2. A Secret Unfolds

2. A Secret Unfolds

A Chapter by Aehr

I was in a complete state of paralysis for a minute. What did Kevin mean by that? All I could do was go back and think. ‘Okay’ I said to myself. ‘Lets see, he ignored me, ran away and it obviously sounded like he was scared of someone or something looking at us.’ That didn’t mean anything. Now, I tried to use my inner-connection-finding power (as I called it, and I knew it was a stupid name) and that did nothing but led me into more doubt and confusion.

 

Well, days went by and Kevin kept passing by my house everyday at 3:30 or so and used to go back by 6 p.m. And the weird thing was that he knew I would be in my balcony that time and he would always glance up. One day, the doorbell rang and I went down to open the door. It was a parcel for me. I took the parcel upstairs and what it had left me breathless. It was a diary with only the first two pages filled in a scribbled handwriting. This was what they said :

 

Dear Christine,

                       I know that your first question will be ‘How did you know my name?’ Well, I heard you talking to your friend on the phone. You must be very confused about the way I spoke to you. Well let me tell what it all meant.

I was told in a dream that I am special, because I see dreams which are connected to reality. I know you do too, don’t ask me how, but I just know. See, there is a special place here where there are guardians for such people like us. We are meant to discover the mysteries of our past lives but there is some evil power which wants to hold us back from unlocking the secrets of our past as it may cause harm to them. In what way? It is not known. That power is in the favour of three dark lords who can control time according to their will. They can stop us from doing what we are doing. The don’t want any more special people to be brought to the guardians. According to an old prediction, there are eight such people in the existence of mankind, of which six are already found, I am the seventh one and you are the eighth.

I know its hard to believe but that is the truth. The dark lords know that you are one of these people. The guardians call us Glowers, because we glow when we get a secret from our past. You are a glower Christine, and I need you to be ready by 3:15. You have to meet the Guardians. I’ll be there to come and pick you. We can’t communicate in public or the lords will see us. They are shape - shifters who normally disguise themselves as humans. So, we’ll talk through this diary. I’ll keep on telling you more things day by day. Be ready…

                 Kevin J. Cole

 

That was just too much to digest for me. Now, I could relate to the dreams a little. The feeling was weird and different but it was nice to know that I’m not the only person who has dreams followed by weird connections. What could I do? Well, I could stay home and run away, because it was a lie. Wasn’t it? But I found it a better option to face it. After reading the diary, time seemed to pass very quickly till 3’o clock. I got ready and told Mom that I was going for a picnic. Kevin came soon and he didn’t even stop at my doorstep. He kept walking and only signaled me to follow him. I did the same and soon, we were in the nearby woods, a part of Florida I hadn’t heard about. “The woods are not real. They are seen only by glowers. They shelter us from the eyes of the dark lords.” Kevin said, gasping for breath after walking so briskly.

I didn’t say  anything, and I just walked behind him. Soon, We came to this little low building with two towers at each side which weren’t very high. Suddenly, Kevin flashed a smile at me and looked back. “Come on!” he said as he ran in. I sighed. And in my head, I started lining out the questions I had to ask one by one as I walked on.

 



© 2012 Aehr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the pace of this chapter ! It's fast and interesting. I never expected this story to have a paranormal side to it !!
Loved the surprise... Now to the next chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The story is getting more interesting. I like the letter and the way the story is heading. I like the dark powers trying to keep a eyes on the pair. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Brilliant chapter! The letter was really really nice! I love letters in the middle of stories for some unknown reason. Excellent chapter, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pulling Me Down Pulling Me Down

A Poem by Aehr