Daily Dream 07-28-2016

Daily Dream 07-28-2016

A Chapter by Sargon Dorsai

The soft click click click of the keyboard filled the air. The gentle glow from the monitor the only light in the room. Gentle instrumental music provided the backdrop as I worked on my article. It was the culmination of my research over the past year and it needed to be written. It need to be told. It needed to be a secret until I sent it out though.

Pausing a moment to massage my shoulders, I told myself the feeling between my shoulder blades was just an illusion. That there really wasn’t a secret government agency watching my every movement. I was too small. No matter what I had uncovered, they shouldn’t have taken notice of me.

This needed to be finished though. Leaning forward, I resumed my work, fingers flying over the keyboard as the words continued to pour out of me. The room seemed to grow ever darker, the shadows encroaching on my little world that consisted of the computer and me. Even the music seemed to have a hesitant undertone, as if it too held its breath in anticipation.

Click click click click… silence.

I leaned away from the computer, looking at the screen at the article I was about to post. The year had been hectic. Interviews, investigations, tracking down leads and talking to other people who had suspected things. Each of them with a piece of the puzzle that had been left to me to put together.

Those black vans at each interview were just imagined. The shadowy figures darting through the alleys the work of my overly active imagination. Even the problems I had with the computer the past week could be chalked up to coincidence.

So why did this feeling of being watched only intensify? Why did that itch get worse, like something was crawling unseen along my skin. It was a feeling I couldn’t shake.

It didn’t matter. This needed to be done. Reaching for the mouse, I moved over… and clicked submit.

That was it. The information was being uploaded to my blog and copies sent to all those who had helped me.

Then came the pounding on my door.



© 2016 Sargon Dorsai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: Dreams


Author

Sargon Dorsai
Sargon Dorsai

Portland, OR



About
Hello there! My name is Matt Hester. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home father to four amazing children, ages four to thirteen. I get to spend my days taking care of the house and spending time.. more..

Writing