Chapter 9 To Close

Chapter 9 To Close

A Chapter by Christine T

“Heidi, what’s wr…..” Before he finished his sentence I grabbed him by the hand, and we ran to the back of the porch to the back door. “Günter is there! We need to get inside!”I said frantically while trying to open the door with me key. I was shaking so much I couldn’t open it. Günter was coming around the corner of the porch, when I saw him he had a long blade that was attached to a handle. Brian turned and saw Günter standing there, grabbed my keys and quickly opened the door. Once we were inside, I locked everything up. “What is he doing here?” I started to cry when I said this. Brian came over and held me in his arms. “I honestly don’t know. We can’t really do anything about cause of who he is. No one will go near him.” Outside you guy hear footsteps slowly walking around the house. When I looked at the clock, I noticed that my mom would be home soon. I looked around and saw that the voicemail light was blinking on the phone dock. I walked over swiftly and picked the phone up to listen to the message. “Hi, Heidi, it’s mom. I’m sorry to say I won’t be home until late around midnight, I have a lot of paperwork I need to get done and evaluations I need to look over. There are some TV dinners in the freezer, I bought your favorite. Stay out of trouble. Love you and see you later.” I brought the phone down with both hands and held it to my chest. Thank god she is working late.

 

“What are we going to do about him? Why isn’t he leaving?” I asked Brian desperately. “He must want something; I’m not sure what though. His mind I very twisted, so we will always be in for surprises.” I flopped on the couch, “This is just like a horror movie.” Then out of nowhere the steps started to move real fast and then ended at the front of the house. When we looked out Günter was no longer there, he was running down the street. “Now what was that about?” I shouted a little too loud. “You’ve got me, but you really have to be careful now, he knows where you live. I’ll make sure to keep you safe. I better call my mom and tell her I’ll be home late, because I’m not leaving you here all by yourself.” Brian got his cell phone out and called his mom. He explained everything and I’m guessing she agreed, because he ended up staying.

 

“So where were we before what happened.” He said doing that cool arched eyebrow thing. “Well, we were about to have a first kiss, but to be honest I’m still a little shook up…” “Oh, I understand, I guess I’m just used to his weirdness, and being everywhere thing. I don’t want to pressure you”, he said not making eye contact with me. “Well, it’s more like the moments gone, you know?” “Yeah, Your right.” Instead of making out on the couch, we sat there in each other’s arms waiting for my mom to come home.

 

When I woke up, I was in my room with Leo lying on my head and Sally by my bed. I looked at the clock and it was 4:00, I got out of bed and went to my mother’s room. There in her bed she was sleeping, she looked pretty tired. I didn’t want to wake her so I went back to my room, changed and climbed back into bed. “Sally, where were you when that guy was outside our house?” She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and sneezed. “Hmm. You’re such a great guard dog.” After a couple of minutes went by I fell back to sleep.



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

poor heidi, gunter knows where she lives, good chapter=]

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 18, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing