Daily Dream 07-26-2016

Daily Dream 07-26-2016

A Chapter by Sargon Dorsai

The line to queue up for the tests was horrendous. People were spilling out of the building and around the block. Everyone wanted to see if they qualified. After all, this was possibly a life changing event. If you could show that you were compatible, then you were set for life.

I’m not sure how long I had been in long. Time seemed to blur as we shuffled along. Sure, this was a great chance… but is a chance that we didn’t have a choice in. Everyone was required to be here. One of the reasons the lines were so long in the first place. I could understand that, I suppose. The more people they could have with these powers, the more chances they would have to study those powers, especially if some of them had… accidents.

Which way did I want to go? On one hand, it would be nice to have powers and be able to make a difference in the world. On the other hand, I really didn’t want to work with the government, especially given some of the horror stories that had made themselves known around the area. Still, I didn’t have a choice one way or the other.

Was it my time already? Stepping up to the machine, I wasn’t sure what to do. I think they explained the process to me, but it all faded away. Something called to me, beckoned me. My hand rose almost against my will, palm resting against the cool metal. There was a voice… I could almost understand it. All the shouting from the people in the room was too distracting. They needed to go away.

Suddenly the world snapped back into focus as I looked around, a blue haze filling the air. On the other side of the room, watching me through the haze, was the government stiffs. The people who put this all together. I couldn’t really make out their expressions but I imagined they weren’t too pleased. Or maybe they were.

My attention was drawn to the weight on my arms. Looking down I found a pair of bracers wrapped around my forearms, a mixture of silvers and blues in a pattern that shifted from moment to moment like oil on water. I could feel a power there, calling to me. In that moment I finally noticed that the machine from earlier was gone. Was that what happened to it? Did I absorb it somehow?

Another power echoed with mine from across the world. It reached out to my mind, caressing, tender and caring. There was more than just the touch though. Information poured into me. Teaching me. Telling me how to do it. How to teleport.

Let’s see. I just concentrated like this…



© 2016 Sargon Dorsai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: Dreams


Author

Sargon Dorsai
Sargon Dorsai

Portland, OR



About
Hello there! My name is Matt Hester. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home father to four amazing children, ages four to thirteen. I get to spend my days taking care of the house and spending time.. more..

Writing