Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Christine T

This morning my cell phone is what woke me. Looking at the caller ID, I saw that it was Connor. I pressed that talk button, “Hello?”

“Hey Heidi, I wanted to let you know we will be meeting at your house tonight around 6:30.”

“Oh. Alright then, that sounds good. Thanks for being my wake up call.”

“Haha, no problem. Would it be alright if we hung out today?”

“Yeah that sounds great, I’ll be ready in 15 minutes, meet me on my porch.”

“Alright, see you then.”

“Ok, see ya”

 

The line went dead. I got up then and went into my bathroom to get cleaned up and changed. Once I got out, I headed downstairs to have some breakfast. There was a note on the counter from my mom.

 

Good morning Honey, Pete and I will once again be in and out all day. Make sure you stay out of trouble and be good. We’ll see you throughout the day. Love you, mom

 

I folded up the note and put it in the garbage. Going into the cabinet I took out a box of cereal and a bowl. I poured milk in it and headed outside to the front poor, “Come on Sally!” When I got out there, Connor wasn’t there yet. I sat at the table we had outside and ate my cereal. About 5 minutes went by. “Hey there good looking, how are things today.” I looked over to see Brian standing there. My spoon dropped out of my hand sending the milk all over the place.

 

“What the hell do you want??”

“What do you mean? What’s wrong, did I do something” he said this with a smirk.

“Did you do something? Is that what you’re asking me? Yeah you did a lot you jerk. You’re not coming tonight either and as for us, there no longer is an us. Get off of my porch, right now!”At this point I was standing up screaming my words. He didn’t go anywhere, instead in insisted on staying.

“Come on now Heidi, give me another chance, please.”

“Hell no! I’m not getting hurt again,” I then took my bowl of cereal and threw it at him, “Get off my porch!”

“That wasn’t nice!” Brian said practically laughing.

 

Before I knew it Connor was there, he came up behind Brian. “Hey, I believe she asked you to leave. So why don’t you take off!” Brian turned and faced Connor, “Oh really, well I’m not going anywhere.” Connor then gave a little laugh and instantly punched Brian in the face, pushing him off the porch. “You better reconsider.”  Brian stood up with his nose bleeding, “Fine I’ll leave, forget you both!”

 

Connor came over to me, “Are you alright?”  “Yeah I’m fine. I can’t believe he even tried to ask for another chance…” We then both sat down at the table. “Well we can hang out today until around 6:00 if that’s alright. I’ll have to go get my friends so they know where to come.”

 

‘Yeah that should be fine.”

 


 

The rest of the day was spent talking about different things and how everything was going to go down tonight. We all had to wear black and make sure we brought flashlight. In reality I was very nervous about tonight, I was hoping they wouldn’t show up while we were there.

 

“Hey, would you like to go for a ride before everything starts?” I asked, looking at Connor.

 

He arched an eyebrow, “Yeah sure, sounds like fun”

 

We then headed to my garage, I pressed the button and the door went up. Sitting inside was my black mustang. We both got inside and I backed out of the driveway. I then took a right and just drove. Colorado really was a beautiful place and I never really got to explore it. With the windows down we took a nice long drive along the roads.

 

“This is such a nice car.”

“Thanks. I always wanted one and due to my mom’s new job she surprised me with it. Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah sure. Anything.”

“What are your parents like?”

He paused for a moment, “They are very nice people, only they are always busy. I would like you to meet them sometime. I think they would really like you.”

I smiled at this, “That sounds great.”

 

After a 30 minute drive it was time to go back home and prepare for tonight. Pulling up in the driveway, I noticed my mom wasn’t home again. We got out of the car and Connor gave me hug, “I’ll see you in about 15 minutes.”

 

When he left I stood there by my car, grasping what was soon going to happen and I headed inside to get ready.


© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing