Flavors Uncanned

Flavors Uncanned

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

Can you deny what you truly love. There're no whispers in the bright corners you’ve chosen to walk. In the loud world you've choosen to live, no one would secretly grasp your waist from behind only to roll words into your ears that you yearn to hear. There’s no magic in the reality you’ve chosen.There’s no surprise, and no definitely no butterflies. There’s only what is apparent and nothing beyond. It's a crystal clear, transparent world without the excitement of a naughty hide and seek. There're no under the table teasing toes as you sit across a romantic dinner. There’re no intoxicating eyes, and definitely no latent greed to savor the beauty beyond the netted veil on your eyes. The flying satin flairs of your dress in the air as I see your apparition walk past in the desert. Am I a part of your dreams or a reality appearing to be a mirage, simply stuck in my head rowing like a carousel of nostalgic moments spent together. How I wish your cheeks deserve to be brushed by the back of my hand as I stare constantly into your eyes. Oh, what has come between us. Loving and hating these minute inches separating us poles apart. You are just a thought away yet a million miles apart. 


How long can you lie to your soul? How long can you appreciate what you wish weren’t there. How long can live in the chimera of what does not please you. Across mountains, and yearning times, you’ll be crying for me, Hoping for a glimpse of a tiny heart that honestly beats to your tunes. Waiting for a tongue that would pour what your pot’s thirsty for. Oh, Break away, don’t believe what they say, because in the end you’ll find that you were all the way away from home, Come give me your hand and let me walk you to a place that you‘ve been aching to go. Round and round and back again, A place where you know you are loved. Home isnt't really a place where you run from. Its the place you run to. 


Quit chasing parked cars, take a step beyond your comfort. Let your heart skip a beat. Let yourself on an adventure. Take the leap of faith that will test your guts. Love even when you know you’re gonna lose and have the courage to love again. Fall in and out. Spread your arms so wide open that the gushing winds cannot dare to move you. Let them just slowly push open those buttons of your un-ironed shirt. Inch by inch as your closed eyes feel the forces of nature inciting you. Telling you how much there is to see, and how wonderful the sight of wide-open skies is. Come spread your wings, for the world is too real for your flying fantasies. Step away, Step beyond, free yourself from the chains of your routine. Taste this wilderness, perhaps between someone’s lips. 

Its not the things you normally do that matter. It’s this craziness that defines you. . . 


Pranav Malhotra

© 2013 Pranav Malhotra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, Break away, don’t believe what they say, because in the end you’ll find that you were all the way away from home, Come give me your hand and let me walk you to a place that you‘ve been aching to go. Round and round and back again, A place where you know you are loved. Home isnt't really a place where you run from. Its the place you run to.
Great stanza.... the whole piece is really a great write... I really enjoyed reading ;) it has a deep meaning

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Home isn't really a place where you run from, it's the place you run to." Love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this, because I am crazy. Hah.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

Makes me remind of Billy joel's song.
"If I'm crazy then its true, It is all because of you. Y.. read more
My life has never been quiet, or ordered, or predictable. It's been one ecstatic adventure after another...it has been full of kids and dogs and people and places...and there isn't much I would change if I could.
Diving into the next big adventure has never been an issue...
But sometimes I do envy those who are now my age, whose lives are so calm, and peaceful...they look back on their accomplishments with nostalgic pride...while me...well, I'm still looking for the next wild adventure...

Great wisdom in this piece! Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

Maybe grass is greener on the other side.
And maybe those who've lived peacefully all their li.. read more
Pranav is a writer I followe and enjoy, he has a fine feeling for very descriptive, dramatic prose, and he proves here again he has a lot of talent.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much sir. Its always an honor to have your eyes upon my work.
Thanks again.
An ordered life has rewards. But a life willing to trust chaos can find great rewards.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

touche, marie, touche
"Quit chasing parked cars, take a step beyond your comfort. Let your heart skip a beat. Treated yourself along an adventure."
The above line was my favorite. Great wisdom in the story. We need to spread our wings in mind and body to know real freedom. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review, I' glad it came across to u well
Its not what you normally do that matters, it’s this craziness that sets you apart.

A great fantasy in thoughts woven interestingly, liked it and the underlying message.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

911 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 13, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..