Chapter 3 The Next Day

Chapter 3 The Next Day

A Chapter by Christine T

 

My location was weird, I knew I wasn’t in the motel anymore I was somewhere else. The guy I met, Brian, was with me he was telling me things about Colorado. “It’s very beautiful here, but never as beautiful as you.” He said. I blinked with surprise, I must have been dreaming, the possibility of him saying that to me was slim, we just met. “Let me show you something.”He took me by the hand and led me through the woods to a wide opening, with no trees revealing the most beautiful site. There was a lake at the bottom that reflected the most spectacular mountains ever, the view was breathtaking. “Wow, it’s so beautiful.”I said. When I turned to him he wasn’t there, I looked back to the view and it was gone, I was in a very dark area now with nothing around. I knew I had to get out so, I started running as fast as I could. “Heidi” I kept running I didn’t want to stop. “Heidi?”  Why was my name being called? “Heidi, will you get up! We need to get going or we’ll never get there!”  “Mom, is that you?” The next thing I knew I woke up back in the motel room with my mom shaking me to get up. From the feeling I had, I was broken out in a hot sweat. My brown hair was sticking to my face where I sweated the most. “Get cleaned up and let’s go!” my mother said to loudly for the early morning. I then got up and sat on the bed for a minute trying to think about what happened in the cream I just had, but slowly it was fading away. I decided to just forget about it and went to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

When I was cleaned up and ready we headed to the main desk and handed in our key. While my mother went and got coffee in the lobby, I decided to head to the car and wait for her with Sally. As I opened the door I almost ran smack into someone, by my surprise it was Brian. “My apologies”, he said.  “Oh no, my apologies I’m the one that ran into you half asleep.” He smiled and said, “ I can’t wait to get home and introduce you to the neighborhood. I hope you’re excited for it.”  I looked at him and put on my best smile, “Of course I’m excited.” He nodded his head and walked back into the Motel, holding the door open for my mom on his way in. My mom looked at me and looked back at where Brian went in. She came over to me and smiled, “Heidi, he seems like a very nice boy. Do you like him?” I rolled my eyes at her, “Mom I’m so not talking about this right now.” We both got into the car and started on our way to the new home.

                *****

We finally saw as sign that said Welcome to Missouri, and we had a couple hours until we would reach Kansas. Once we reached Kansas, Colorado was next. The thought of it made me happy and uneasy at the same time, I was excited to see Brian again and to see the new house. The car ride wasn’t an awkward quiet anymore, my mother had the radio on and Sally had her head sticking out the window. Everything seemed to be going the right direction; this was going to be an adventure. My anger towards my mom was still slightly there but, I didn’t go out of my way to ignore her anymore.

“Mom, what happens if you don’t like the house, will the company provide a different one for you?”

“I don’t think so sweetheart, most likely they would tell us to take it or leave it. Most likely we will love the house, the pictures they showed me told me it was in good condition and beautiful on the outside. It’s in a somewhat bigger neighborhood too.”

“Well, I’m excited to find my room and to explore the area. Remember that guy we saw at the motel? Well, he lives in the same area as us now; he told me he always visits Maine over the summer.”

“Leave it to you to meet someone from the area before we even get there.”

We both laughed together at this. I always had the good luck in the family, with pretty much everything. The funny thing is when it came to guys; I always had the worst of luck, or so I thought. The drive really started to drag out when I saw a sign reading ‘Kansas 15 Miles’. Missouri had a lot of trees to look at, I knew Kansas was even more boring with all the straight roads and wide open fields. “Hey mom, maybe we will see some tornados in Kansas.”   “We better not see any, It will just slow down our trip, I’m sure you wouldn’t enjoy that.” She said with no emotion. “True that.” I responded back.

The next thing you know we were in Kansas I was so excited. Once again we pulled off to a Rest Stop, stretching our legs and getting something to eat. This rest stop happened to have a normal gas station and a fast food place, what a relief that was. After we got a bite to eat and filled up on gas, we headed on the road again. Thank goodness I have my PSP, I reached in my bag and I had to scrounge around a little to find it. The next few hours I spent playing my game, I’m glad it had a light because it started getting dark. There was an hour difference in time so, it was around 6:30p.m and we were finally in Colorado. We left the Paradise Motel around 6:00 in the morning, and according to my mother directions we should be to the house very soon, possibly around 7:30. I looked at my mother, she looked pretty tired, and I bet she couldn’t wait to get there. She got a cell phone call about an hour ago; the movers had arrived, from what I heard she told them to start unloading the furniture inside leaving labeled boxes like kitchen where they belonged. According to her, the lady who was going to show the house was there with the key and let them in for us. At around 7:45 we were in our new neighborhood looking for our house. When we finally saw it, my mouth almost dropped to the floor, it was the most awesome house I ever saw, and we now owned it. “Mom, can we keep it?!?” She laughed at this, “We pretty much have no choice Heidi.”



© 2009 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah! finally at the new house=]

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 15, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing