Seven

Seven

A Chapter by Laraine Davis

 Lunch with Steve was stupendous. We had so much in common! We liked the same kind of movies and books. And the mostly the same type of music. He even knew who my favorite band was; a band that wasn’t very popular at all. This was all turning out to be amazing. After lunch, I said goodbye to Steve and drove back home. I had to finish my homework before school the next day. That whole night I thought and dreamed about Steve.

--———-The next morning————————
My alarm beeped alive, as usual, at 6:30. I groaned, but then I remembered that Steve said he was transferring into my school. I happily bounced out of bed and down the hall to the bathroom. Right when I looked at the mirror, I stopped short. My last breath caught in my throat as I read the message written in blood on my mirror. It read:
If I can’t have you. Know one can.

I read it over and over and over again, not believing what was right in front of me. I didn’t understand. Did Daniel write this? Of course he did, who else would have? I broke up with him, so he obviously couldn’t have me. But this, this was way over the line, even for Daniel. Maybe he had finally lost it…

Tears began sprouting from my eyes. I lost control and began sobbing. I didn’t know why. Maybe I was scared? Scared for myself or scared for Steve? Both, I supposed. What was going to happen? Why me? Oh, why me? I hated Daniel. I hated him so much. He was going to kill me. I could feel that, it was like a sixth sense. Wait. The message was written in blood. Where did he get the blood from? Oh. My. God.

“LUCAS!” I shrieked. I darted from the bathroom and was still screaming his name when I ran into his room. I got over to his bed and ripped the sheets off. It was empty, but there were blood stains on his bed! “LUCAS! NO! NO! NO! COME BACK! PLEASE! LUCAS!” I screamed his name over and over, out loud and in my head. I fell onto his bed and shrieked his name into his pillow. My tears were gushing out in waterfall strikes onto his bed and pillow, soaking it through.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Would that be mum? What would she say once she saw what Daniel had done to Lucas. Where did he hide the body? He’s a murderer. “A murderer.” I whimpered. I wiped the tears from my eyes, and stood up, ready to confront mum. But it wasn’t my mum who came up the stairs.

“L-lucas?” I stammered. “Yeah?” He asked, he was pinching his nose. “W-what are you doing?” My brain was still in shock, it hadn’t realized that Lucas was alive. Maybe it was a ghost? “I got a bloody nose about thirty minutes ago. It stained my fricken sheets! Can you believe how unlucky I am? Now I have to wash them!”

My eyes began to pour over again. I was so happy! “Lucas.” I barely whispered. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I closed my eyes and breathed in his warm brother smell. “Chels? You alright?” “Just...just give me a minuter.” I felt him chuckle softly. I smiled. If Daniel had killed Lucas, I would have had to kill him. Or myself. No way I could live without my brother.

 

 

Even after the excitement about Lucas had died down, my heat was still accelerated like a horse. I couldn’t stop breathing hard, and I was paranoid the whole morning. Everywhere I turned, I kept thinking Daniel was going to pop out and stab me or something. I must have been going crazy. Especially after that dream and that scare that morning.

It didn’t take me long to get ready, and in fifteen minutes, I was ready to go to school. “Lucas! I’m gone!” I yelled into the house. I heard him yell okay back, and then I walked out the door and to my car. When I reached the door, there was a note stuck on the handle. I took it off and began to read it. “Chelsea, did you get my message this morning? Meet me at our tree at 8:00.” I dropped the note, trying to collect my thoughts.

This was obviously Daniel, because last year we had ‘adopted’ this tree at the school. On the day that Daniel had officially asked me out in person, we were standing underneath that tree. So we made it our tree, and would always meet there on Fridays. Strange, I know, but I always thought it was so sweet how it was OUR tree. 

 

I thought the whole way to school what Daniel wanted. Especially since he wanted to meet at our tree and he couldn’t just tell me in the hallway or something like that. When I reached the school, there weren’t many cars in the parking lot. But there never was at eight in the morning. Classes started at nine, and students procrastinated as much as possible to not go.

