Fifteen

Fifteen

A Chapter by Laraine Davis

 His lips were warm against mine. And I had only known him for the most of five days, and this was already our second kiss. Though I wasn’t sure if that first one counted, because it was only a cause for an effect that was sure to come eventually. But I didn’t care. He was a marvelous kisser, and the anticipation leading up to it made it even more magnificent. It was like the whole world had fallen beneath me as his lips brushed against mine.

It wasn’t a make out or a French kiss. It was just a nice long peck that left me feeling breathless and alive. The second we pulled away I felt the urge to kiss him again, but I restrained myself, knowing that wasn’t something I should do. I opened my eyes to see his emerald green eyes staring back at me. I smiled shyly and stuttered, “M-my mum is uh, probably waiting. Yeah, waiting for me to um. Get back home, you know?” Blake chuckled and looking down, “Yeah, mine too. See you at school tomorrow?”

“Sure.” I smiled and leaned over to unlock his door. He stumbled out and walked up to his door. He turned back to look and me and waved once then turned the doorknob and walked in. I could feel my cheeks running red, but I honestly didn’t care because Blake liked me and I liked him. I just hoped that at school he wouldn’t find some preppy blonde to go bonkers over. Man, I hated those preppy, fake blondes. Bugged the crap out of me.

 

I was still thinking about school and the long day that had already occurred as I got out of the car and laid the keys on the driver’s seat. Lucas was waiting in the car behind me. My feet walked over there and my hands numbly opened the door. I felt lost for some reason. There were so many thoughts strumming through my head. Blake. Daniel. School. I uneasily settled into the passenger seat and tried to remember how to breathe. “You alright?” Lucas asked, worry in his voice. The engine started and I thought deeply into his question. Well, despite the fact that my whole world was falling apart but at the same time everything was going stupendous, I was okay. So I softly replied, “Yes. I’m fine.”

For the next five minutes, neither of us spoke. The silence grew awkward and I knew that I had to say something soon or I would certainly go insane. “Lucas?” I asked, cautious of breaking the silent space between us. He nodded my way. He seemed scared of breaking the silence wall as well. “This morning when I ran up and hugged you...” Lucas turned to me with a confused look upon his face. I continued, “Well, that was because there was blood on the mirror this morning that said ‘If I can’t have you no one can’ and it scared me. I had thought that for certain hat Daniel had killed you and used your blood to write that message.” I let it all out in one breath.

Lucas looked back at the road and didn’t say anything. I inhaled once and held it there, uncertain whether or not to let it back out. “Chelsea, that wasn’t really blood, was it? I could have sworn that it was lipstick. When I had gotten my nosebleed about thirty minutes before you had woken up, I had walked into the bathroom and seen the message. I had thought to myself that maybe you had been bored the night before and were just drawing on the mirror with your lipstick. I had thought nothing of it at the time.” I let the air out; my mind trying to interpret all this messed up nonsense.

 

“It wasn’t lipstick, Lucas. I’m, pretty sure about that. The bathroom reeked of fresh blood. I’m not sure you could have smelled that though, since your nose was probably already filled with blood.” Lucas nodded. So whose blood was it? Lucas asked that right after I had though it. “Well, I’m not quite sure. I guess it could have been Daniel’s. He is crazy after all. I wouldn’t be surprised if he cut himself just to signify a message to me.”

My words were the last spoken the rest of the ride home. This time, though, the silence wasn’t awkward. It was filled with questions that overflowed the small space in the car. I felt claustrophobic in the stuffy car, but we were almost home, so I decided not to ask Lucas to roll down a window or turn on the air conditioner.

When Lucas pulled into our driveway and cut the engine, we both sat there mute until Lucas spoke up, “So, he kissed you?” His question took me so off guard I laughed just to hear some cheeriness in my voice. He laughed too for a little bit, but it seemed only to be polite. I felt the blood flood to my cheeks, but I ignored it and replied, “Yes. He did. Only a peck, but it was just as a goodbye. And technically, I kissed him.” “No need for explanations, Sis. Its okay.” I laughed and opened my door, stepping back into a worry full world.

 

As Lucas and I entered the house, our mum was sitting in the kitchen counting peanuts. She was a weird little woman but that was why we loved her. “Hey mum,” I told her. She looked up and gave one of her ‘You’re home late. Well, at least your home, right?’ smiles. I smiled back and then walked into the kitchen. “Did you already have dinner, mum?” Lucas asked, following behind me. She nodded then looked back down at the table, continuing to count her peanuts. 



© 2008 Laraine Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on November 20, 2008


Author

Laraine Davis
Laraine Davis

Atlanta, GA



About
I'm Laraine and I incredibly love to write. Recently, I managed to write a novel that was to be 50,000 words long in a month. It took a lot of dedication but I completed it with a immense achieved fee.. more..

Writing
Numbness Numbness

A Chapter by Laraine Davis