4. They Unite Once More

4. They Unite Once More

A Chapter by Aehr

I passed out right there and then, for I had seen the lady in the wedding gown who appeared in my dreams. I slept off, and this was what I dreamed. 


 The sky overhead was a strange shade, born of purple and grey. The clouds were thick and it was about to rain any moment. All was still and silent, and a soft, cold breeze was blowing. Only the rustling of the autumn leaves on the trees could be heard.

 

Suddenly, the harsh stroke of a whip and the whining in agony of horses could be heard, as the coach pulled by the horses moved swiftly over the cobbled street. The coach inhabited only one person. She was a tall, slender, and extremely fair woman, in a long black gown, and gloves which reached her elbows. She wore a cold look, and her face was expressionless. Her almond shaped eyes were dark and piercing. Her straight, black hair was towered up in a bun, and she wore a netted veil over her face. Her lips were a shade of rosy red, not too bright, but matching her face perfectly.

 

She peeked through the diminutive coach-window, to see whether her destination was close or not, and she beamed a wicked smile when she saw an old wooden house on the side of the street. “Mariam” she said in a calm tone, and the coach slowed down. They stopped just before the house. The rider of the coach stepped down and opened the door for the young lady gently, as she took his hand and stepped down elegantly, making sure her gown did not touch the street.

 

“I will write to you when I need you to come get me, Mariam.” She said, waiting patiently for the rider, Mariam to take her luggage out. She did not possess much, just two small suitcases and her clutch. “Yes Madame” replied Mariam, in his French accent. He left the luggage with his mistress and rode back to where they had come from.

 

With her hands on her waist, the woman looked at the house, and gave out an exasperated sigh. It clearly looked like it needed some renovation. The front door was covered in cobwebs. There was dust on the porch, and it seemed lonely, scary and abandoned. There was a garden, But it seemed overgrown and lifeless. But the woman’s smile did not fade. She walked in, dragging her suitcases behind her and went straight to the door. Ignoring the dirt and dust, she twisted the rust-coloured handle, and the door swung open.

 

Just as she was about to enter that mysterious house, the woman, called Rose, was interrupted by a voice. “Late again, sister?”  Rose looked back with a wicked smile. “My apologies, brother Troy.”

 

Behind her, was a tall, handsome gentleman, who seemed to be of the same age as Rose. He was just as fair as she was, and had the same look in his eyes. His hair was a dusty brown and combed backwards neatly. He wore a jet black suit. Troy greeted her with a chuckle and said “Seventy nine years, and you haven’t changed your ways, sister. Speaking of sisters, where is Dawn?” Troy looked around but he couldn’t see anyone else. “She must be in already.” Rose said as she entered the house, leaving her luggage unattended at the door. Troy followed and whispered in a low tone “Of course.”

 

The house needed a lot of work, and it had been seriously neglected. Cobwebs were at every corner, there was dust all over the furniture, and the crockery. There was no source of illumination except for a tiny candle in one of the inner rooms of the house. Troy and Rose walked in cautiously. Soon, they reached the room, where the candle was. In that room, was also a lady.

 

Dawn was Rose’s twin, and they were wearing the exact same clothes. She was gazing into a crystal ball when Troy and Rose entered. “Its been a long time.” Dawn said, without even looking at her siblings. Her eyes were glued to the crystal ball. Rose grinned. “What a warm welcome.” She said sarcastically. “It’s a pity that we’re not much into warmth.” Dawn looked up and smiled. “Can we just concentrate on our task?” Dawn said as she finally stopped gazing into the crystal ball, and looked up to her guests.

 

Rose pulled out a chair with the tip of her fingers, trying not to touch the dust even a bit. Dawn rolled her eyes as she pulled the chair out for her, ignoring the dirt over it. It was her house, and she was used to it. “Change your ways, sister. You’ll be getting a lot of this around here. Its my lair.” She said. “Now girls.” Interrupted Troy. Lets focus on what we are to do.”

 



© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
This is the start of something totally new in the story - Its a twist in the tale!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the best chapter so far. The descriptions of the sisters and the brother is amazing ! I can see that there is a slight influence of maybe Twilight in this (kinda get that feeling).
Very well worked! I absolutely loved the way this chapter started !!!!
Ooooooooooooooo .... what's next .....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

yea.. i understand how you came up with the 'twilight' thing.
:)
Shreyas Tripathy

11 Years Ago

:)
Well penned interesting tale.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wooow..very exciting..thrilling.wonderfully written..keeps the audience waiting...loved it...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ohmigod!! I'm seriously hooked. Post more!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

i will as soon as i write more, for sure :)
I like it! good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The story is amazing. I had to re-read the first three chapters. The storyline is getting better. I like the strong description. Making each situation important and interesting. I like the direction the story is going. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

thank you sir.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

487 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


grieving grieving

A Poem by de_maruf