Chapter 1: Of wandering in other people's houses

Chapter 1: Of wandering in other people's houses

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor

 

Chapter 2

The Madness Begins

Rose cracked open one eyelid. The hazy image of a cave faded in and out of her vision and she had to blink numerous times before getting adjusted to the dimness of her surroundings. Something was definitely wrong. She remembered faintly that she had been trying to post her latest Phantom of the Opera RP for her online friend and fellow phangirl before she had fallen asleep. She had turned on the light and began typing when a strange sleepiness came over her, and she hadn't turned off the light before she took her nap. So where was the light?

A form stirred beside her and she sat up, screeching a high-pitched, startled “eek”. The other girl looked up at Rose groggily, having been woken from her sleep. “Whoa! Who are you?” Rose gasped.

“I'm Dahlia,” the girl said, moaning, “Ow. I think I hit my head.”

“I'm Rose,” Rose offered.

“Hi. Wait a sec....” Dahlia looked at Rose with a peculiar light in her eyes, “Oh my god...you wouldn't happen to be doing a Phantom of the Opera RP with me, would you?”

“Oh. My. God. You're DAHLIA!” Rose gasped and threw her arms around Dahlia. Dahlia was medium height, and pale, wearing a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Rose, on the other hand, was petite and short, wearing a navy and maroon striped blouse and a pair of black jeans.

“Can't...breathe...” Dahlia choked.

“Sorry!” Rose said cheerfully, releasing Dahlia from her death grip, “But where are we? It seems like neither of us are in our houses any more.”

Dahlia looked around. The girls were sitting side-by-side on a red velvet mattress set in the middle of a silver, swan-shaped bedframe. It was a comfortable littel room, with a few drawers, a wardrobe and a lovely writing desk, all made of lovely French Mahogany wood. The furniture was grand, like something from a museum.

“We're in someone else's house,” Dahlia annouced with an air of drama as she struck a pose. Rose gave a giggly “Muahaha” and clapped her hands, leaping up.

“Come on!” she said gleefully, “Let's go find our host!” She dragged Dahlia up, and the two girls began searching furiously for the strange house's owner. The first door they tried led to a room with red velvet sofas and faded pink fainting couches. The second door led to a large, marble bathroom, complete with a lovely silver mirror, new, newly laundered towels and all sorts of soap and lotions.

“Hmmm,” Rose stroke her imaginary beard, “I believe I've seen this place somewhere before...but I can't quite put my finger on when...or where...”

“I feel like I'm in a labyrinth...” Dahlia said, sticking her tongue out.

“Well then, let's try this door, shall we?” Rose grinned devilishly before turning the door knob to a large black door and swinging it open. What the girls saw upon going inside had them gasping and gulping.

At the center of the room was a black coffin, its lid shut. Rose wandered around to look at the organ behind it. There was a white half mask set on the bench, and an unfinished score in red ink sat beside it. Rose read the title to be “Don Juan Triumphant” even as Dahlia lifted the coffin lid--- “DON'T!” Rose screamed, but it was too late.

Erik, the Phantom of the Opera, in all his magnificence and his threatening power, loomed over Dahlia, his face unmasked in the candlelight, fury etched in his features.

Dahlia squeaked with fear and joy and ran back to Rose's side, her eyes bulging. “It's him!” she screamed, “The Phantom of the---”


But she hadn't finished her sentence, because Erik had, with two, long strides, crossed the room and had, as Dahlia had not heeded the warning of keeping her hand at the level of her eyes, punjabbed the helpless girl.



© 2012 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
*glares* How dare you, Erik! I shall see if my giant cheeseshredder has arrived in the mail yet. *walks outside to check and gets extra large package* Hmmm...wonder what this is? My giant cheeseshredder is definitely larger. Oooooh, there's a card!!! *reads card* Dear Rose, I hope you'll keep your promise and drag this extra large package to the barber!!! Me: Hmmm....I wonder what this is....*whips out rapier and dismantles the box; sees Raoul standing there* Oh, you. *grins evilly* Well, come on then. I promised Jamillet I'd take you to the barber shop. :D And I know just the place *insert maniacal laughter here; grabs Raoul and starts dragging him into the street*

*15 minutes later*

Here we are!!!
Raoul: Why are we at Rue Scribe?
Me: I want you to meet someone. OOOOOOOH ERIK???? ERIIIIKKK???
*an annoyed phantom walks out* Erik: What? What do you want?
Me: I'd like you to give Raoul here a haircut!
Erik: *brandishes rapier* gladly. Muahahahahahahaha.
Raoul: *blanches; draws his own sword* You will not harm me or this mademoiselle here!
Erik: I never said I wanted to harm her *glances at me* I don't think I could in any case. But you however....muahahahahaha!!!
Me: Oooooooh! A DUEL!!! *both men turn to glare at me* Fine. I"ll shut up and sulk in a corner. But Raoul, you'd better teach ihim a lesson or two, for threatening Dahlia like that! Disclaimer: I do not own the Phantom of the Opera or anything else. The only thing I own is Rose, and Dahlia belongs to Jamillet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Er... what is a Punjab? Is that just where you stab someone with something pointy?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rose of Gondor

10 Years Ago

......oh god you dug this up. DONT. READ. THIS.

Other than that: Punjab is a lasso.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
XD I love your Author's Note, I was dying the whole time! And yeah, Erik punjabbed me!!! Wicked but still scary! I'M UNDER THE PUNJAB OF THE ACTUAL PHANTOM!!!!!!! WOOOW! Can't wait for the next chapter, I'm sooo excited!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing