Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Christine T

I closed my eyes and waited for my phone to ring, while listening to Leo yowl. Even though I closed my blinds he went around it and starred out the window, with just his tail sticking out. My thoughts were so unorganized lately and I was trying to sort everything out that happened. Then before I knew it my phone rang, I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. It said Unknown.

 

“That’s weird.” I pressed the talk button, “Hello?” No one answered on the other end, all I heard was faint breathing. “Hey listen, if you’re there answer me, this is not funny.” Still nothing. The breathing continued it was more of a wheezing sound, like someone with bad asthma. I hung up the phone. Leo was still yowling and it sounded like my mother and Pete weren’t downstairs anymore. I got up off my bed and went into the hallway, everything downstairs was off and the light in my mom’s bedroom was on. I lightly knocked on her door. “Mom?” I heard some mumbling and a little laugh. My mom opened the door, “Yes? Is everything alright?”  “Yeah, everything is fine, just wanted to make sure you were here that’s all.” I looked in the room and saw Pete in what looked like a pajama outfit. “Well goodnight mom, night Pete.” My mother gave me a hug and kiss goodnight. I headed back to my room and shut my door.

 

Leo was now lying on my bed, which was a surprise. I went over to my window and peeked out, no one was around. Joining my cat on the bed I waited once again for my phone to ring. The clock on my desk said it was 11:30pm. Time went by so fast and I was starting to get tired. The phone call that I had gotten didn’t help anything; I would love to know who it was. After 10 minutes went by, my eyes began to get heavy and I drifted to sleep.

 

“BEEP BEEP” I awoke from my sleep, my cell phone had 2 missed alerts and Leo was once again in the window. I opened my phone, with one missed call from Brian and a voice message that he left at 11:58pm. The clock now said 12:08am; I listened to the message while looking out the window. “Hey Heidi, It’s Brian, I’m on my way to your house. I rather talk in person, I’m going to try and climb up to your window. See you soon.”  The message ended. There on the roof stood Günter again, I looked down at my yard and saw Brian. Opening my window I yelled down to Brian and softly as I could. “Brian, Günter is there get in here now! I’ll run downstairs and open the door.” Brian looked up at me, “No, I can make it up.” To my surprise he was making his way, he climbed through the tree and up to my window. Once he was in I shut my window and locked it, shutting the blinds. “Why through the window? He was out there! You can’t roam around like that at night.” Brian looked out the window, “I don’t see anything over there now, are you sure you saw him? I don’t recall him ever standing on the roof.”

 

“Well it looked like him, although not as tall. If it wasn’t him who else would it be?” I asked him. “I have no idea, maybe it was Connor.” I flopped down on my bed and put my face in my hands, “I hate this, and I don’t know what to think anymore. I’m so confused. It’s like a bad horror movie only real. I can’t get over the fact that what happened, happened.” Brian held me and I cried in his arms, he kissed my head. “Don’t worry Heidi, we’ll fix this. We will find a way to get rid of them.” Together we sat on my bed, in each other’s arms. Then suddenly I heard what sounded like yelling and laughter, coming from outside. Brian and I both heard it and so did Leo, for he was once again in the window yowling. Brian went to the window first and looked out; I came and stood next to him looking out also. There at the Schmerz house was an old beat up car, the family was in it, leaving to go somewhere. They went down their path way and made a right at the road, going into town disappearing into the darkness.

 

“Where are they going now?” I asked Brian. He continued to look outside, “They left again, like they always do. They could be gone again for 1 or 2 weeks. This would be our chance to find some things out. We’ll go to Connor tomorrow and discuss what we need with him.”  I sat back down on the bed, “If we do this, we can’t do it alone, maybe we can get some people we trust together to help us. We need to use team work.”  He came back over to me and sat next to me. “I know some people that could help us; I’ll ask them when we go back to school on Tuesday.” I looked at my phone and realized that it was 1:00am and was now Saturday, we had off on Monday due to a teacher meeting the school had arranged. I looked at Brian and smiled, “I’m pretty tired, I think I might go to bed.” Brian gave a little pout, “Can I stay until you fall asleep?” I thought about this for a minute and decided whether or not it was a good idea. “Yeah sure why not, it will make me feel a lot more peaceful.” I went into my bathroom to change for bed, when I came back out Brian was laying down with his arms open to me and we laid together until I fell asleep.

 

I was in the woods, it was daylight out, but behind me the darkness was coming. I started to run and all I heard was laughter and screaming behind me. In that darkness I saw what looked like head lights. On top of the car stood Günter with some kind of weapon I couldn’t make out. For a slight moment I froze on fear, run Heidi run. I came back to what I thought was reality and started to run again, they were right behind me. “You can run all you want, I’ll find you and kill you”, Günter yelled. Still running, the car behind me seemed to fade out. Stopping in my tracks as quickly as I could, I reached the end of the path. There in front of me I overlooked the lake, it was a cliff and a long way down. Turning around I saw the Schmerz family surrounding me. I either stayed to fight or took a chance on the cliff; the waters might be deep enough. They came at me with their weapons. I’m not going to die like this, I said to myself. I turned around again and jumped.


© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing