Keisha

Keisha

A Chapter by Trobe
"

Hodriges and the Atlanta Falcons cross paths in Minnesota. What happens next will probably not surprise you.

"

Keisha Henderson was the wife of Atlanta Falcons defensive end, CoShawn Henderson. When the Falcons won the Super Bowl, Keisha earned the reputation as the craziest party wife on the team. She was known for being incredibly sassy, and it worked well for CoShawn. A minor superstar when he met Keisha, he rose to MVP-caliber once he started bringing her along to practices. Whenever he decided he was done working out, he would find his wife at the door raising one eyebrow at him. He would then sigh before working out for three more hours.

Keisha travels with the team to every single game and gives the referees hell if she disagrees with a call. Veteran referees expect to hear “Aw hell naw!” yelled at them from the stands several times a game. She is incapable of sitting still if the Falcons score or if CoShawn sacks the opposing quarterback. She will stand up and jump around, and often perform an elaborate victory dance.

Mrs. Henderson started a Falcons team tradition by inviting all the other players’ wives or partners to a banquet at her house at the beginning and end of the season. When CoShawn became a free agent after his fourth season, he knew exactly who would be negotiating his next deal. Keisha strutted into the general manager’s office. Team staff members were leaning against the door trying to listen to the meeting. Keisha was the only person who could be heard through the door. They reported that the meeting sounded like “Now y’all gotta listen here...my husband works his a*s off for y’alls all day ev’ry day...no sir, that will not be necessary...nah b***h are you deaf?...thank you!”. CoShawn Henderson signed the largest contract in the history of sports that day.

The Falcons began the season with a crisp 5-1 record heading into their toughest matchup yet: an away game in Minnesota. The Vikings were the only team still undefeated, led by star halfback DeAnderQuan Standerson. Keisha checked into the hotel, while CoShawn was staying at a different place with the rest of the team.

She prepared to get up bright and early in the morning to prepare with the team when Hodriges emerged from the closet. Keisha said “Nuh-uh I am too tired for this s**t” and began to dial the front desk. After two dial tones, Hodriges slapped her across the face and she dropped the telephone. Keisha tried to return an uppercut, but at the same time, Hodriges hit her face again. Both of them stumbled back, but Keisha fell and Hodriges stayed balanced. A few more slaps to the face and Keisha was gone. Hodriges jumped out the window and landed swiftly on his toes.

CoShawn was devastated, but took out his anger on DeAnderQuan Standerson as the Falcons pulled off the upset. The team motto became “Win for Keisha” and the Falcons used it as motivation and won the Super Bowl. CoShawn won his first MVP award that season.

The police found footprints with four toes on each foot in Keisha’s bedroom and alerted the public to stay safe.



© 2016 Trobe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on August 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016
Tags: keisha henderson, hodriges, football, sassy, short story


Author

Trobe
Trobe

About
Trobe is neither my real name nor my sexual identity. more..

Writing
Haikus Haikus

A Poem by Trobe


Ashtray Ashtray

A Poem by Trobe