Prolouge- The call

Prolouge- The call

A Chapter by The Fallen

There he was once again. His caramel coloured brown hair covered his eyes like always. He stood there on the rocks that surrounded the blue lake, staring right past me as I screamed for help. He didn't hear me, he never heard me. He was just there, he was always there.


I clawed at the surface, water invaded my lungs. He just watched, he watched and waited as if something were bound to happen, but nothing ever did. I would just scream, and cry out a name I would never remember.


The mist rolled in, and covered his face. A chuckling sound would surround me, and a fish net would come into the water and scoop me up. The fishermen would all laugh, and ignore the fact that they had just caught me. As if I were never there. I never existed. They would dump the fish into the hole that was on the main deck of the ship. I would tumble and fall down it, until I landed in a fish pile.


That's when I'd wake up, My nails dug into the surface of the ground. What was I even doing here, and what did the dreams even mean? I looked back at the smooth clear water, occasionally a wave would surround my red hair. I stared up at the moon, and sighed softly. My heart rate was slowing down and my breathing was restoring it's regular breathing pattern.


“Cordelia,” The waves would whisper. “Cordelia, where have you been all these years.” They would repeat my name over and over again. I stood up and looked around. I placed my feet in the water and stared at the reflection of the moon. My long black dress found it's way into the water, drenching the bottom of it.


“I've been here, I have always been here.” The words just escaped my mouth without any thought. It was natural to me, though in the logical side of my brain it wasn't natural at all. I backed away from the water, and the waves got rough. I turned and ran.


“Cordelia, wishes cannot always be granted. Give them to those who are worthy!” The waves said.


“I do as I please..” I said as I walked back to the cave behind the falls. I slipped behind the flowing water and peered in the cave. A little girl, by the name of Fate laid there asleep. I smiled softly and walked in, curling myself around her body and falling into a deep slumber once again.



© 2013 The Fallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this prologue! Very mysterious and I love how the sea is incorporated into this. I luvz the sea :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! You're a great writer! Your stories are so descriptive!!!! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you :D
Sharon

11 Years Ago

You're welcome XP
Oh, very cool opener! I love the dreaminess of it, but the creepiness of the dream, and the description really drew me in. But then she awakens beside the water which makes her even more mysterious! " My long black dress found it's way into the water".. something about that makes her seem so interesting! Who is she and why does she live in a cave?! Captivating!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks!
Welcome back!
This was incredible, the way you used waves as a personafication is just briliant. I was hooked from the very first line. I must say the way you wrote this is just beautifully done. This chapter led to be very mysterious, and yet so engaging. It really lifts the readers mood to imagine what the main character is seeing. Will read on, this is a fantastic prologue.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :D
Ooooooh I like the name Cordelia, it's pretty. I love the starting of this book. I can tell it's going to be amazing! Can't wait to meet read :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Oh thank you!!! :3 oh and the new Cora chapter is up
Felecia

11 Years Ago

I saw that actually lol, I'll get right on it
WOW!!!!!! This book is so entrancing!!!! I love the use of imagery and the way you have written it!!! Well done! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD Thanks
Lozzie

11 Years Ago

welcome :)
Nice visuals. Great descriptive language. The first half is stronger than the second but still very nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Ohhhh!!! Very mysterious! Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

:3 Thanks!
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!!!!! XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2013
Last Updated on February 26, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Round and Round Round and Round

A Poem by Anna


My Broken Dream My Broken Dream

A Poem by Anna