Hospitals!

Hospitals!

A Chapter by samiashannon
"

Yasmin's view of when she's in hospital...

"
Chapter 1.
I look to my left to  see the nurse checking my monitor with a frown. She quickly runs off in her dainty nurse shoes to Dr. Bracket. I know its bad news she would have told me otherwise. I know I'm dying there is no point trying to hide it. I want to hide it but I can't because I know the truth. I want to believe that one day I will die old and wrinkly but I can't. Its like Santa Claus - when you find out he's not real you want to believe again but the magic is gone - forever. There's more chance of Santa being real than me living more than a month. Mum always tries to pretend its not happening and make the most of my time by taking me to special tours and even backstage and 2 months ago I met Simon Cowell! That may be another girls dream but its not mine. I didn't want any of that, what I want is to cuddle up in our little cottage with biscuits (our dog) on my knee with mum, dad and Eve. To be watching home alone for about the fiftieth time, that's what I want. 
Cancer. 
Small word big meaning. I have had it for 2 years and 6 months ago my body started shutting down. It changes you forever and with my condition - nobody can cure me. They have tried transplants, operations, physiotherapy, medicine - everything. But nothing works, nothing ever will. Doctors have stopped trying even my parents. I am not me any more, the real me had beautiful long golden hair down past her shoulders, rosy cheeks, honey coloured skin, big blue eyes. This person who has taken over my body has no hair, scabby skin, grey eyes puffy and swollen. I cannot eat and I haven't since November which was 3 months ago. My bones stick out, I am seriously under weight far past the stage of anorexia. I have to be fed through a tube that is connected to  my stomach that had been drilled in last month.
Any minute now my mum should walk through the double doors pretending she's not been crying and give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She'll then sit down on the exact spot and take my hand and tell me about the family. Then she will burst into tears and walk out the room pretending she's hurt her foot. That's my mum - cheeky and clumsy. She's the one that I will miss the most. At least when I die I will be joining Nana and Papa. Dad's parents. 
I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.....................


© 2012 samiashannon


Author's Note

samiashannon
Sorry its rubbish but its my first chapter! Please review. I can take criticism! It helps...
Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

R.I.P Gran and Auntie Elizabeth xxx

Posted 12 Years Ago


that's dead good (y) I know your writing the next chapter so pm when you have put it up or jus text me hunnie :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


aww sam thats really good, reminds me of my grampa , a good tribute to those who have had their lives taken by cancer, exellent story lots of emotions.... Loved the santa part soo true !!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks Megan

Posted 12 Years Ago


AMAZING SAMIA- that is really good i hav said this many times but i wish i could write like u!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2012
Last Updated on January 3, 2012


Author

samiashannon
samiashannon

glasgow., scotland., United Kingdom



About
13 year old girl from scotland, loves to write:) review mine i'll review yours? more..

Writing
chapter one! chapter one!

A Chapter by samiashannon


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by samiashannon