3. I Glow

3. I Glow

A Chapter by Aehr

The atmosphere there was very weird. The garden was beautifully done and had lamps and wind chimes and charms and other such stuff hanging from the branches of the trees. It looked simply wonderful and there was something very mysterious about the garden.

 It drew me towards it, just like Kevin’s eyes did. I couldn’t hold back my curiosity, I was always inquisitive, since the beginning. I went to one of the trees which had a low branch with one lantern. “These are where we keep the memories and the near future of our soul. If nature wants to give us an indication for the future, the charms send us messages.”


A voice whispered. I looked back and found Kevin, telling me more. He started back to the door and I followed him. Once I stepped inside, I found three boys and three girls sitting before four people and talking one by one. “They are narrating their dreams. All eight of the glowers have been found today and our training begins from today.” My head automatically jerked towards his and I whispered “Training? What for?” Okay, that seemed only to me as a whisper. I guess I had spoken loud enough for everyone to notice me there. “We train you to fight the magic of the dark lords.” Said one of the guardians. She was young and slender and had long brown hair which was braided in a beautiful way. “Enter, young maid and proceed. Who are you?” I gulped That was the kind of English that was surely used in the days of long ago.


I stepped in and kept walking with all eyes on me, till I reached the guardian. “I am Christine Xavier, and the eighth glower, as I was told by Kevin.” I said a bit hesitantly, trying to make my English sound like the guardian’s, even though I knew it didn’t. Everyone gasped. Another of the guardians, a man this time stood up and said “You are welcome. We shall narrate our dreams together. You may sit with the other glowers.” I sat down and then one of the girls began.


 “Hello, I am Sophie McGill and I’m the first of the glowers. In my first dream, I pictured this lady in a wedding dress sitting on the bank of a river, ripping the petals of a red rose and throwing them into the river.” I looked at her “I’ve been dreaming of that lady as well!” I said in surprise. Sophie looked at me with a slight frown and said “What did you dream?” And then I narrated all of my dreams to them, which included the one in which Kevin stabbed himself. 


“Well, I really don’t feel like dying.” He said laughing in response to my dream related to him. It was a bit weird though. We were supposed to take our dreams seriously right? But Kevin then explained that dreams related to other glowers are true if and only if they take place in daytime, not at night. 


Then, the guardian who asked me who I am said “Sophie and Christine. This lady about whom both of you have had dreams is related to you in your previous lives. Follow me, both of you and we shall find out how.” I was a bit nervous. Now was the time when I could really see for myself what everything meant and if it was true.


The guardian took us to the garden and led us to one of the lanterns hanging from a tree. “Stand at either end of this lantern and close your eyes to memorize your dreams about that lady. You will be taken back in time and no one except the dark lords will be able to see you. So try to hide yourself from them but find the connection between both of you and the lady. And yes, if both of you are having dreams of the same person, both of you are related too. I hope of your success.” She said. We sighed and did as we were told. The moment I closed my eyes, The dreams of the lady came like a film before my eyes and I could picture everything as clearly as I did in my dream. I figured that Sophie was doing the same.


Suddenly, the ground on which we were standing began to shake like a massive earthquake had hit us. The garden suddenly began to fade and the temperature began to rise and fall alternatively. We were suddenly surrounded by black and then brown and finally a faded image of a bridge with a river flowing from below it. I guess it was the Westminster Bridge in London. I gazed around and suddenly I saw something which left me breathless.

 

 

 



© 2012 Aehr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You end the chapters very well... I cannot wait to read the next one, so I am going to make the review concise.
A good chapter as it made me visualize what you were wanting me to see. The imagery is a bit scrappy at times but didn't hurt the story much... Nice work !

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good chapter. The description create good visions and a beautiful place. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Another amazing chapter! *squeals*. I loved it! The reference to London triggered memories of my own visit to it....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pulling Me Down Pulling Me Down

A Poem by Aehr