Chapter 1: My dream boy?

Chapter 1: My dream boy?

A Chapter by The Fallen

I woke up to the sound of the pounding waterfall. Fate was already awake, and sitting at the entrance of the cave watching the falls. I groaned and ran a hand through my red hair, Fate turned around and smiled.


“Morning, Cor!” She said cheerfully. “It's another school day!” She giggled and ran over to me.


“How about you go to school and I sleep all day.” I closed my eyes, only to be tackled by Fate.


“No! You can't miss school. Mommy would be so disappointed in you if you did.” Ah the mom excuse, she used it so often and it pulled on my heart strings.


“Fate, don't talk about mom.” I sighed and opened my eyes again to look into her big blue ones.


“How about, who is our father?” She asked, placing a hand in her lap. Her brown hair reached her shoulder and she grinned.


“Fate..I don't know all the answers! Just go get dressed or something.” I rolled over on my stomach and buried my head in my arms.


“What about, why do we live in a cave?” She ran a finger up and down my spine.


“Because, I have no money to keep us in a house. Be fortunate we have clothes, blankets, pillows and a mattress. It's what mom left and so we must use what we have. I only have enough money for food.” I said simply.


“Alright..” I heard her get up. “But you need to go to school. And so do I so hurry up!” She ordered before going further into the cave.


“Yeah yeah yeah.” I said, rolling off the mattress and rummaging through my suitcase. I pulled out a pair of ripped up jeans, and a floral tank top. I quickly removed my pajamas and slipped on my clothes. Fate walked into the room, wearing a pink skirt and black t-shirt. She was smiling, she was always smiling. Ever since our mother died, Fate seemed to grow up quickly and became more mature then a normal eight year old would be.


“Why are you so happy?” I asked, pulling back my long red hair.


“There is no reason not to be.” She replied. She brushed passed me and skipped out of the cave.


“I can think of a few reasons.” I muttered. I followed her out of the cave, and looked towards the beach. A few seagulls cried out as the swooped down into the water. I rubbed my face and looked down at Fate.


“Lets go.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me along behind her. School, I have been dreading it since Sunday, which was a week ago almost. Fate had many friends, and was hardly ever around me . She is only eight and she has more friends then I do. Though, her friends parents have tried to take her away from me multiple times. Fate will argue with them and say she is better off where she belongs, with me. I never want her to leave, for I will be alone. Though there will come a time when I have to leave, and that time is coming up faster than expected. “So, Cor, what are we going to do for your birthday?” She asked.


“Sleep.” I replied.


She sighed, then said.”That is boring. What kind of girl sits at home alone on her eighteenth birthday?”


“Girls like me, who have no friends.” I looked up at the sky.


“Well you have a sister, and I am going to throw a party for you!” She said cheerfully.


“Have fun getting people to come.” I muttered.


“People will come! Because I asked!” She held my hand tighter as we got closer to my school.


“Fate..I don't really want to go.” I claimed.


“I know, but you have to!” She pushed me towards the front doors and walked off, turning once to give me a small wave.


“Bye..” I sighed and looked around the front for my one and only friend, Nerissa. My eyes spotted a few girls surrounding a certain area. They squealed and giggled, I became very interested. I walked over to the group and peered over their shoulders. A man with light caramel brown hair and deep sea blue eyes sat on his black Harvey Davidson motorcycle. His blue helmet was nestled between his stomach and his arm. He looked past the girls and straight at me, flashing me a silly side smile. I rolled my eyes and walked away. I had no clue why those girls were swooning over a guy like him, a guy who looked strangely familiar.


“Oh, Cordelia!!” A familiar voice came from behind me.


“Nerissa.” I said without turning around.


“How did you know?” She asked, grabbing my wrist to turn me around. Her wavy blonde hair framed her angelic face perfectly, and her black eyeliner made her green eyes glow. She was beautiful, but because she hung out with me she would never be popular.


“You do the same thing everyday.” I claimed.


“Doesn't mean you can't play along.” She pursed her lips.


“I'm not in the mood to play your games, Nerissa.” I said, adjusting my satchel on my hip.


“You had that dream again last night, didn't you?” She asked, gently placing a hand on my shoulder.


“I have it every night. And each time it's a little different. This time I got caught by fishermen. What do these dreams even mean?” I rubbed a hand across my forehead.


“Maybe you should go see, Marie.” Nerissa said. “She is very good with dreams, and can process their meanings quickly.”


“I would, but I am running out of money as it is. Working at Sea Side Grill, doesn't exactly make me a millionaire.” I started walking towards my locker.

“Marie does the first treatment free.” Nerissa skipped beside me.


“Fine, I'll go. But only to prove that this lady knows nothing about dreams.” I opened my locker and shoved my satchel in it.


“Don't doubt her. She helped the new kid, Zale.” Nerissa leaned up against the locker beside mine, and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.


“Was he the guy out front with the motorcycle?” I asked.


“Yeah. Isn't he cute? He moved here from Atlanta.” Nerissa pulled off her jacket and hung it on the hanger in my locker. I quickly shut it and looked at her.


“How do you know these things?” I asked skeptically.


“I keep my ears open, and my eyes on the prize.” She grinned.


“Fate wants to throw me a party.” I changed the subject.


“Oh I forgot your birthday is next week!! Fate is so sweet! I will help her, It'll be fun!” I exclaimed.


“I don't want a party..” I looked around the hallway from a clock. Five minutes till the bell, I sighed. “Does anyone care about what I want?” I asked.


“No because if you got your way, you would be sleeping all day! Or you would sit down at the beach and stare off into space thinking about that dream. You need to get your mind off things. And sweetie I am going to make sure this is the best party ever!” Nerissa smiled and took off down the hallway, weaving her way through the groups of people. I shook my head, and looked back. The new kid, Zale, stood at his locker looking around as if trying to find a place where he could belong. If he was anything like me, he wasn't going to find one.



© 2013 The Fallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter! Fate is sooo adorzable and I feel really sorry for the situation her and Cordelia are in :/

And Zale seems quite interesting.... ;)

Reading on!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice chapter! I was a bit confused by the prologue but it makes much more sense after reading this :) I like Cordelia, attitude is always great in a heroine, and Fate is cute but she seems a little bit old in her speech for an eight year old... Great work, I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you :3
Aww, Fate is so sweet! And Zale... hottie... expecting some trouble and romance from him... and wondering what sort of dreams he had! And what hers mean? And where is the party going to be? In the cave?! Ok, lol... dunno if you are working on this story, but its fun so far...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

I am working on it...I'm just taking alot of time working in each chapter. Thanks for reading
I like how you come up with all these awesome names, I suck at thinking of names XD
And come on? What girl doesn't want to have a birthday party? *didn't have a party for her 16th birthday* anyway, I really like this chapter...this guy is mysterious >.> but then again aren't all guys that way sometimes? XD I like the little sister, she seems cute haha, and her friend seems interesting too.
Anyway, awesome job! Keep it coming!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks!!!
Absolute perfection.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

thnx
Wow! This is a great opening chapter! You have set the scene out so well and the flow is brilliant!

Ooooooo i want to know more about Zale!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Gah... hurry up with the next chapter!! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD Thanks!!
And Zale hehe, hes a weirdo to me..But insanely hot.
Writing as we speak
Lozzie

11 Years Ago

Awesome :)

I love weirdos!!!! :P I easily relate to them :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2013
Last Updated on March 25, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Broken Dream My Broken Dream

A Poem by Anna


2. Raven 2. Raven

A Chapter by The Fallen