Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Christine T

I went into my closet and got my duffel bag, putting my flash light and a first aid kit I had inside. I also grabbed some extra batteries and my video camera I had. I took my laptop also, just in case we had to use it for the cameras, which I’m sure we would.

 

I was completely dressed in black and was hoping my mom wouldn’t see me like this, I’m sure she would guess I was up to something. I headed downstairs and grabbed my keys, locking the door on my way out. Connor and his friends were coming from down the street, they were almost here. I sat down and waited.

 

When they got here, I was introduced to them all, “Heidi, this is Andy, Cody, Matt and his girlfriend Keirsten. Everyone this is Heidi.” We all said our hellos and started to talk abut what was going to happen. “Alright your guys, there is six of us. Three of us will work upstairs and 3 of us will work downstairs. Andy, Matt and Keirsten you will take the upstairs. Heidi and Cody, you’re working with me downstairs. There will be a camera in every room and eventually we will get into the basement and add just voice audio. Are there any questions?” No one seemed to have any. “Alright here are the walkie talkies, cameras for group and I have no cameras for my group. We have to work fast and swiftly. Be prepared for anything. While setting things up try to look for clues to any locations. Are we ready?” We all said “yes” at the same time. “Lets get moving.”

 

We made our way down and stood in front of the path way to the house. “Let’s do this I said, flashlights out and ready.” We started to make our way down the path and the darkness seemed to swallow us. There was a slight breeze that blew the trees around and made it eerier. There were a lot of night sounds going on; when we got in front of the house it seemed to get quiet. “It’s quiet, to quiet. Eerie music plays.” Keirsten slapped Matt for saying that. “Hey, I’m just messing around geez.” Connor got a little irritated, “This isn’t a time to goof off, this is a time to save a lot of lives now let’s get in there and do what we have to do.”

Connor lead the way inside, the front door was open oddly. “This place is always open, it’s like they are allowing you to come in so they can catch you. Alright, Andy, Matt and Keirsten head upstairs. Heidi and Cody follow me.” I watched as Keirsten’s group went up, she looked fearless and so did the others. Since I was with Connor I felt safe and fearless. We followed him into the first room, the kitchen. I looked around while they were setting up the camera. On the table there were papers and news articles and the missing people. It dated back about 5 years, so some of these kids would be in their Teens and others in their early 20s. I’m guessing most of the families stuck around in case anything showed up, I new that the police force here wasn’t what it should be. I took video of the table with everything on it and waited to move on.

 

“Alright, now the living room”, Connor whispered. We followed him to the next room and did the same thing. Everything went smoothly and we had all the cameras up and running, “We are all done up here, we didn’t find much of anything though.” it was Matt on the walkie talkie. Connor replied back, “Alright come on down, we are heading to the basement.”

 

While we were waiting for them, I noticed a door that was slightly open. Not saying anything I walked over to the door and pushed it open with my foot. Inside was a bathroom, or what seemed like a bathroom. The tub was filled with dirty water and there were flies around the toilet. In the sink it was a rusty red and the faucet was dripping. Walking in a little further, the floor creaked. I took my video camera and filmed what I could. The bathroom smelled horrible and after I got what I needed I turned around and left.

 

When I got back into the living room, no one was around, “Guys?” I shinned my flashlight where I could and headed to where I thought the basement was.

 

          ******

 

“Hey, where is Heidi?” Everyone looked at me with a blank look. “I thought she was right behind us”, replied Andy. “You guys stay down here, Andy come with me.” I told her I wouldn’t let anything happen to her and now she is gone. We headed up the stairs and went into the living room first, we didn’t see her anywhere. Then we decided to check upstairs, “Heidi”, I whispered. “Where are you? Please tell me you’re here somewhere.” My walkie talkie then went off, “Uhh Connor we have a slight problem. They are back…”

 

           *********



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing