Chapter 4 Our New House

Chapter 4 Our New House

A Chapter by Christine T

We parked in the drive way, being greeted by the woman who was going to show the house to my mother and me. This house was so amazing, it was a massive stone house with a fenced in back yard. The porch looked very welcoming with its wide sitting area that went all the way around the house.

When we got inside I broke away from my mother and the lady to do some exploring of my own. The number one thing on my mind was to find my room, I head upstairs. I went to the right of the hallway and was led to a huge room, this room had a good sized welcoming bathroom and when I went to the door across from the bathroom there was a walk-in closet that was about the size of my old room. The view was spectacular. You could see our backyard and the woods it led to. This is so going to be my room. I knew this was a fact because my stuff was already in it. I left the room with a smile and saw that there was a room across from mine, it looked like office space. This didn’t grab my interest so I decided to go up to the attic, and see what the view was like up there.

Wow, it was huge; this could have been another room if really needed. I saw a window and looked out to see an even bigger view of the woods but, what I noticed this time was a semi large wooden house that looked like it was falling apart. It looked so dark and creepy but, it was also around 8:00 at night. As a gazed at it I could see what looked like a person in the window, it felt like they could see me, staring right at me. This freaked me out so I raced downstairs to explore the rest of the house, on my way I tripped over a couple of boxes causing my mom to yell.

The living room was huge, it had a high ceiling and next to it was the kitchen. The kitchen was quit big too, with granite countertops, the appliances where black. In front of the sink and cutting area it had a table attached with chairs to sit at, in other words it was a bar. My thoughts were happy, this house was wonderful.

I went upstairs to my bedroom with the last of my boxes. As I looked around at everything I had, I decided to hook my stereo up first, it wouldn’t take long. My stand for it was set up and I carefully sat it on top and plugged it in. I was so glad to have my stereo back, I took my favorite CD mix and plopped it in. Once my music was playing I started my unpacking all my books to put on my shelves. Most of my bottom clothing pieces went in the closet, my shirts where in my drawers. On my desk I put all my framed pictures up and my posters went on my wall. While I was doing this I went into deep thought about the house I saw. “That must have been the Schmerz house, the old man at the Gas Station was talking about. What he said didn’t make me feel comfortable, but what are the odds of them being really weird. It’s not like a horror movie they won’t be weird freaks who come after. Or at least I hope it isn’t….” My thoughts were interrupted when my mom came crashing through my door with some kind of light brown fuzz ball in her hand. “Uh, mom, what is that?” Sally was next to her barking. “It’s a little kitten I found it on our front porch with a note.” She gave me the kitten and the note. I read the note,

Hey I’m sorry to drop this on you, but I can’t have this kitten, there’s nothing wrong with it and it’s free, I just can’t handle a whole liter of them, please take care of him.

                                                            Thanks

“Well, can we keep him?” 

“Well it was, left with a basket of cat stuff, so sure.”

“Wow, are you serious that doesn’t happen every day.”

Sally came walking over to the new part of family, she smelled the kittens head and licked him, with that she sneezed and trotted back down stairs. “Wow. They bonded already” my mother said as she walked back downstairs. “I must say you are a cute little thing with your white paws and light brown body.” I thought about a name and since it was a boy I decided on Leo.  Once I was done with my stuff, I remember forgetting to see my mom’s room. Hers was down the hall from my room, when I looked inside it was even bigger than mine. All her familiar stuff was out, pictures and trinkets. My mom was in her bathroom setting up towels and her shampoos. “Nice room mom.”  “Thanks sweetheart, I really like it.” She said with a smile. “Well, I’m going to head to bed I’m sure tomorrow will be interesting I want to see if I can meet some new people.” I said.  “Alright, well thanks for putting all your stuff away, I’ll see you in the morning.”

When I walked over to my room I noticed a beep coming from my pocket, I pulled out my cell phone and saw its battery was almost dead. In my room, I got the charger from my, what I call, electronics bag. I also noticed my laptop and sat that on my desk too. My phone was blinking red and I saw that there was also a text message, I plugged it in and looked at the message. It was from my best friend, Erin from Virginia.

      Hey girl, don’t forget about me ok? Sorry I didn’t contact you sooner. How was the ride? Stay in touch XO Erin.

I texted her back saying that I wouldn’t forget her and that the trip was interesting. How I met the guy and that I would definitely stay in touch. Once I was done, I got my pajamas on and jumped in bed. Leo was with me, curled up on the head of my pillow. That night I fell asleep to the purring of my new cat.



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i loved it and what a cute cat.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 9, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing