Virtual Touch

Virtual Touch

A Poem by Kayleen
"

can it still be touching if nothing is tangible?

"
Shall I sit and write my troubles down for you?
You, the faceless names
You, the real virtuals
Sometimes, I try so hard to write down what's in my head
Like now, and now and then my emotions surpass my vocabulary
and this is what you get
An incoherent glimpse into some faint feeling I cant explain
Do you enjoy my misery or determination more?
Lets have a little vote
and decide how best to utilize this thing I seem to be
Manufacture me into an object of your entertainment
I reach for your approval
Do you find me miserable enough?
Pretty enough? 
to warrant your pity or your laugh?
Some connective common expression that passes quickly
over the faces I've never seen, staring blankly at this screen
in search of something human?
searching for what I provide
and struggle to find in you?

© 2012 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
please if you read it, take four more second and leave a review so i know what you thought of it. thank you so much :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You were able to convey what a lot of people think but never say. If only our vocabulary were as easy to unleash as our hands at grasping what it wants. Your determination is admirable. Your looks are fine (dare I say cute) and your curiosity at wanting to know if your writing is reaching anyone is natural and common.

If only we could all know what the other person who is scanning our work is thinking. But as you know, not all who read our words will breathe a word about what they thought. So ultimately, Fran Marie is right, we must write to the point that we are happy with our own writing. As for the question you ask, yes, you do touch people with your writing. That's why I wrote this. Good job Kayleen.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I could absolutely relate to this poem. I have the passion and depth in my soul as the poem does, but like the poem says its hard to get it down on paper and out of your head. Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I loved it... Man that was amazing... I feel that somehow if you write to the facless names at least someone will see it take interest ... if you keep everithing bottled up won't do you any good and because they are faceless they are a lot easyed to deal with than flesh and bone people these you can block out, the non virtual people you can't they allways find a way in... Again amazing poem.

Love R

Posted 9 Years Ago


I've attributed most of the feelings you convey through this poem to my own feelings when I attempt to write through the cloud of writer's block looming over me. In an odd manner, this piece read rather strained to me, and I feel that adds more onto the overall concept of this poem by directly tapping into the feelings you write about, thus strengthening the piece into something that can be, contrarily, read more easily and understood by the reader. Well done indeed, Kayleen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


It's odd that many of my virtual friends are closer to me than many of my own family of late. My best friend I've not met face to face yet (for various reasons) yet our hearts and souls are old, old friends; kindred in so many ways it still shocks us both how easily we click without judgments, without pretense, without all the bullshit and lies - unabashed honesty without regard to misunderstanding or the such as not much if any exists between us.

As always kudos and keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tangible feelings in a intangible world. We are a computer based network of feelings and emotions. I think you hit this pretty hard and provide a good take on it. It is painful to think about but truthful in its conception. I truly liked it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love it, honestly.......

Posted 9 Years Ago


It is tangible and I do not enjoy your misery: I am empatheic as one who must try and articulate deep thoughts to the virtual world. I assure you it is all tangilble as understanding and caring does not need a physical presence.
God bless you.
Rick

Posted 9 Years Ago


This one shows how exactly i feel sometimes.nice

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brilliantly written, you can really feel the emotion throughout.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this one and can really relate to it. I also have these feeling, sometimes there are things which I can't put into words but the feeling is so strong. Well-expressed!

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1827 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2012
Tags: prose

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Desires Desires

A Poem by Kayleen


Tie me off Tie me off

A Poem by Kayleen


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo