Chapter 7 The View

Chapter 7 The View

A Chapter by Christine T

 

“Where are we going?” I asked Brian as he took me by the hand. “I want to show you something. I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.” We started walk down the street on the side walk the opposite direction in which the Schmerz house was. As I looked around the neighborhood, there were a lot of trees and way back behind them you could see mountains, down the other street was where the town was and all the shopping. It was so beautiful here, when I looked down at my hand I noticed that Brian was still holding it.

The weather was nice also; it could have been at least 77 degrees. We started in to the woods, there was a long path, and it looked like it could last forever. “You seem pretty happy, what are you thinking about?” He asked me, breaking through all my thoughts. “About, how it’s so beautiful out here. There are so many tree’s and wonderful mountains.” As soon as I said this he stepped in front of me and told me to cover my eyes, when I did, he put his hand of my eyes and walked me forward. “Are we almost there?”  “Yeah, only a few more steps.” I took a couple more steps, making sure everyone of them was slow and careful. “Okay, I’m going to uncover your eyes and when I do you can look.” “Alright” I responded. He uncovered my eyes, and I opened them. When I looked I saw a beautiful view of the mountains reflecting on a pond, I gasped and almost feel over. Brian caught me before I hit the ground. The view was the same exact one I saw in my dream. What are the coincidences of that? I asked myself.

“Heidi, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. The view is just so wonderful.”

“Well, I’m glad you like it.”

We sat down on the ground and watched the sun set; the view was so peaceful that I almost feel asleep. When I looked at my cell phone, it was about 6:00. “I think we should go.” 

“Alright, I walk you home. Always remember that this will be our spot, come here whenever you need to get away.” Our spot, for some reason when he said this it gave me butterflies, I think I am starting to have a crush on him. Is that good or bad? “Thanks for bringing me here Brian”, I said.  “No problem.”

 

On our way back home we talked about random things, pointing out what we had in common and what we didn’t. We had many things in common. When we got to my house, I noticed my mom wasn’t back yet. We stood on the porch across from each other, not saying anything. My heart felt like it was in my stomach flying with my butterflies. Brian started to move closer to me, slowly. He looked down into my eyes and began to lean his head down. The sound of my mom’s car horn broke the moment. Was he about to kiss me? Am I the girl he likes? Oh man.

We both looked up, her car pulling in the drive way. “Um, I guess, I’ll catch you later.” 

“Alright, see you later”, I replied breathless.

My mom got out of the car and opened the trunk. “Hey, perfect timing”, I said angrily.  She looked up with a surprised look, “Did I do something wrong? Why do you sound angry towards me?”  “Mom, I think Brian was going to kiss me, but when u beeped the horn it broke the moment”, I said with my head down kicking a little stone around. “Oh, well it’s too early anyway. You haven’t known him that long yet.”  “Yeah that’s true.” I helped my mom take our groceries inside. She had a lot, it was enough to last us a month. When we were done putting everything away we had full cabinets and a full fridge of food.

 

My mind couldn’t believe that school was going to start next week. I was nervous and excited at the same time. It would be even better if I could drive to school, but I don’t have my own car and my mom said I didn’t need one yet. I had gotten my license a few months ago, and really wanted my own car, but we didn’t have the money. My mother didn’t want me driving hers because it was the only one we had. I almost forgot my 17th birthday is coming up in September.

 

My mother didn’t make anything to eat, so I decided to make a sandwich with chips and a soda. When I was done I went up to my room, turned on my stereo and lay in my bed to think about things.  Why do I like him? Do I like him? I’m pretty sure I do, the first time I talked to him. I think I started to fall for him. I heard a scratch at my door, when I opened it, Leo was sitting there unbalanced looking up at me. I scooped him up and lay back down on my bed with him on my stomach.  My stereo was playing one of my favorite songs, Rise above This by Seether.  My mind started to drift off. When my cell phone rang, I was wide awake again. I leaned up and took my phone out of my pocket, the ID said Brian. As soon as I saw his name I answered it.

“Hello?”

Hey, it’s Brian. I wanted to talk to you about something…”

“Okay, well go for it.”

Alright, well earlier when I was talking about a girl that had my heart…”

There was a pause. My heart was racing, Please be me, Please be me.    

“Yeah…?

“Well, the girl…Is you. I wanted to kiss you that first day I walked you home but I thought it was too soon. Then what happened today at the view, with us…I needed to tell you. I don’t want to rush anything, and I’m hoping you feel the same about me. I like you and I want to get to know you even more…”

“I…like you too Brian. My mom thinks you’re really sweet, she also thinks it’s a little early yet too. We should hang out and stuff. See where the road takes us with it…”

Alright, I’m glad you like me too, I wanted to tell you before school started. I am up for not rushing anything.”

“This makes me really happy. I was hoping you liked me, I didn’t think I was good enough for someone like you.”

You’re perfect. Well, I have to go, on the first day of school, I’ll meet you and we can compare schedules. Until then I’ll see you around the neighborhood. Please stay away from the Schmerz house. They’re due back anytime.”

“Alright, I won’t go near their house. I’ll see you later.” When I hung up the phone, I didn’t know if I was still sleeping or if the conversation had actually happened.

 



© 2010 Christine T


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

aww brian is soo cute

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Christine T
Christine T

Easton, PA



About
♫♪ ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ♫♪ "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more impo.. more..

Writing