the guys sat at the table and talked to Mary, my mother and I started the clean up. We chatted quietly to ourselves. After everything was clean, everyone went into the living room area and sat down. It was only 7:13 and I had a feeling everyone would be talking for awhile. “Mom, Brian and I are going to go upstairs. Is that okay?” “Why yes, that’s alright with me, is it okay with you?” My mother looked at Brian’s parents. “Yes it’s quite alright; we’ll call you down when we need you.” Don said. With that Brian and I headed up the stairs.

 

When we got to my room I shut the door behind me. Leo was still lying on the bed. “Heidi, I’m glad you brought me in here so we could be alone. I have something I need to tell you.”


© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work, and you always end the chapter with a cliffhanger!
But that's what keeps people reading=]

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


IM TIREDE OF UR FEAKIN CLIFFHANGERS!!! AHHHHH!!!! HATE!!!! ULTIMAE HATE!!!!! *kills you* WAIT NO!! U CANT DIE CUZ YOU NEED TO WRITE MORE GRR U!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing