Chapter 11 They are coming for me

Chapter 11 They are coming for me

A Chapter by Christine T

 

When I woke up I felt groggy and just wanted to stay in bed. I looked over at my window and saw that it was pouring outside, Great day to drive to school, now I can’t get wet. I smiled to myself and got ready for school. “Today I think I’m going to wear something more relaxing Leo. What do you think?” He meowed at me and jumped off the bed. Once I was dressed I grabbed my car keys off of my desk and headed downstairs. This morning there was no note from my mom, I guess she would be home the same time as last night. When I was just about to leave I heard a knock at my door. I went over and opened it, it was Brian soaked and wet. “Brian, what are you doing?” “I’m just coming over like I usually do”, he said with rain water dripping from his face. “Well, I’m driving to school. Would you like a ride?” “Wow you have your license? A ride would be great.”

 

“Okay, I had it for awhile I just didn’t have a car to drive. Come inside and we’ll go to the garage.” He came in right away and we went to the door that led to the garage. We walked inside and I turned and I pushed the button to open up the garage door. Once the garage was lit I heard a gasp behind me. I turned around with worry. “You have a new Mustang! That’s sick” he walked over to it examining ever little detail about it. “Well, I think we should get going.” We got in and it started for me right away. We drove to the school and I dropped him off close to the school so he wouldn’t get wet anymore than he was.

 

As I circled the parking lot for a spot, I got a lot of stares from people. Mostly everyone had a nice new car but evidently not a Mustang. They were stares of envy; it made me uncomfortable to see it from people I didn’t really know yet. What a great way to start friendship. Once I found a spot I took my umbrella and walked to the school. Inside I could hear the squeak of shoes slow and fast of students heading to homeroom. When I got to mine, Brian was sitting with his friends talking. Instead of sitting with him I decided to sit by myself so I could think about some things. Brian likes me and tried to kiss me so many times, he even got angry when I rejected him yesterday. Then there is Günter, I want to know more about him. What if I could get into his house, since he isn’t here at all? Maybe find out some things. Why he is always watching me. I know! Tonight I’ll drive my car into the woods finding a good place for it to hid and try to find away to get into their house. They will be gone for awhile yet; at least that’s what Sam said. While I was thinking this to myself I was staring down at my book bag. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and almost jumped out of my seat. “Wow, were you in that deep of a thought?” Sam said. “Yeah I was. What’s up?” “Well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, since you isolated yourself over here.” “Oh. Well, I’m fine. I’m just thinking about some things.” “Okay”, he said, walking back to his seat.

 

They whole day went by fast. In most classes we were starting lessons. The whole day I was thinking about my plan to get inside the Schmerz house, what am I thinking? When school was over, I left Brian behind and hurried to my car. I got to my car and started to open it. “What’s the rush?” I familiar voice asked. It was Connor; he was parked next to me with a red BMW. “Oh, it’s you” I said harshly. “What do you want?”I asked him, getting into my car. “Nothing…” I then shut my door not caring about what else he had to say. Started it up and began my ride home.

When I got to my neighborhood I turned down the long path to the Schmerz house. If I was going to do this, I wanted to do it in the daylight and as soon as possible. I parked my car behind a couple of trees that hid it fairly well. I looked around to make sure no one was here with me. I walked up and on to the porch, peering inside the window. Inside there were a lot of worn out furniture and the place was a mess. There was a lot of clothing hanging on racks you would find at a clothing store. That’s weird. I went around the back of the house and saw a basement door. I turned the handle and it easily opened. Wow that was easy; I guess they aren’t worried about intruders. The basement was very dark and had a rotten corpse smell. This didn’t settle over my stomach to well. I saw another staircase and decided to go upstairs since I couldn’t see anything in the basement. On my way up I saw a flashlight, I picked it up and pushed the button. It was a dim light but at least it was something.

 

The first thing I saw was the kitchen. It was horrible to look at. There were dishes that looked like they had mold on it. The cabinets looked rotted and it was completely dirty with stains in every place imaginable. I made my way to the living room area; everywhere you looked there were news paper articles on missing people. Chills ran down my spine. “What am I doing here? I see nothing about them. This is crazy!” I saw stairs that led upstairs and I decided to go up. I saw a door on the right and tried to open it. Locked. The next door was already open, I went inside. There was a bed that was filthy with clothing lying all over the place, new clothing too. What’s with all the clothing? I left the room and went into the next one. It was a lot larger and the bed was bigger. “I guess this is the parent’s room…” Downstairs I heard a door open and I froze in fear, with my heart racing. My reaction was to crawl under the bed, it was large enough. I got down to the floor and looked under it, there didn’t seem to be anything there. I crawled as fast as I could and covered my mouth. I could hear loud talking.

 

“I’m sick of living like this. People have no respect for us, those good for nothings. They should all die!”A man’s voice said.

 

“Oh shut the hell up Paul. All you do is complain.” This was in a female’s voice.

 

“I’m doing my best to make people disappear, I swear it.” I think this voice was Günter.

 

“Hey, something doesn’t seem right. I think someone’s here.” There was a long pause of silence, I heard what sounded like footsteps go downstairs and fade away. Then I heard them come back only faster.

 

“I know someone’s here, come out come out where ever you are!” My body trembled in fear. What am I going to do, how am I supposed to get out of here. I then heard what sound like a gun being prepared. My stomach started to clench in fear and my heart was racing faster than ever. Think, think! What am I going to do? Was my life going to end, why did I come here! I’m so stupid. I’m upstairs they will be sure to see me!

 

“I will find you! You won’t escape!” The man said from what sounded like the living room area. I stayed as quiet as possible. I took out my phone and turned it on vibrate. Scrolling through my numbers I found Brian’s and texted him.

 

i need your help im in the Schmerz house and they came home I’m really scared I don’t know how to get out he as a gun.

 

I pressed send and waited for a text back. I looked around and saw nothing that could help me. Downstairs, I could hear them throwing things around. They were searching for me.



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH!SNAP!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


WoW good story, please finish it so I know what happens. There's some minor grahmer mistakes and misspellings, like using know instead of now, to instead of too, but other than that, its great.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing