Chapter 01

Chapter 01

A Chapter by Sarah

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was ten, and my little sister was five. It was five years ago, but I still remember the cries for help as if they were happening right now. I still remember my mother, my wonderful mother, sacrificing herself for our sake. I remember my father turning on the family and going to the evil men. I remember my little sister crying, crying out in pain as mother died right in front of her. I remember running across the lake, my sister on my back, huffing as I reached the institution. I remember passing out in front of the gates, my sister shaking me to be awake.

 

My name is Daniel Smith. I’m fifteen years old, my sister is now ten. I haven’t got any clue what this place is. They just told me that this place will help every person like me. I don’t see how, not with the patrol, then the fact that this place has twenty one people, all from twenty one different countries. My sister and I are from the United Kingdom, but I had to tell them that I was from Ireland because they only accept people from different countries. The fact is true though, I have an Irish accent because I grew up there until I was nine years old, while my sister got the English accent somehow. No one expects anything from this institution, but I have my theories. However, despite all my ideas, there is only one reason we’re all in here, we’re not normal.

 

We all have different elements from one another, we have powers.

 

Yes, this is true, we have powers that we were born with, and I have fire. It’s funny, because people often stay away from me in fear that I will burn them with a blink of an eye. However, despite my antics, there are many people in this place that I should worry about, one in particular. His name is Jett, he’s the same age, except that he has every power there is known to man. Yes, he’s the most powerful person in this planet, in the universe for the matter. However, there is one problem with Jett.

 

He doesn’t know his real name, or his family, he doesn’t know his identity. Jett was given this name when he entered this place, and in order to suit his personality, people gave him Jett. It does suit him, considering that he is never on time, not to mention that he is completely worthless when it comes to doing anything. Despite all this though, he’s a general nice guy.

 

I’m in bed now, staring at the ceiling. It’s five in the morning; they’ll be coming to wake us up soon. I really don’t want to be awake right now, but I couldn’t sleep, my sister kept on waking me up saying that she wants to sleep with me. That is against the rules though, boys are with boys and girls are with girls when it comes to sleeping arrangement. She was so scared though, how could I say no? Now she’s sleeping in my bed and I’m keeping guard in case the people come, our trainers are pretty strict on these rules.

 

A knock on the door shot her up, and I ushered her through a secret passage way I made when I was ten. She was five at the time, and when I come to my sister, Emma, she gets nightmares like hell at times. Anyway, the trainers barged in, shouting “Wake up call!”

Jett sighed, “Mate, do you know what time it is?” His accent is a very rich Australian one.

“I don’t care! Breakfast is ready downstairs!” They walked out, leaving the doors open.

I sighed, “Never argue with the man, Jett.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He smirked, “It’s a wonder how Black Rose gets away with it…”

“Maybe it’s because she’s a scary person with anger management problems.” An American accent came from behind us. He laughed, “It’s true though, ya gotta admit!”

“Nah, I think it has something to do with the separation of her family.” He shrugged, “That or she could have ‘connections’…If ya get what I’m saying…”

I nod, “True, true…”

 

Black Rose is the most feared person in this institution. She’s always wearing long clothing; I have no idea why though. She must have stupid body temperature or something. She hardly ever talks, and when she does you hardly get anything out of her, she’s straight to the point. Her stare is always hard on people; she hardly ever smiles as well. It too weird, she’s not normal. That and she has a gun, always holding it or wiping off the invisible marks on the sides.

 

All in all, she’s incredibly creepy.

 

Breakfast is now. Everyone eats in silence for some reason, well, everyone but Emma, Jett and I. We’re the only ones who actually make the noise in this place. It’s like a grave yard here. No one speaks because they’re afraid of the head. I’m not though, he’s an idiot. Everyone calls him a hero, but I beg to differ.

 

Training is about to begin, and the commander yells, “Line u according to size! Move it!”

Everyone lines up, but Emma is hugging my side. I sigh, kneeling down, “Emma, you have to go. I promise I’ll come back…”

Emma looked up, huge blue eyes staring at me, “Really?”

“Yeah…No go, before they mark you off. Go!” She ran, and I sigh, glancing at Jett. He’s right next to me, which to me is incredibly odd.

 

Training is about to begin.



© 2013 Sarah


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: 21


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah