Changes...

Changes...

A Chapter by samiashannon
"

Yasmin goes to her mum and dads house and she see's some changes...

"

Chapter 3

 

 

The rain pours down on my jacket as I step out the door with Ella dressed and Connor in his football kit. I just managed to find my car keys. I have a car! It’s a red mini! My dream car! I strap Ella in and Connor jumps in. I sit myself in the drivers seat and put the keys in the car. Do I know how? When have I taken driving lessons? I strap myself in and start the car. Surprisingly driving comes naturally to me and I drive along the high street listening to a band that I don’t know of.

“Where is the football club?” I ask him. He looks at me like I am crazy.

“Mum your drunk. You take me every Saturday and you don’t know where it is? Are you crazy? Granny will not be happy at you!” He says to me with his mouth full with toast.

“Gran? My mum? Where is she?” I ask dazzled that my mum is alive!

“Mum don’t come in the football club with me, you’ll just embarrass me. Since you are drunk! Anyway turn round the corner and park next to the fields. Hurry!” He replied to me. I turned the corner and approached the football field. I parked and gave him a hug (that’s what mum does to me anyway) and drove away back to the house.

When I walked in the door, with Ella, Harry was sitting drinking coffee and watching the news. He smiled at me drank some more coffee. I walked past him with a glare. What should I do? Kiss him? Hug him? I put Ella down in her cot and went to inspect the rest of the house. There was a small bathroom with a bath/shower, a sink and a toilet. I turned the cold tap and splashed my face it was cold but refreshing. Thoughts raced through my mind as I brushed my teeth with who knows toothbrush. Should I go see my mum? Should I start acting like I actually know these people? I combed my hair, oh it felt so good, and stuck on some half decent clothes that were in my wardrobe. I applied some make up and perfume. I then walked into Ella’s room and lifted her from her cot and put her in her car seat.

Right it was time to act like an adult, I thought, this is my life!

I walked down the stairs to the living room. Harry had now moved to the computer.

“Harry I’m, going to see my parents. Are you coming?” I asked him.

“Well, you know honey the match is on. Look if I can stay here and watch the match then I will pick Connor up from football. Ok?” He said to me as he turned the television on.

I nodded and put my winter’s coat on and drove to my parents.

**********

They still lived in the same house, with the same green door and the same oak tree. I parked the car in the driveway and knocked in the door. Dad came to the door, I hugged him tightly and he took Ella off of me. I rushed into the kitchen to see mum. I nearly cried when I saw her.

“Hello, darling. Where’s Connor and Ella?” she said as she stirred her soup.

“Ella and Connor? Oh, Ella’s with dad and Connors at football.” I replied nearly forgetting I had children.

“So are you sorry for your behaviour last night?” She asked me with a frown.

Confused I answered, “Last night? Behaviour?”

Mum glared at me and said �" “I knew you wouldn’t remember. Well where do I start? Dancing on tables, drinking till you nearly collapsed, flashing, smoking! The smoking I am most angry with! You know you can’t smoke, for your health with Ella’s birth!”

Smoking, drinking and flashing? What happened to me?

“Eh, sorry about everything last night.” I said as she hugged me. I walked in the living room, it was the exact same as before. Ella was sitting on my dad’s knee and happily playing with his tie. I sat down on the armchair.

“Feeling rough?” He asked as he spun Ella round.

“Erm, ye I guess so. I’m so confused.” I replied. He smiled and carried on playing with my baby girl. After a while I walked up the stairs to my old bedroom. It had changed completely; it was still the same bed but everything else. My dolls weren’t there, pictures that I drew had been taken down, my pink walls had been painted white, and my flowery duvet had been replaced by a yellow sheet.

I sat on the bed and cried. It felt so bad to be an adult at this moment. I kicked my boots off and cried myself to sleep…


© 2012 samiashannon


Author's Note

samiashannon
Ignore any grammar problems... Please review it - positive or negative comments matter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks bethany and megan xx


Posted 12 Years Ago


POSITIVE- love the wee boy telling his mum " YOUR DRUNK ! GRANNY WILL BE DISAPPOINTED " lol x and the ending i wonder if she'll wake up with cancer again :(

NEGATIVE- just a some missing commas
that was soo good hunnie

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really good it i amazing i love it xxx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on January 4, 2012


Author

samiashannon
samiashannon

glasgow., scotland., United Kingdom



About
13 year old girl from scotland, loves to write:) review mine i'll review yours? more..

Writing
chapter one! chapter one!

A Chapter by samiashannon


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by samiashannon