I turned into a parking spot and stopped the car. I breathed in the fresh crisp air around me since I had the window open. Everything sounded so peaceful with my car turned off, and no one was around. I let my eyelids close and I tilt my head back onto the headrest. I thought about Daniel. But more importantly I thought about Steve. He had looked so manly and adorable yelling at Daniel to leave me alone.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Daniel making his way toward my car. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. “Hey.” He said, looking down at his feet. “Hey.” I said back, emotionless. “You want to um...go talk by our tree?” Daniel asked, talking to his brown flip flops. I shrugged, “Why not?” So we headed over to the tree and sat down on the soft soil.

We sat there for almost 10 minutes before I coughed and said, “So...?” “So...?” Daniel replied. “You’re the one who wanted to meet me here.” I said with a blank face. This was so boring and I had no clue why I was even here or talking to this kid. “Well?” I asked again after Daniel hadn’t answered yet. “I just wanted to let you know that I love you.” I started cracking up; like knee-slapping, rolling on the ground, stomach hurting, tears rolling down your face, laughing.

When I had finished with my little display of hysteria I looked over at Daniel who had a completely serious face on. “Oh, you were serious?” I asked, resisting the urge to let my face show a smile. “Yes. Chels, babe, I love you. I really do. Please, don’t leave me. I’ll do better. I promise. And if I don’t then you can leave me. But please, at least give me another chance!” By then I had stood up and was brushing the dirt off me. Daniel was on his knees, with his hands clutched tight, begging for mercy.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Daniel, I’ll say the same thing I’ve been saying for the past three months: If you loved me, then you wouldn’t hurt me.” I began walking away and I heard Daniel call after me and say, “I do love you. I know I do! Please, just look at it through my eyes for once!” For some reason that made me really mad. Why the hell should I look at this through his eyes? That would just make me look even more like the victim.

If anyone were to be looking through someone else’s eyes, it should be him seeing through my perspective for once. He needed to see that he was hurting me. I turned around to face Daniel and I said cooly and calmly, “I’m sorry, Daniel. But I’ve already given you one too many chances. You took those and shoved them back in my face. That just proved to me that we don’t belong together, and that you’re never going to change.”

I turned on my heels and walked up the path back to the parking lot. When I reached the school, I saw Amberr, my best friend, walking towards me. I smiled. I would not let this confrontation ruin my day. I would act like it was just like any other day, except today, I was a free woman. Free of Daniel, and free of abuse. Oh happy day.

 

 



© 2008 Laraine Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i liked the part where you put so much thrill ..as he put a threatening note written with blood ..he is a psycho for sure
i could understand how she felt ..some lovers especially at this age..and with such a hostile mentality could go to any limit even so far as to really hurt especially when they feel they are thrown away..they will never think as to why ..they will forget everything and only see themselves as a victim ..no insight at all ..a very dangerous personality capable of doing anything..
i really think she is never in a good situation ..a hurt lover with a mentality like this is a real danger ..if i was in her place i would have gotten as far as i could away from him..
very thrilling write..i think you could go more deep into their psyches and mentality it would give it a stronger build ..but its great as it is too
lovely write

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i liked the part where you put so much thrill ..as he put a threatening note written with blood ..he is a psycho for sure
i could understand how she felt ..some lovers especially at this age..and with such a hostile mentality could go to any limit even so far as to really hurt especially when they feel they are thrown away..they will never think as to why ..they will forget everything and only see themselves as a victim ..no insight at all ..a very dangerous personality capable of doing anything..
i really think she is never in a good situation ..a hurt lover with a mentality like this is a real danger ..if i was in her place i would have gotten as far as i could away from him..
very thrilling write..i think you could go more deep into their psyches and mentality it would give it a stronger build ..but its great as it is too
lovely write

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2008
Last Updated on November 3, 2008


Author

Laraine Davis
Laraine Davis

Atlanta, GA



About
I'm Laraine and I incredibly love to write. Recently, I managed to write a novel that was to be 50,000 words long in a month. It took a lot of dedication but I completed it with a immense achieved fee.. more..

Writing
Numbness Numbness

A Chapter by Laraine Davis