A strange surrounding...

A strange surrounding...

A Chapter by samiashannon
"

Yasmin awakes in a double bed with a man! She apparently has 2 kids!!

"

Chapter 2

 

As I awake I yawn, careful not to bend the tube that is down my throat. I turn to the side of me expecting to see my heart rate monitor but instead I see an oak bedside table with a clock that reads 6am and a lamp. I look towards me to see no other hospital beds but a dark room with a chest of drawers, make up table and a bookcase. Where am I? If its 6am nurses should be strolling towards me with my medicine jags not lying here in this strange bed. A snoring noise comes from beside me and panickly I turn to see a topless man with a beer gut and a hairy chest now snoring. He looks familiar to me and I soon realise I am in bed with Harry Foyer! We are enemies always have been always will be.  I lift my hand to my head and feel matty hair in a bob. Hair! What happened to my baldhead?

Confused

I carefully lift the duvet off of myself and place it to the side. I lift my feet off of the mattress and place them on the floor. I know I can’t walk but “Hey” I have hair. To my surprise my walking is perfectly fine as I walk towards the bedroom door. There is a housecoat hanging and I put it on, as it is chilly. I carefully open the door and make my way across the landing. To my right is a door with a picture saying “Connors room, keep out �" or else!” in very un-neat writing. Curiously I open the door and peer in; there is a boy about 6 sprawled on a bed sleeping. I walk in quietly and look at his room. It is very dark and gloomy and extremely untidy, there is dirty laundry lying on his floor, a plate that has pizza crust on it, action figures all over the floor and about six cups. I get a feeling that I want to tell him to tidy it.

I close the door and carry on walking along the hall. I come to a door that has a picture of an adorable baby in a teddy bear frame. Under it reads Ella �" my dream baby name. I slowly open the creaky door and walk into a baby room that has teddies all around it. It is fairly tidy except from a few baby toys on the floor. I walk over to an oak crib and see the most beautiful baby lying in the cot. She has fair blonde hair, honey coloured skin, long eyelashes. She actually looks like me when I was a baby.

As I am about to walk out the door she begins to gurgle and then cries. Panicked, I walk over to the crib and lift her out. Tears drip out of her bulging blue eyes, she looks up at me and I smile but she doesn’t stop crying. I rock her and cuddle her but it doesn’t stop. She looks hungry so I walk out the room and cautiously walk down the winding staircase to what looks like a living room. I look around it has 2 armchairs, a settee, a large flat screen with a sky box, a bookcase and a coffee table in the middle with a Forbes magazine and an empty mug. I walk through 2 double doors to a kitchen/ dining room. It seems fairly pleasant with an oak table and chairs. I open the fridge it has cheese, butter, milk, cold meat, eggs, chocolate, fruit and some leftover pasta. I lift out some aptimal baby milk in a bottle and lift it to her lips. She doesn’t like the taste and spits it out all over her baby suit. I remember babies like warm milk and I put it in a baby bottle warmer. Once it has heated I feed it to her and she sighs and drinks the milk. I go and sit in the living room and turn on the big television. I skip to the news channel and watch. Something catches my eye, in the top left corner the date reads �" 4/1/2027. If it’s 2027 I must be 28! This is really strange. Suddenly Connor comes rushing down the stairs.

“Mum, mum make me some toast. I’m going to be late for football practise!”

Startled I turn round to him, he has Bart Simpson pyjamas on and his hair is sticking up in all directions.

“Mum? Mum?” I ask repeatedly.

“Yes mum. I knew you would be like this, still half drunk from your anniversary party last night. Dads in bed with a hangover and your still half drunk! Even if you’re drunk you still have to walk me to Football Practise!” He complained to me. If he’s calling me mum then he must be my son! And Ella must be my daughter! And… Harry must be my HUSBAND!!

Dazzled

I put Ella down in the baby chair and walk over to the toaster and start to make toast. Connor sits impatiently in the living room watching Sponge bob Square Pants. I bring his toast to him and he runs up the stairs with no thanks. I pick up Ella and walk over to the mirror by the front door.

Before my eyes I see; a women with a blonde bob, bags under her eyes, some wrinkles. I lift my free hand up to my face and see a shining gold wedding ring. It soon comes to me that this is me �" 28 years old and living the life I was going to have if I didn't have cancer……….. 


© 2012 samiashannon


Author's Note

samiashannon
Sorry if there is spelling mistakes or punctuation mistakes!
Its rubbish and please comment - negative or positive. I can take them all - they help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks bethany

Posted 12 Years Ago


POSITIVE- aww, thats really good , love the description of the baby, ella. Nice sweet story, differentt fom mine whichare usally based around death so this cheers me up to read it sam :) and my name " forbes magazine " hehe
NEGATIVE- You used the word careful quite a bit, i'd use it only once or twice :) and i'd change the begining because it says " carful not to bend the tube down my throat, but she didn't have one because she was out of hospital, maybe you should have said "careful not to bend the tube , but oh i noticed it wasn't there " but othere than that good story hunnie tell me wen the next chapter is up xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks megan xxxx

Posted 12 Years Ago


That is really good- I would love to hear more, cant wait now, I LOVE IT!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on January 4, 2012


Author

samiashannon
samiashannon

glasgow., scotland., United Kingdom



About
13 year old girl from scotland, loves to write:) review mine i'll review yours? more..

Writing
chapter one! chapter one!

A Chapter by samiashannon


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by samiashannon