Disillusioned

Disillusioned

A Chapter by The Mad Gentleman

We were given a week for preparations. It was not yet nightfall on a day very similar to the one I had arrived on. The sky was dark and stormy, thunder and lightning filling the air. The aged Victor Halls and his butler Samuel Myers sat in the car with Kalla and I. The other four were in the vehicle behind us. Much to my surprise we remained on Victor Halls’ property for the entirety of the drive. Our destination was a large cave, the interior of which had been carved so to create lab stations and easier access to what ever was on the far end, just out of sight from the entrance.


Waiting for our arrival just inside the shelter of the cave, were two men. One very clearly younger than the other. From a distance I could tell that they were arguing about something. As we approached it seemed clearer and clearer who was winning the argument by the defeated posture of the older man. Then I recognized the older man as none other then Dr. Simon Coachmen. That was enough to confuse me, that is until I recalled Victor’s speech from a week prior, specifically about the members hiding through out society. Arriving at the two I heard the end of the conversation, the younger man had declared he was going with the expedition.


Victor greeted them when he arrived, and upon hearing the end piece of the conversation he sided with the young man. He put to Simon a wise argument that made it clear that for the younger man to go would be a far better idea. It only took a little convincing from Victor before Simon looked a little less disgruntled; albeit no less disappointed that the younger man would be leading the expedition.


As the conversation between Simon and Victor ended, the younger man turned to face the expedition party. He introduced himself as Denzle McBell, Expert on Svenz, Orting, and Hel; as well as the most knowledgeable person on the seven known Elder gods. This last self proclaimed qualification raised questions from all but for Victor and I. Though unlike me, victor’s silence was not from ignorance. Simon was first to speak, asking Denzle what he meant by seven Elder gods. Before Denzle had a chance to respond Victor answered. Stating that not only had Denzle confirmed the existence of Extarch in Orting. But also had Dr. strand discovered a dark god in Hell, by the name of Krath, whose location she also found.


All were silent for moments thinking on what they had heard. Then slowly all eyes turned to Denzle,finding confirmation in his eyes. The man picked up a strange case from the work table beside him. Then he set his hand on Simon’s shoulder and said promptly and in a condescending tone.

“It looks as if your theories are as wrong as ever now. What will you cook up to insult our research now?” 


With that said Denzle spun on his heels, his coat flaring out as he did so, exposing a flare gun at his hip. Then the man led the way from the now fuming Simon towards the back of the cave. At the farthest reach of the natural cave was a strange archway. Nothing about it, from the runes to the stone it was carved of, felt natural. And as I passed through that damned archway into the nether sphere below. Into Orting. I felt weight on my heart and mind, as if the sorrows of the world were now mine to bare.


As I looked around that darkness which so utterly consumed even my happiness I could no longer lie to myself. I could no longer tell myself that the Macabre tales of which I had so recently heard, were nothing more than stories. No longer could I cling to safety thatI felt from simple things like a locked door. It was all so clear to me now. That regardless what happened to me in this hell. I knew that the world above would never, to me, be in the same light as before.


~End Entry two~

~Olivia Eldritch~



© 2016 The Mad Gentleman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016
Tags: Weird stories, Under-Cities, Horror, Adventure


Author

The Mad Gentleman
The Mad Gentleman

Orting, WA



About
I try to write well... Try more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Chapter by The Mad Gentleman