Daily Dream 07-15-2016

Daily Dream 07-15-2016

A Chapter by Sargon Dorsai

Snow continued drifting through the air, blanketing the world and hiding the normal imperfections in glorious, pristine white. Even my normally dusty car found new life, her red hue hidden beneath the new coat. Unfortunately, it also hid many of the faults in the road, a lesson I learned to my detriment as my car became stuff in a hole I couldn’t see.

Trudging out into the snow, I tried in vain to rescue my vehicle. Nary a soul was to be seen, all of them wiser than I, for they stayed away from the snow. Stayed away from the storm. Fortunately, for all that I was on a lonely road to nowhere, i wasn’t that far from family. Locking my vehicle and pulling my coat tighter, I made my way onward.

The weary walk grew wet as the temperature rose just enough to melt the falling snow, pelting me with rain that tried its best to pierce through my jacket. Glancing ahead, I finally spotted the shelter on the edge of the property. Not feeling up to the additional couple of miles up the ridiculous driveway, I huddled into the shelter like a student waiting for the bus.

Would my car freeze over? Would I freeze over? Those were the thoughts racing through my mind even as I faded to sleep.



© 2016 Sargon Dorsai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on August 22, 2016
Last Updated on August 22, 2016
Tags: Dreams, Snow


Author

Sargon Dorsai
Sargon Dorsai

Portland, OR



About
Hello there! My name is Matt Hester. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home father to four amazing children, ages four to thirteen. I get to spend my days taking care of the house and spending time.. more..

Writing