Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 18 Look Who Shows Up

Chapter 18 Look Who Shows Up

A Chapter by Christine T

All I could do was stare at the door he left out of. What did I do wrong? I slowly ate my pizza alone and then on my third bite there was a knock at the door. I ran to the door and opened, standing there was Connor. His glasses where on top of his head and he looked so amazing. “Hey, I was walking by and saw that Brian had left with an odd look on his face. Is everything alright?” I looked at him in silence and started to cry. He came in then and wrapped his arms around me, for some reason I didn’t fight this. It felt right. “I don’t know what happened we were talking and he was about to say he was thinking about Sherry but caught himself and changed it. I’m so confused right now.”

 

“Well Brian wasn’t always the nicest kid, around his family he is and also the ones he wants to impress, like you. I’m not just saying this either. His ex girlfriend, Sherry, was a huge b***h. They were extremely close. He’s had girlfriends after her but was never satisfied.” I looked up at Connor, “What? He told me he hasn’t dated since his last girlfriend Sherry.” Connor looked at me with sincere eyes, “That’s a lie Heidi, he’s had many.” This just made me cry more, he held me closer to him now and told me it was alright.

 

After a little I calmed down and ask him if he wanted pizza, sure enough he did. We sat down together at the table and talked. “It just happened like that.” I snapped my finger, “I have no idea why it happened. I’m glad I know the truth now, he told me he cared about me and loved me. He doesn’t care, that’s why every time something happened he pushed it off like it was nothing.” I ate some of my pizza to calm my moods, which did help. Connor ate at the same pace as I did. “Well, let me tell you something. He doesn’t deserve such an amazing girl. You don’t deserve a jerk in your life like him. Tomorrow if he comes I’m asking him to leave, I have some of my own friends who will help.”

 

“Natalie said you didn’t have many friends.” Connor laughed, “And Natalie is my ex girlfriend who doesn’t like me very much because I figured out who she really was.”

“What’s that?”

“A crude girl, who likes to have her way and me in control, why do you think she is friends with Brian and his ex? Her and Sherry still talk. What I said to Brian and you just gave him an excuse to leave.”

“Well, now Brian knows the truth.”

“It’s alright who will believe him and if he says to his friends that he heard it from me, they will just laugh at him.”

“Thanks Connor, for everything.” I put my hand over his and before I could pull it back, he took it in his. “You very welcome Heidi.” This sent butterflies in my stomach; I could sense that Connor was telling the truth and that I could trust him.

 

After we were finished I asked him to stay and he did. We sat together on the couch with the TV on discussing about tomorrow. “Well, so you know for tomorrow, my friends that will be coming are Andy, Cody, Matt and Keirsten. Matt and Keirsten are together as a couple. We have all been friends since preschool, so we are a tight group. You can be my girl for now, so the guys don’t go after you. If that is alright?”

 

I laughed at this, “Yeah sure I’ll be your girl, but is it a title or the real thing?”

“Which so you prefer?”

“I’m not sure yet, we’ll have to find out.”

“Can we try something right now?”

“Sure what’s that?”

 

He then leaned in to kiss me, but before our lips met my mother walked in.

 

“Hey you two. Oh! Who’s this?” my mom asked starring at us both. Connor stood up and put his hand out, “My name is Connor ma’am and you must be Heidi’s mom?” My mom shook his hand slowly, “Yes, I am. I’m Carol and this is Pete my boyfriend.”

“Nice to meet you both”, Connor then shook Pete’s hand.

“Well, I should get going then.” Connor said.

“Oh nonsense, you can stay, don’t let us intrude.” My mom said quickly, “I would just like to speak with Heidi for a moment”. My mom motioned me into the kitchen. Connor sat back down and waited.

 

Meeting my mom in the kitchen she asked, “What happened to Brian and what is that boy doing here?” She wasn’t angry just curious. “Well, Brian was here but left basically saying he didn’t want to see me, he just turned into a huge jerk with that. I was crying and everything and then my friend Connor from school showed up at the door.”

 

“Well, he does seem like a nice boy and I’m sorry for what happened honey.” She gave me a big mother hug. “I just hope Connor isn’t the same.”

 

“No, I don’t think he is. He is very sweet, from the beginning he was.”

 

“Well, that’s good you can go back to what you were doing now.” She smiled and started to get something prepared for Pete to eat. I went back into the living room and sat down with Connor, “Would you like to see my room and what a wonderful view I have?” He nodded. We then headed up to my room.


© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing