Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Makayla

Pandora danced around the room to Blink-182's new album, Pretty little girl was her favourite song. It was practically always playing when she was around. Watching her glide around the room was breath taking to see someone so happy and care free in a house that has cause me nothing but loss and despair. The tragedies that took place here crippled me. They made me forget how to love and yet here I am, in the place that caused me so much pain now holding the one joy in my life. The energy she gave off just made everything feel okay. Her good vibes were contagious and next thing I knew I was up dancing too. We danced to the whole cd and then collapsed on her queen bed. I was laying on my side admiring her angelic laugh as she criticized my dancing.

“Wow Hunter, are you sure you don't have 2 left feet? We better make sure to get you lessons, I don't want to dancing like that at our wedding.” She was out of breath when she rolled over to face me.

Her eyes looked deeper then usual, instead of the sparkling jade that that they were usually. They seemed more like the dark green of leaves in summer when a tree is at full bloom.

 I extended my hand and stroked her cheek. “Did you know that I love you?” I whispered. I don't think I ever said that to her and I don't why I chose this moment when we were all tired and sweaty, laughing on her bed but it just felt right.

“Yeah I know, I love you too, I always have.” she looked down as she spoke, tracing her fingers on the purple cotton blanket that was pinned underneath us.

Hearing her admit that she loved me too filled me with feelings that I had never felt before. My body was tingling with desire and I wanted was her. I wanted her and I to just be one person because she's everything that I've wanted and all that I would never be; my better half. I moved closer to her so that our bodies were just centimeters a part. She finally looked up at me, which made the fire and hunger in me burn brighter. I trailed my finger down her shoulder, gliding it across her soft pale skin. I slowly moved my touch down to her hip and started playing with her belt loop. She knew what I wanted and she wanted it too. She stared at me as my fingers caressed her body, biting her lip. God, she was intoxicating. Everything from there just felt so right. I brought my face close enough to hers that our lips could touch but not quite. “I've never done this before.” I whispered to her as I undid her fly.

“Neither have I.” she spoke softly on my lips, our faces so close that her air was my air and we were one person.

What we shared was an indescribable thing. I always thought that sex was no big deal, that the whole magical experience was a joke. I still think it isn't a big deal but when you do it with someone you truly love it becomes a whole new experience. Every inch of my body wrapped around hers. Her hands exploring every inch of me. I could only feel this with her. I never thought that I could feel a love so strong, so intense that it burned inside me. She is my sun, my moon, the air in my lungs and the fire in my heart.

We laid in her bed after, her body curled into mine. My arm laid around her holding her against me as if she were to fade away at any moment. She turned her head up at me.

“Penny for your thoughts?” she whispered as her fingers danced around my hair, wrapping around each curl.

I had many thoughts racing through my head; thoughts of what our wedding would look like. I was thinking about how she would most likely become some kind of alternative model/artist and I’d be a respected book critic or maybe even an author. I imagined our life in 20 years, how I'd work at home as everyone admired her and then when she would return to our house in the suburbs. We would have to live somewhere warm, Pandora always complains about the cold in Canada. So maybe our house would be in like LA or something and after she had returned home from a long day at work, I'd cook her dinner (hopefully I learn some new recipes by then because right now all I know how to cook is mac and cheese from a box) and we'd eat and discuss our days at work and make plans for what we will wear to the Smith's dinner party. We'd live a simple life together, maybe we'd adopt some kids and watch them grow and fall in love like we did. I can see us, old and fragile, sitting on the porch drinking lemonade (probably spiked with whiskey because you're never too old to have whiskey) reminiscing about the old times we shared in her room just like this one. I had all these thoughts but I couldn't find the right words to express them.

“I think I never want to leave this bed.” I kissed her forehead and held her closer.

“Too bad you have to get ready for Jake's party soon.” she spoke in a soft voice and I could hear her disappointment.

“I don't have to go, you know.”

“I know but you should see your friends.”

“I don't need my friends, I need you.”

That was the truth. I didn't need Jake's witty jokes or goofy laugh. I didn't need to listen to everyone discuss their life like it's a book worthy story. I just needed her, with me, in this bed forever.

“Do you mind if I say something, and you have to promise not to get mad and cut me off. I just want you to hear me out.” she looked at me in the eyes as she spoke.

I nodded.

“I think you do need friends. I believe that you need a life that has more to it then just me. I think that was your problem before. I mean, with Jacklyn.”

I had promised her I would not cut her off but when she mentioned Jacklyns name I couldn't help but look away from her. I felt guilty for not feeling guilty about moving on. I for once in my life actually felt joy but it wasn't with who I thought it would be. Eventually, I turned back to her and let her continue.

“When Jacklyn passed away, you were so broken. You had lost the only person that you truly cared for, your only friend. After that you were alone. Now, I'm not trying to say that I plan on abandoning you because I don't even want to leave your side but I don't want you to depend on me. I need to know that if something ever did happen that you would be able to have people you could turn to for support and comfort. Does that make sense?” she waited for me to answer but I didn't know what to say.

We laid in silence for a few seconds before I unwrapped myself from her. I slid on a my underwear and pulled her t-shirt over my head. I walked over to her closet and started to rummage through it.

She got up and put her housecoat on and watched as I dug through her wardrobe.

“What are you doing, Hunter?” her voice sounded groggy like she had just awoken form a nap.

I turned back and smiled at her.“Well, it's a costume party so I’ll be needing a costume and I figured that you had cuter things then I did to wear.”

We spent hours trying on different ideas. Pandora suggested that I be a cat but I thought that was to basic and there was probably going to be at least 10 girls in leggings with whiskers on their face. I wanted something simple but not too simple. We ended up going with a witch. I put on a pair of striped stockings under a knee length black dress and I used a hat from my mom's Halloween decorations. I let Pandora do my make up since she has been begging me to do it. When she finishes up, she goes to the washroom to wash her hands.

I decided to browse her jewelry boxes. Some played music and one had a little stained glass door and if you opened in there was a place to hang necklaces. But there was one that just didn't fit in with the rest. It was covered in a pale lilac color soft fabric with a gold latch. It had a number lock that you see on briefcases. Pandora was in still in the washroom and I became infatuated with this mystery box. What was in it? Why was it locked? I had so many questions about this one simple box. I lifted it and shook it but I couldn't tell what was in it. Pandora came in as I was holding the box. She didn't say anything about the box but her face told me that she didn't want anyone to know about what was inside it.

“I was just looking for some accessories for my wicked witch costume.” I put the box back down on the table.

“It was my mothers.” she spoke as she cleaned up the mess we created while trying to put together my costume. “She told me to put anything that could ever hurt me in it.”

` I guess even goddesses aren't invincible.



© 2014 Makayla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 5, 2014
Last Updated on March 9, 2014
Tags: pandoras box, greek, lgbt, book, hunter, pandora, ofmiceandmisery


Author

Makayla
Makayla

Ontario, Canada



About
20 year old canadian writer more..

Writing