Chapter 08

Chapter 08

A Chapter by Sarah

People say that time passes by one person like a cheetah running in the wind. Well, it’s practically eleven at night, and my roommates will not stop snoring or talking in their sleep. I’m near the window, staring out from it.  I can’t sleep; my mind is too muddled up at the moment. I don’t know why though, this is just too weird. I feel so guilty for some reason, but why? I don’t understand this stupid feeling I’m having right now, it’s getting on my nerves. Flames are lighting up my tips of my hair, making a shadow in the wall. I sigh, leaning against it. I need Emma, but she doesn’t need me anymore as it seems. Apparently she’s made some friends, so I have practically no one to talk to at this time of night.

 

However, as I stare out this window, I see a light. It’s such an annoying one at that, glaring into everyone’s vision, not caring if it blinds me. I wonder where it comes from; I have never seen it before. The only time I have ever heard of a light like this was when I was reading that night. I got up, heading out the door. I’m not supposed to be out at this time of night, but I need that book. Something tells me that in that book my answer lies. I don’t remember that much from reading it, all I know is the stupid book that it holds an answer I’m looking for. I stumble, as I land on a pile of what seems to be pillows. I can’t see in this darkness, so I placed fire on my hair tips.

 

This room is really different when it’s night time. It’s as if someone had died in here. A pile of pillows are left out, and on the side is a pile of books. I stroll over to the book, being careful of not making a sound. It’s around twelve thirty at night, so of course I don’t want to wake anyone. If I do, I probably wouldn’t be able to go outside for a while. Anyway, I find the book that I was looking for, this stupid old book. I have no idea how old it actually is, still I’m not judging. I rush back to my room, sitting by the window again. Flipping through the pages, I found the page I was looking for.

 

The light off in the distance will tell you everything.

 

I don’t get it. The light right now is just blinking, blinding me. It’s not telling me anything I need to know, it’s just blinking! I need a brain, not my brain, but a smarter brain. I sit, thinking. Who’s smarter than me? Well, I know Jett is, but he’s sleeps like a log, I  can’t wake him up. There’s Raj, but I’m not sure which is his room, there’s so many rooms in this place it isn’t funny. Other than those people, I don’t know who to ask at this time of night.

 

However, as I was looking out the window, I notice a purple cat. Well, it was close to black, but to me it looks purple. It scratched at the window, and I chuckle, opening it, “You’re such a cute kitty, too bad that it’s not a good enough disguise, Shadow.”

She sighed, “How did you know it was me? I have a tail and everything…”

“You’re purple.”

“Oh, right…” She shakes her head, sitting, “I heard you go out into the Gathering Room.”

“How’d you hear me?”

She shrug, “Cat like hearing doesn’t occur to you in any way at all?” She sighs, “What are you reading?”

“This book…It has something to do with that light over there…” I point at the light.

She looks, “Oh that, Black Rose knows what that is.”

“Seriously?”

“Oh yes. She’s been there once before actually…” I stare at her wide eyed, “What?”

“She’s been there before?!”

“Yes, I don’t know when though, she won’t tell anyone, not even me. John is trying to get things out of her, but he isn’t getting anywhere.” She looks towards the way she came, “I have to go sorry, but I’ll see you later…” She went.

 

Great, that really clears thing up. Not only I don’t know what it means, I also know that someone has been there?! I wonder what ‘where’ is, is it a government building in the middle of nowhere or something? Also, I would like to know how Black Rose knows about this anyway. Now that I think about it, she does seem to know this place like the back of her hand, so why does she know about this light? So many answers, so little time it may seem.

 

I sigh, making my way to my bed, lying on top of the sheets. This doesn’t make any sense, so I can’t be bothered to do anything that does. I fall asleep immediately, closing my eyes. I hate today.

 

 

The doors slammed open, a loud voice booming throughout the room, “EVERYBODY UP. BE DOW STAIRS IN TWENTY MINUTES.” The commander storms away.

Andy groans, sitting up, “Why must Hell exists for?”

Jett sighs, rubbing his eyes, “Not sure, mate.” Jett looks at me, “You look like s**t!”

I groan, “Just tired….”

“Oh really?”

“Yep…”

“Dude, you look like some person who had stayed up for two weeks in a row!” Andy laughs, “Have a bad sleep, eh?”

I sigh, “You’re over exaggerating a little…” I sit up, my hair clumped, “Great…”

“Oh, cheer up, mate! It isn’t the end of the world, ya know!”

 

I sigh, I’m not up for this today.

 

 



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013
Tags: 21


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah