Chapter 16 The Truth

Chapter 16 The Truth

A Chapter by Christine T

 

        I kept falling and right before I hit, I woke up. Flying up from laying down, there was sweat all over my face and my hair was soaked. Grabbing my legs and pulling them close to me, I put my head on my knees and breathed. It didn’t happen, it felt so real, and I’m okay. Looking around I noticed for a fact that I was back in my room, Brian must have left he wasn’t around anywhere. I looked at the clock; it read 5:33am. Lying back down, I tried to catch my breath and relax. Leo was above my head at the window, only he was sleeping and not making any noise. My window was closed, but unlocked. Getting up, I locked it again and looked out the window. It was getting brighter outside, but slowly.

 

Lying back down, once again, I turned on my stereo and played some relaxing music. Falling back to sleep, I didn’t wake back up until 9 o’clock in the morning. When I got back up the only thing I thought about was the dream I had, I went into the shower and got ready for another day.

 

Downstairs you could smell breakfast being cooked. It smelled like eggs, bacon and toast. Slowly, I descended down the stairs and went into the kitchen and sat at the table with Pete. “Well, Good Morning sunshine.” My mom said, giving me a plate and flopping eggs and bacon on it. “Meh, Morning.” Pete was reading the newspaper, “Another girl disappeared, they say she was found missing two days ago and decided to report it today in the paper. There is something odd about all these missing people.” I looked at my eggs and poked the yoke until it bled out, I then dipped my toast and ate it. I looked at Pete, “Have you heard of the Schmerz family at all?” He flipped the paper down a little bit to see me, “Yes actually I have, and I heard a lot about them. I and some guys at work believe that they might have something to do with these missing people, but no one wants to investigate it.” I was shocked with his response and was hoping I wasn’t still dreaming. My mother then sat at the table with us and ate also. “Heidi, today Pete and I will be running back and forth a lot, so we can get his stuff and bring it here. We also have to work on selling his house. Will you be alright here by yourself or would you like to come with us.”

 

“No, I’ll be fine here. Brian and I are going to hang out today.” I responded.

“Well, alright, just make sure you two behave.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll behave.”

 

At that moment, there was a knock at the door. I got up to get it since I was done eating. When I opened the door, Brian was standing there. “Well, hello there my darling would you like to go for a walk?” He winked at me. “Mom, I’m going with Brian!” I yelled for her to hear. “Alright honey, have fun.”

 

Brian took my hand and we began our walk.

“What time did you leave last night?

“Around 3:30, you were moving around a lot and I figured you wanted your bed back, so I left.”

“Oh, I apologize for that, I was having a really weird dream.”

 

He took me face into his hands, “It’s quite alright.” He kissed me passionately once again, only this time it was longer. We were in the woods and he had me against a tree, kissing me. “I love you Heidi with all my heart and if anything ever happens to you I don’t know what I’ll do.” He gave me a huge hug and started to kiss me again. Sliding his hands to my waste, I put my arms around his neck. This felt like it went on forever. Until, it got interrupted. “Eh hm. Excuse me, I hope I’m not interrupting anything, which I think I am. Please, save my eyes and stop.” We both stopped and looked to where the voice came from. Sure enough it was Connor; luckily we were looking for him.

 

“Connor, we need to talk to you about something.” Brian said.

“Oh I’m sure you do, just as long as you two stay unhooked from each other, I’ll be glad to stick around.”

“Fine, we need to ask you about the Schmerz.”

“I’m afraid I can’t help you then.” Connor then started to walk away from us.

 

I ran up to him and grabbed him by the arm, “This is important, please tell us what you know. We won’t use any of it against you. Please Connor.” He pushed his glasses back up and sighed. “Alright fine if you insist. You better not use it against me or call me crazy alright.” I looked at him straight in the eyes, “We won’t and if you’re on our side you might be able to help us further but please tell us everything.”

 

We sat down on a huge tree that had fallen, what seemed like a couple years ago and Connor began to tell us the story.

 

“About 10 years ago Günter was a 7 year old kid, who was normal and friendly along with the rest of his family. Their house was well kept and more appealing then it is now. Both his parents had good jobs and a good life. When I was Günter's age, he and I were best friends. I went to his house all the time to play and hang out. He was an amazing friend. Then one night, while I was at my house I saw a red glow and smoke coming from where his house was. It was a huge fire that caught on some of the house, Günter was in there when it happened and got burned by the flames badly. His mother was the one who called the fire department, while his father was after the kids with fireworks. The kids were close to the Schmerz house in the woods lighting some bottle rockets and one hit the house setting it on fire. These kids were around our age today, 17 and 18 years old. The police never pressed charges against those kids; he only made them sit in jail for one night. Ever since then Günter's parents lost respect for everyone and turned into who they are today. As you also know, Günter got scarred badly from the fire and all the kids made fun of him. I tried to talk to him and make him stop, but he never listens because people still act the same. The police don’t bother with it and won’t even touch his family. So now that you know the truth, what’s your response?”

 

 I just sat there with a shocked look and so did Brian. “Wow, first of all. Second of all, would you be willing to help us with changing his mind, he is after me and Brian because I was stupid enough to go into his house when they weren’t home and they ended up coming back while I was there and now Günter wants to kill me.” Connor looked at Brian and I. “Well, that’s no surprise, but I will be willing to help you with it, we just need to get a plan together and we should never split up.”

 

“Don’t worry, I agree completely with that.” I said.

“Yeah, me too.” Brian replied also.

“Well then let’s get to planning.”


© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing