Chapter 8 School

Chapter 8 School

A Chapter by Christine T

My alarm clock went off; it was the first day of school. The past couple days I spent hanging out with Natalie and Brian. My mother was at work most the time. She started a couples days ago, getting up at 5:30 and coming home around 6 o’clock. I got up and got a shower, when I was done I fixed my hair and put a comfortable outfit on. When I got downstairs, I saw Sally and Leo resting on the couch together, it was a Kodak moment.

 

I ate my breakfast than and went out the door, since I didn’t know where I was going Brian decided to meet me at my house and walk with me to school. Natalie and her boyfriend drove to school together, it was a good distance and there weren’t any buses. A lot of people had to walk to school. When I got outside, Brian was sitting on the porch with a Navy Blue book bag. “Are you ready?” he asked. “Yep, I sure Am.”, and we were on our way. The route we took to get to school passed the pathway to the Schmerz house. When I looked down its foggy path, I remembered the guy Conner who prevented me from going closer; I also remembered how Natalie never finished telling me about him. From the distance I saw a figure walking oddly towards us. I pulled on Brian’s sleeve,” Brian is that Günter?” When Brian looked over he grabbed me by the hand and told me to speed up a little more. The figure was tall, and had a small limp when it walked, why would they allow that to go to school? Streaming Woods is very odd, to allow that.

 

When we arrived at the school, there were students everywhere. The school was huge. It was a wonder on where everyone lived. Streaming Woods High School, I wonder what their mascot is. I knew I would find out eventually but, the first place I had to go to was the office. They had all my papers that I needed. Brian introduced me to his friends and then showed me where the main office was. When I went inside, he told me that he would catch me later and left down the hall. As soon as I got to the desk they knew who I was. The lady behind the desk was short and round, with curly brown hair. She had glasses on that fell onto her nose and she smelled like flowers, it was a pleasant smell. Her tag on her shirt read, Mrs.Kemet. “Well, hello there. You must be Heidi. I have everything prepared here for you.” She was very pleasant and had a bright smile on her face. “Thank you, so much Mrs.Kemet I’m glad school has finally started.” Her smile went from bright to shocked, her eyes getting wide, she acted like someone pressed the mute and pause button on her. I saw her eyes drift behind me and then look straight back at my papers, trying not to look up. “Y-you have a-an n-nice day now-w Heidi”, She stuttered while handing me my papers. “Thanks” When I turned around, I almost yelped. The person standing before me was tall and had very messy hair, missing in some spots. He had on odd looking clothing, and his face, his face was horrible. I tried not to stare but, it was so hard not to. It looked like it was burned and his eyes were the scariest feature, they were a bluish white that starred down at me with agony. Standing before me was Günter.

 

I just stood there starring until he oddly turned around and left the office. As soon as he left, my heart felt like it started to beat again. I was frozen with fear until Mrs.Kemet put her hand on my shoulder. This made me jump, “Oh its okay dear, he scares us all, but his parents forced us to allow him here. He can talk very well, and is smart. But is extremely odd and not to be trusted. Make sure you keep your distance from him. Some students had disappeared here, mostly everyone thinks it was him, but we don’t have evidence.” I just nodded without a word and left the office. I looked down at my papers, on the very top was my schedule, the second paper was a map and the rest were papers for my mother. There were 9 periods in a day.

 

Homeroom-Morning-211

1st period English 1-211

2ndperiod  Pre-Calculus-18

3rd period Study/Gym

4th period US. History 2-118

5th period Lunch

6th period Chemistry-216

7th period Pottery-A12

8th period Creative Writing-206

9th period Study/Lab

        Locker-23

 

My schedule looked very interesting. I looked at the school map and headed to my homeroom. Most of the people I walked by, did a double take, guessing I was new. When I got to my homeroom I saw that Brian was there, sitting with his friends. He saw me come in and his face lit up with a smile. When I walked over to where he was, he introduced me to his friends right away. They were Josh, Brandon, Kyle and Sam. They were all pretty chill and nice and greeted me with a hand shake. When I sat down with them we talked about many things until the teacher came in and took attendance, when this was done we had to stay somewhat silent.

 

“Heidi, let me see your schedule so I can compare it to mine”, he whispered so the teacher wouldn’t yell. I handed it to him and he looked at it for a couple of minutes comparing. “Heidi, where are you seated?” the teacher asked. I raised my hand and as soon as I did he came rushing over and took my hand to greet me. “Hello, my name is Mr. Geret.I hope you like this new school. I’m sure you will meet many friendly people, like this group of boys here they are very polite and stay out of trouble.”He pointed to Brian’s group. “Well, thanks, so far I really like it here, it will be an adventure.” He nodded and walked back up front. I then felt a light tap on my shoulder, “Hey, you won’t believe this but we have 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 9th together!”

“That’s awesome, it should be interesting. I wanted to tell you that I saw Günter in the office today. He didn’t say anything just stared at me and walked away.” “Well, make sure you stay clear of him, he isn’t safe to be around alone”, he replied with anxiety in his voice.

 

After the announcements were done, we waited anxiously for the bell to ring. My first class was English, and since I had Mr.Geret for Homeroom I didn’t need to go anywhere. Brian sat next to me and we talked until the whole class was seated. “Hello class, my name is Mr.Geret as some of you might know. Today we will talk about the classroom rules and you will receive you English book. As far as your seating is concerned, you may sit where you want and I’ll send a seating chart around. If at any point there are any problems with you not paying attention and talking the whole time, you will be moved. May I also introduce our new student Heidi Kelle.” He motioned for me to stand up and I did. Everyone had their eyes on my making me feel awkward. The whole class smiled at me and I felt a little less awkward.

 

The rest of class went fast and before I knew it the bell rang. The next class was Pre-Calculus; Brian walked me there and told me he would see me in study hall. The class was just like English with the introduction to everything. “Hello class, my name is Mr.Geret and we’re going to have a wonderful year together! This class will go fast if you pay attention, I would like everyone to stand up so I can give you assigned sitting.” When he said this everybody groaned and slowly got up from their seat including me. “Not everyone go at once.” He said happily.

 

He slowly read off each name from A-J. I was next in line. “Heidi Kelle, please seat yourself in the 3rd row, last chair in the back.” I did as he said and sat down with all my stuff, there was a nice looking guy sitting next to me with blonde hair and glasses, he looked kind of dorky. As the teacher continued saying names I sat quietly in my desk doodling on my notebook I was carrying. “Hey? Heidi? Is that your name?”An unfamiliar voice said to my right. When I looked over it was a thin looking girl with straight black hair and glasses. “Yeah my name is Heidi.”I said pleasantly. “Hi! Welcome, I hope you like it here so far, my name is Erin.”She put out her hand, and I shook it. “Hello Erin, nice to meet you.” We talked for a little bit until the teacher started talking again. “Tomorrow we will start with handing out books and …”Luckily the bell rang and cut him off. Everyone got up at the same time and crammed out the door. The next class was study hall, my schedule also said gym, at this school they run by 4 days, on day 1, 2 I have study hall and on days 3, 4 I have gym. At least that’s what the paper said. When I got to the cafeteria, I met up with Brian. We sat at a table by ourselves; none of his friends were in our study hall. I sat and watched everybody walk in. One of the last people inside was Günter. He sat at a table by himself, staring towards my direction. Goosebumps surrounded my whole body, and my heart started to race, he wouldn’t stop staring. “Heidi?” I blinked and broke I contact to look at Brian.  “Yeah?”

“What are you looking at?” he asked with worry in his voice. “Nothing, I’m fine, what were you saying?” We talked about some things and once the bell rang we headed to US. History 2.

 

Every class was the same, the teacher told us their name, and we listened to all the rules of the classroom and waited for the bell to ring. The only class that was different was lunch. The whole day I spent absorbing new rules and meeting new people, along with teachers. For Chemistry I had Mrs. Brook, for Pottery I had Miss. Smith, and for creative writing I had Mr. William. When the last bell of the day rang, Brian and I walked back home together.

 

“So, do you like it here?”He asked. “I love it here, when my mom first told me we were moving I yelled at her telling her she ruined my life. This has been the exact opposite of ruining my life.”

“Well, I’m glad you enjoy it here.”

“Me too”, I replied.

When we got to my house, we sat on the porch for a little bit talking.

“So, see any guys you like?”

“Nope, only you”, I said with a flirty smile.

“Oh, really…” Brian started to lean in, and kiss me, but it didn’t happen because I left out a blood curdling scream. Standing behind him was Günter.



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

omgsh, this was so freakin' good! =D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing