Daily Dream 07-19-2016

Daily Dream 07-19-2016

A Chapter by Sargon Dorsai

I sat there in my car, contemplating the darkness outside. Things hadn’t gone well at the project. We were almost halfway through with the house when we learned that they weren’t planning on paying us. A lot of people had been involved on that project and that meant a lot of disappointment and for some of the men, anger. We all drove off and now here I was, pulled over to the side of the road, trying to gaze through the rain.

Pulled over to the side of the road, I was outside the parking structure. The gated and fenced in parking structure. The one that for some reason I had lost my access to. Sighing as yet another vehicle was allowed admittance I turned the car back on and headed out. There were other people I could stay with in the area until the next project.

Gravel crunched under the tires as I pulled up to the house, the long driveway completely unlit save for the light from my car. Even the house was dark, the shutters all drawn. Fortunately, the rain had let up as I walked up to the front door. Reaching up to knock on the door, I gave a little start as the door slowly swung open.

Pushing the door the rest of the way open, I looked inside. A thin layer of dust covered everything, motes drifting through beams of light shining from my car that managed to pierce the shutters and joined me through the door. Where had everyone gone? Moving further into the house, I scanned for a flashlight in the drawer near the door.

Other than the furniture there was no sign of life in the house. No pictures on the walls. No linens on the beds. How long had they been gone? Why hadn’t they told me? Moving into the garage, I found only a lone tacklebox left in the middle of the floor. Strange.

Opening the tacklebox, I found my friends gaming supplies. Dice, cards, miniatures. He wouldn’t have left those behind…

Where were they?



© 2016 Sargon Dorsai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on August 27, 2016
Last Updated on August 27, 2016
Tags: Dreams


Author

Sargon Dorsai
Sargon Dorsai

Portland, OR



About
Hello there! My name is Matt Hester. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home father to four amazing children, ages four to thirteen. I get to spend my days taking care of the house and spending time.. more..

Writing