Chapter 17 The Plan

Chapter 17 The Plan

A Chapter by Christine T

We all decided to sit on my front porch to discuss what we should do. We had paper out and my lap top to look up some things, Connor was writing down a lot and at this point I noticed Connor was really nice and cute. Trying to take my mind away from that thought I took Brian’s hand and smiled. “So what do you have in mind Connor?” Brian asked.

 

Once again pushing up his glasses, “Well right now they aren’t home, I was thinking would could get in and install some cameras they wouldn’t see and scope the place out. The cameras would be displayed on this laptop 24/7; the laptop would do the recording while the cameras just have constant video of the place. We also would get walkie talkies for each of us, I have some and they go pretty far from each other so we could even keep in contact when at our own homes. Also we’ll need some flashlights and first aid stuff just in case.”

 

“Seems like we are going undercover, what will we be looking for when we go?” I asked

 

Connor looked up at me, “Well, I kind of let something out when I told you what happened. They have a place they keep the people, most likely still alive because like I said they don’t really want to kill anyone.” I looked at him shocked. “First of all why didn’t you tell us right away and second of all you could have fooled me, he was after me with some kind of weapon. They said they would find me and kill me.” Connor let out a laugh, “They are all talk, trust me I know. Those missing people are still alive somewhere, I think that’s why the live the way they do. So, they can keep them alive.”

 

Brian was silent but finally spoke up, “Then why was Sherry found near the lake that day?”

 

“She got away from them and was very lucky to not have to go through whatever those people are going through now. Why do you think they left? She knew the truth and didn’t speak up, so the sheriff told them to leave. Look I’m sorry that they left, but it looks to me like you’re doing alright.” Connor then glanced at me. “But anyway, we will have to look for clues to where they might have them, we should also install some kind of sound device so we can hear in some parts and hear and see in others. We should do this tomorrow and meet up here at Heidi’s if that’s okay.” He looked at me. “Yeah that should be fine.” I replied.

 

“Well then, I’ll see you all tomorrow.” Connor took his stuff and left going back home. Brian and I just sat there saying nothing to each other. I thought to myself, wondering if Brian really did still have feelings for her. If I was just a way for him to move on, but I’ll leave that thinking for later. “Hey, I’m going to order some pizza, would you like to stay and have some?” I asked the motionless Brian, who looked deep in thought. He then looked up at me and smiled, “Why of course I would.”

 

We then headed inside and I grabbed the phone to order some pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. While we waited Brian and I sat in the living room, it was almost 4 o’clock. Time always went by so fast. Sally came over to us and lay down next to my feet. “So… What are you thinking about, you’ve been pretty quiet.”  I asked him. “Well, just everything that happened and what Connor told us. I was just thinking about sher…” He paused, “I was just thinking about what we have to do tomorrow that’s all.” He looked down. Right there, I knew he still cared for his ex girlfriend, but was that a bad thing? “Oh, well, same here. I hope all goes well for us tomorrow, we really can’t do anything now until tomorrow.” Brian then took my hand in his and looked at me. “What?” I asked. He then leaned in and kissed me, but it wasn’t a long one. “Nothing” he replied. We sat there in silence until the pizza came.

 

After 20 minutes went by of silence, there was a knock at the door. I gave the delivery guy the money and brought in the pizza. Putting it on the counter I got plates out and grabbed a slice. “Well, are you going to have any?” Brian didn’t respond right away but then replied, “Actually, I think I should go I need to think about some things. I’m really sorry Heidi. I’m just confused right now.” He started to leave, “Wait”, I said. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” I stood in front of him. He looked at me, “No, I don’t believe so.” and left.


© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing