Chapter 14 The Talk

Chapter 14 The Talk

A Chapter by Christine T

    

“Well do you want to go first or should I?” I asked. He looked at me for a few seconds and then sat down on the bed. “Maybe you should go first.” He said, while smiling. “Okay. First off I want to talk about what happened today. Every time something major like that happens it seems to get blown off to easily. I am the type of person who can’t go through something like that and act like nothing happened. It’s just impossible for me to do that; I have no idea how you can manage with all this.” He looked at me with his wonderful blue eyes and patted the spot next to him on the bed. I sat down and crossed my legs waiting for a good response. Brian began to speak, “Well, I have a confession to make. Two years ago, I had a wonderful girlfriend, you remind me so much of her. Being like you she went to that house and never came back out, everyone went looking for her, but avoided the Schmerz house. Which I never understood, she was found though, luckily alive somehow near the lake view I took you too. She was very beat up and her family ended up leaving town. I never really spoke to her again and lost all my feelings I had for her. Then you came along and I just fell in love with you…” He looked down at his feet not saying anything else.

 

Thinking about what he said, I realized he didn’t answer my question, “I’m very sorry to hear that Brian, but I still don’t know how you can act like nothing happened.” He sighed, “The reason is because, I have a hard time believing it all happened and just want to block it out like it never happened. Just like everyone else in this town. They know about that family, but leave them alone and act like nothing happened with all the missing people.” I looked at him and took his hand, “Brian, I’m not going to let this go, we need to get to the bottom of this and try to fix it. Somehow, there must be some way to be able to destroy them or run them out of town.” I looked at him with hope. “Well, if I’m with you, I’ll be willing to do anything. We’ll find a way and I know who we can go to, but before I tell you can I try something?” He looked at me keeping eye contact. “Yeah, of course”, I said. He leaned in and took my face into his hands, bringing it to his and kissed me on the lips. Without thinking I finally said, “I love you Brian.” It felt amazing to say finally. He looked at me and leaned towards my ear whispering, “I love you too Heidi.” This sent chills up my spine and butterflies in my stomach. “Now, the person we need to go to is Connor. He seems to know a lot about that family, I know I told you to stay away from him, but we have to break that rule now”, he said. “Alright, that sounds good, but when?” Before Brian could answer, his parents called him down telling him it was time to leave. He looked at me and stood up, bringing me with him. “I’ll call you later tonight when everyone is asleep, we’ll talk about it then.” He leaned in again and kissed me, only more passionately this time. I wrapped my arms around him and felt like the safest girl in the world. We stood there in each other’s arms until his mother called again. “Well, have to go, call you later.” I gave him one last squeeze, “Alright, talk to you later.” He left my room leaving the door open and headed downstairs. After a minute went by, I also went down to say bye to his parents.

 

“Well it was nice meeting you Heidi, we will have to have you over sometime”, Mary said. “I would be delighted to come”, I responded. We all said our goodbyes and before they left Brian’s mom gave me a hug and his father gave me a hand shake. They left through the front door and into the darkness of the porch. My mom waved goodbye and close the door, turning around and looking at me. “Well, I really like them. They are a wonderful family. They told me a lot about their son, he seems like a nice young boy. Heidi, you better not lose him.” I looked at her and smiled, “Mom, you better not lose him.” I pointed at Pete. We all laughed.

 

Sitting down in the living room, my mother and Pete sat across from me on the sofa. “Heidi, Pete and I have something to tell you.” I looked at them both and smiled, “What would that be?” “Well, we have been talking about this a lot and wanted to see what you thought. Heidi, Pete is going to move in with us.” I sat there with no emotions on my face and thought about what she just told me. I wasn’t angry at all, surprisingly I was happy. “I think… that’s wonderful.” My mom looked at me with a surprised look, “Really?”  “Yes, of course, I just want you to be happy. Right now I’m very tired so I’m going to head up to bed.” My mother and Pete gave me a hug and said their goodnights.

 

Heading upstairs, I thought about everything that happened today, like always. I went into my room and noticed Leo sitting in the window with his tail whipping around. “What is it Leo?” He was letting out a low yowling noise. I looked out the window and out on the roof of the Schmerz house was Günter, just starring, but not in my direction. It was towards the other houses. I calmly shut my blinds and tried to ignore it until Brian called. I lay on my bed and waited.



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice:) the flow of the chapter was great
Brian and Heidi's relationship seems to be
going great. i can't wait for more
good job

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 3, 2009
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing