Chapter 2: Waves

Chapter 2: Waves

A Chapter by The Fallen

Chapter Two: Waves.


As I predicted, Zale never made any friends that moment. Though he was swarmed with girls asking for his number, he pushed them all away. He wasn't like the guys who went here, any one of them would love to be in Zale's shoes. I furrowed my eye brows and stared at him. Why would he come to such a small school like this, and why wouldn't he want a girlfriend, or at least a friend. I sighed and started walking to class, I had no idea why Zale's life was bothering me so much. I quickly entered my classroom just as the bell rang. My teacher pulled out the math text books and handed them out, she set mine down on the desk. I was to busy thinking about my dream to notice that she had acknowledged me.


“Cordelia, is everything alright?” She asked, with a hand placed gently on my shoulder. I shook my head and looked up at her. Her frilly short brown hair fell over her face, and her brown eyes were genuinely concerned.


“If you don't mind. I think I need some air.” I said. She nodded silently and continued to hand out the books. I pushed my chair back and walked out of the room. Instantly I pulled my phone out and texted Nerissa.


Me: Dreams, affecting my train of thought. Help?


Her: History Project. Wish I could. Srry.


Me: Alright. I'll see you l8ter


I shoved my phone in my pocket and slid down the wall until I got to the floor.. I looked around the halls, my eyes fell on Zale who was currently sitting in the corner of the hallway with his head buried in his hands. I raised a brow and sighed, maybe I should introduce myself. I got up, placing my hands behind my back. I walked over to him, he must have sensed my presence because he looked up and smiled at me. That adorable, dashing smile.I shook my head you have never thought anyone was cute, or adorable or anything! You do not want the drama that comes with a relationship. I told myself.


“Hi.” I said quietly.


“Hey.” Zale stood up and looked at me softly.


“I'm Cor-”


“Cordelia, I know who you are.” He stated. My eyes widened, I looked at him. How did this boy from out of town possibly know my name, and who I am.


“How did you know that?” I asked.


“Uh, I know you from.” He looked around, as if trying to find a reasonable answer. “Nerissa. She was speaking with me before class.” He hesitantly said.


I nodded slowly. “Sure she did..”


“I'm Zale.” He held out his hand, expecting me to shake it. I kept my hands tied tightly behind my back, and he awkwardly placed his left hand back down to his side.


“Well there is no need for me to introduce myself since you seem to know quite a bit about me.” I spat.


“I do not know much, just obvious things. Though I am curious to know more about you.” His blue eyes sparkled from the sunlight that came in through the skylight.


“Why do you want to know things about me?” I asked curiously.


“Why would I not?” He retorted.


“Why aren't you in class?” I crosses my arms, and raised a brow. I knew what he was going to say.


“I could ask you the same thing.” He said, a smile playing on his lips. This was clearly all a game to him, a game I did not want to play. I was about to answer him when the bell interrupted me, I looked back down the hall hoping to spot Nerissa walking towards me, but nothing. I looked back towards Zale, but he was gone. Vanished. Disappeared. I looked around a little bit more, but there was no sign of him.


“Well that was rude.” I grumbled.


“What was rude?” Nerissa appeared beside me, her backpack hanging off her shoulder.


“Zale..He was right here. Just a few minutes ago.” I said, still looking around to see if he was still hanging around the halls.


“Cordelia, I don't know what you're talking about, he was in my class all period.” Nerissa claimed. I shook my head, he was right here being obnoxious and such. I furrowed my brows, I was sure he was here. There is no way anyone could be in two places at once.


“No..He was here. Talking to me.” I replied to her.


“Cordelia, are you feeling alright?” Nerissa placed the back of her hand on my forehead. She sighed. “You feel a little warm. Maybe you should go home.” She said.


“I'm fine! Nerissa, he was here. I swear by the city of Atlantis. He was here!” I growled.


“The city of Atlantis, isn't real. It's a myth, that is a horrible thing to swear by.” She joked. My vision started to get hazy, and every colour began to turn blue. I rubbed my eyes, but it didn't help. What was going on?

“I think I need to go see the nurse.” I said, holding out my arms. Nerissa grabbed my hand and led me down the hall, I felt blind and helpless. I heard the squeaking of a door, and another pair of cool hands grab my arm.


“I'll see you later tonight.” Nerissa promised, I heard her footsteps leave the room.


“Sit down, Cordelia.” A women's voice instructed me. I did what she told me to, and sat down on a chair. I heard the clicking of a flashlight, then a dim blue light invaded my eye's. I squinted as the nurse switched eyes. “Do you remember how old you are?” She asked.


“Of course I do. I am seventeen, turning eighteen in a week.” I explained to her.


“Okay I was just making sure. What can you see right now?” She asked. I blinked a few times, then looked around, everything was still in a million shades of blue.


“Blue..” I replied, confused on how this could have happened.


“Alright. Well, Cordelia. I am going to give you a few pills, and I am going to ask you to drink plenty of water and go home right now.” She explained.


“Okay, but why am I suddenly feeling this way?” I asked.


“It'll be explained in time.” She said, ushering me out the door, placing the pills in my hand. I raised my brows, in time? What the heck did that mean!


~*~


I sat on the mattress in the dimly lit cave, a book on Atlantis in my lap. Everything was still blue, but slowly the other colours were coming back. I could hear Fate's soft footsteps outside of the cave, over the rumbling of the falls. She entered the cave, a frown upon her face. I looked at her curiously, she never frowned. Not ever. Something was wrong.


“Hey..How was school?” I asked. She looked up at me, tears filled her eyes. “What's wrong?”


“Nothing, Cor. Nothing.” She replied, trudging over to the waterfall. She sat down and dipped her feet in the water. I sighed, at times like these I knew I would have to grow up and become the sister I should have been a few years ago. The day our mother died, was the day I should have grown up.



© 2013 The Fallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww... Poor Fate and Cordelia... :(

And I feel like Zale and the nurse know more about Cordelia than she knows about herself.... o.O

Fantastical chapter and I want the next one ASAP!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

The next chapter to thi will be up after the corachapter

Thanks
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Yayz! :D
Oh, very interesting... So what is Zale? He has send himself elsewhere or is her imagination going haywire! I wonder how she got home though, with blue in her eyes.. And the nurse knows something too? Very mysterious!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


WOW!! Thats so weird!! Just start seeing blue.... Why??????? Was is something to do with Atlantas???????? Oooooo and ZALE and the Nurse and so in on something!!! XD I"M SO EXCITED TO READ ON!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lozzie

11 Years Ago

You are welcome :) I beleive he was with Cordelia and had a fake double that was in class :P
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Maybeee
Lozzie

11 Years Ago

haha :P We'll find out soon i hope :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2013
Last Updated on March 26, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen