5. Curiosity and The Dawn of New Dreams

5. Curiosity and The Dawn of New Dreams

A Chapter by Aehr

I woke up with a sudden inhalation of air, and my head beaded with sweat. For a few moments, I was dizzy, totally disoriented, and without a clue of what was happening. When my vision settled from a blur, I found myself on a soft, cozy bed, with a linen bed-sheet over it. I was in a small room, with only a few things to call 'furniture'.
The bed rested in a corner, with a window on the wall next to it, with cute little lime-green curtains.  There was a tiny side-table cramped beside the bed, which had a bottle of water and a glass kept on it. My gaze fell over the rest of the room, and I found it empty, with nothing but one picture framed on the wall adjacent to the bed. 
Never had I felt so weird after seeing a dream before. Of course, things had changed. I had found out that I was a glower, and I guessed nothing would ever be the same from then onward. Only then did it occur to me - where was I? Where was Kevin, and the other glowers, and the masters? I opened the ancient-looking brown door and went outside. 
I found myself in a hallway, which extended in both directions. I decided to go to the nearest room, and at least find out where I was. The first door was opposite to mine. I was just about to open the door when I heard familiar voices. 
"... and she doesn't know." That was Kevin's voice for sure.
"But it is said that both of your past lives are connected.  Christine had a dream which Sophie had too. The connection is working, Kevin." That was one of the masters. It was the female one, who took me and Sophie to the garden. 
So, they were talking about me. I had to hear, of course. I know, it was like evasdropping, but I couldn't help it. 
"But Christine doesn't know. That only makes things worse for her. She's more vulnerable now. And we can't even do without her. I know it's the same with me, but I''m used to it now, and the I'm good at hiding from the Dark Lords. I'm familiar with it." Kevin said again, trying to reassure the master. Weird - I didn't even know her name. 
"She should know." Said the master. I could sense tension in her voice. "Tell her. Go see her. Now." 
I  gasped, and ran back to the room in which I was. I silently closed the door behind me, and lay down on the bed and closed my eyes, as if I hadn't moved. In a few seconds, Kevin opened the door.
I was still on the bed, and I could hear Kevin's footsteps as he came towards the bed. I opened my eyes dramatically (I was quite good at acting) and Kevin smiled. "All awake?" he said as he sat at the edge of the bed. 
"Yeah" I said, trying to make my voice sound lazy. "Where am I?" 
"In one of the empty rooms of the house of the masters." Kevin replied casually. "You sort of.. passed out when you came back from the Time-Session. Sophie was still there but, you came back, unconscious."
I sighed. 
"New stuff can be bad, right?" he said with a side-smile. He actually looked cute.
"Yeah. Hey, I had the strangest dream ever." I said. 
Kevin's smile faded. "What did you see. Tell me all about it." 
I told him every little detail I could remember, and Kevin listened with his eyes on me. I went a little unfocused in the end, because...well... his eyes were distracting.
After I told him my dream, Kevin said "Well, get used to it. The dreams you are going to have from now on are going to be unforgettable. You can't keep anything from us, okay? Don't hide anything - not even one detail."
He then told me to freshen up, and meet the masters outside, to tell them about my dream too. I waited for him to leave, and then sat down to think about what Kevin and the master (or mistress) were talking about. 
They said there was something that I didn't know, and that it made me more vulnerable to the dark lords. I did as Kevin said, and decided to go the masters to talk about it. 


© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
After long, I finally wrote the fifth chapter so... well... yeah!!! *Cheers*Smiles*
Please tell me what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good one !! But I hate the fact that now I have to wait indefinitely for the next one.
You know how to pull a reader's attention, I am loving it so far.
Very colorful story .... hope you write again soon
Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice one, I like the details with it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good chapter descriptive interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your writing style is nice and lucid! I didn't read the previous chapters but i will get to them in the short run, this chapter has made me curious so as to whats happening!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very good chapter :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr